more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Penalty

Started by alfie, December 19, 2020, 09:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 19, 2020, 09:40:16 PM
I don't know about the penalty, but the free kicks given away by Robinson and Lemina were utterly disgraceful decisions.
youre so right somerset.
my assesment after seeing it about 5 times is :- yes andersen puts a hand on him, but its a couple of yards from the penalty area. so he then dives and his action of diving he touches andersens foot . i said in a previous post someone somewhere has got to take action on these people behind the scenes and on the scenes (refs linesmen) who are wrecking the game that we all love. jamie redknapp just said as much also.WE CANT ALL BE WRONG.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southdowns White

Four minutes and every angle possible to decide we don't get a pen vs Liverpool, a quick look from a widescreen shot to decide Newcastle do get one. When are we going to get something in our favour? VAR is a joke.

ffc73

If the Brighton goal was disallowed for Welbecks handball on Wednesday why did we not get a penalty at the end when the ball also bounced off the players body & hit the hand. Not saying I agree that either were handball, they weren't in my day, but consistent application of rules?

Woolly Mammoth

It is a very corrupt sport now, and the beautiful game has turned ugly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

karldutton

What an absolute joke. The ref totally gave that point to Newcastle. When Lemina was protesting for the penalty the ref stud right in front of him imitating Lemina putting his hands also to his head. The referee's were definitely against Fulham at all cost. And the linesman had a smile on his face most of of the time. Will definitely capture the moments the referee's were unprofessional and upload it on YouTube.

bobbo

Quote from: karldutton on December 19, 2020, 10:54:59 PM
What an absolute joke. The ref totally gave that point to Newcastle. When Lemina was protesting for the penalty the ref stud right in front of him imitating Lemina putting his hands also to his head. The referee's were definitely against Fulham at all cost. And the linesman had a smile on his face most of of the time. Will definitely capture the moments the referee's were unprofessional and upload it on YouTube.
good lad
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: karldutton on December 19, 2020, 10:54:59 PM

Yes please do, show them up for what they are.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Arthur

If Andersen doesn't foul Wilson, the worst that happens is Newcastle score and we go 11 v 11 for the last half-an-hour, still with a chance to win the game. Instead, whether a penalty or not, Andersen was always going to get at least a second yellow for deliberately impeding Wilson (which may prove to be even more costly in our next fixture than it was tonight).

I think Andersen's been outstanding for us, but let's not kid ourselves: he decided to foul Wilson outside the penalty area because he thought it better than trying to make a legitimate challenge for the ball inside. If cynical acts such as this were to rebound on more defenders, perhaps it would make them think twice in future. And if this were to happen, not only would football be a fairer game for it but there would be less need to call upon the subjective decision-making of a referee.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: FFC73 on December 19, 2020, 10:52:21 PM
If the Brighton goal was disallowed for Welbecks handball on Wednesday why did we not get a penalty at the end when the ball also bounced off the players body & hit the hand. Not saying I agree that either were handball, they weren't in my day, but consistent application of rules?

It is simple. They changed the rules last year to say an attacking team cannot score a goal if the ball strikes their team's hand in the direct build up to the goal. Intent has no bearing.

I was a basketball player once upon a time. If you touched the ball with your foot, play stops and possession is awarded to the other team. Intent does not matter. You don't use your foot in basketball.

Seems football could make this easy. If the ball strikes your hand it is a foul. Just make sure the crime fits the punishment. Every handball in the box does not need to be a pen.