watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa can do us a big favor in their next two games

Started by The Swan, December 17, 2020, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

I know there is no love lost between us and Villa but their next two games are at home to Burnley  tonight and away to West Brom at the weekend.
Two wins for Villa by a big score and of course a big win for us against Newcastle would go down very well.
What a Great Christmas Present.
The Swan

AnOldBrownie

Hate rooting for Villa, but it's going to be easier to catch Burnley than it will be to catch them.

SP

The live text says, how is this still 0-0.  That's bound to mean Burnley score against the run of play now?

FFC1987

Villa very wasteful and Burnley look good again to be fair so really could go either way.

Wingnut

Villa have had 22 shots on goal and 7 on target. Hit the woodwork twice, at least. El Ghazi is having a mare. Grealish is the best player on the pitch by a country mile.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

FFC1987

Quote from: Wingnut on December 17, 2020, 07:27:44 PM
Villa have had 22 shots on goal and 7 on target. Hit the woodwork twice, at least. El Ghazi is having a mare. Grealish is the best player on the pitch by a country mile.

Yep, El Ghazi really letting the side down currently. Grealish is just too good for this side.......

RaySmith

Grealish should  take the shots on himself, he passes to teammates who are hopeless, like El ghazi -can see Burnley  getting at least a point from this though villa have dominated, but Burnley always dangerous on the break.

Jules

FFC1987

Feels like Burnleys day to be honest. Ugh......really annoying that our survival is relying on other teams at the moment. As Burnley will continue to grind results out.

RaySmith

Grealish opened up a great chance for himself - but over the  bar, only the keeper to beat!

Wingnut

Crikey, it's spreading. Mings, centre of the goal, seven yards out, and he manages to head the ball wide. Grealish has just blasted the ball over bar. 27 shots on goal.

Edit: Game over 0-0. Two points dropped for Villa and one point gained for Burnley.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jules

Thanks Villa, woeful, spurned chances galore. Enough to win 3 or 4 games. A point to the Burnley lumps and we are back in the bottom 3 :016:

FFC1987

Back into bottom 3 with a bang. Really hard to see how we can get out of this with Brighton and Burnley looking pretty solid and us not really going for wins in games against bottom 5 clubs. |Love the tactics against the big clubs but we need to adapt to win these games like yesterday.

shepperton white

Have to say Grealish is a arrogant s... at times as his recent visit to his local magistrates illustrates, but you have to say he's one hell of a player

Somerset Fulham

I see nothing in either Burnley or Brighton that makes them better than us.

Wingnut

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 17, 2020, 08:01:13 PM

Agree totally but we still need to beat them on our own patch. Paid Brighton far too much respect last night, and we got what we deserved from that game.

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 17, 2020, 08:01:13 PM

Better than us? Maybe not, but the ability to get points in tough fixtures and take points at home? I think I have. And now Sheffield 1 up against United......

Sgt Fulham

Burnley really getting the rub of the green past 2 games. Basically been handed 4 points for free. Very frustrating.