News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We were robbed, Van Persie was offside FACT!

Started by os5889, December 05, 2010, 12:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

I know Arsenal probably deserved it but Van Persie was offside, thanks for Aldo for pointing it out!

Lighthouse

But the poor old linesman was clearly unsighted by the fact that Arsenal are a top club. Van Persie was clearly not in the zone interfering with himself and was clearly playing against Fulham who were docked 57 offsides before the season started.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

That being the case, I think it is now 5 points lost due to referee decisions...this season.

cebu

Quote from: jarv on December 05, 2010, 01:26:33 PM
That being the case, I think it is now 5 points lost due to referee decisions...this season.

Agreed, but it isn't just Fulham that is suffering. What about Chelsea's "penalty" against Everton?

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 05, 2010, 01:25:01 PM
But the poor old linesman was clearly unsighted by the fact that Arsenal are a top club. Van Persie was clearly not in the zone interfering with himself and was clearly playing against Fulham who were docked 57 offsides before the season started.

What about Arsene Wengers 'get a free decision every match' card?
FTID

os5889

Its not even like the linesmans in a bad position or obscured at all!

finnster01

Owen, he is not allowed to wave the flag you know. The Big 4 wouldn't like that.

Just like FIFA giving the WC to Russia and the powerhouse known as Quatar, two countries that didn't even qualify for the last WC.

Which means it will be even harder to qualify the next few times around. If I was Ladbrookes I would take bets on Chechnians and Al Quiada blowing up some major spots. It is bound to happen unfortunately.

Anyway, I digress. My point was: Nothing in football is fair anymore. It is all business and fans getting raped Midnight Express style. Especially non-Big4 fans. 
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

Quote from: jarv on December 05, 2010, 01:26:33 PM

and, at least a couple of points gained

1. Ref missed Swartz handling outside the area

2. Look at Mr. Bilet's "goals so far" thread, Dempsey offside clearly impeding the GK's view on our equalizer against crap, can't remember who.

paranoia is a fun game to play, but sometimes human beings just make mistakes.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Lest we forget, we were fortunate to be in touching distance after the first 20 mins or so...

Can't really grumble about the result, I was expecting a massacre, in the end we put on a good show which we can take a lot of positives from and hopefully translate in to points from so-called lesser teams than the Arse.

NogoodBoyo

It deserves to be said that the referee had a good game.  Remember, he could have stopped the game when the CB damaged his skull.  In fact, whilst we're om the subject of noble moves, we owe that guy a big favour because he could easily have stayed down (really, he should have stayed down as it was a serious head injury).  Hats off to the bloke, he got straight back up like a pro just long enough for us to score.  Then he fell like a log never to be seen again.
In the linesman's defence, van Persil didn't look offside at the time, but os's pause button surely shows he was.  Never mind.  It was still a good game - a very good advertisement for football.  Shame we lost though.  We should have got that draw to add to our drawer full of draws!
Nogood "calling it is as itis, isit" Boyo

alfie

Have to say i thought DK was offside for our goal.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't