watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burnley 1 up

Started by Fulham 442, December 21, 2020, 06:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fancyfeet4

Its not always who you play, but when you play them.  Wolves go to Burnley after a physical derby and then a win vs Chelsea.  The weather is awful and their next two games are vs Tottenham and United.  Sometimes there are trap games.  I hate that teams dont want to admit it, but as an athlete and a human, emotions and energy level matter.   Its hard to get up for every game and Burnley is a very tough team to play.

FFCAli

FFCAli

And scored.  Come on Wolves!

Fulham 442

Fulham 442

Maidstone Lee

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Woolly Mammoth

Burnley were too good for them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFCAli on December 21, 2020, 07:16:23 PM

I would not be too concerned both Fulham and Burnley, both will finish above at least 3 other teams

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 21, 2020, 07:38:09 PM

I would not be too concerned both Fulham and Burnley, both will finish above at least 3 other teams

Yes,positive outlook👍

fulhamben

so when are we going to start winning games woolly. Two wins in 14 is shocking and nothing but relegation form. We need wins to go with improved performances and we just don't look like getting them.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WindyCity

Quote from: fulhamben on December 21, 2020, 07:40:41 PM
Two wins in 14 is shocking and nothing but relegation form. We need wins to go with improved performances and we just don't look like getting them.

Bingo that!  Need some three pointers to go along with our 'improved' performances!

Denver Fulham

I think we're "better" than at least three other teams, but right now, I only see two I'm pretty sure we'll finish ahead of.

roberto w6

That result was a big blow.
We need to convert our better performances into results and boxing day will be hard but we have to start there.
The name of the game now is to be ruthless

Sgt Fulham

Always felt Burnley would wake up. We need to focus on ourselves.

Maidstone Lee

The needs for a striker that can help us finish games off is becoming urgent.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on December 21, 2020, 07:40:41 PM

so when are we going to start winning games woolly. Two wins in 14 is shocking and nothing but relegation form. We need wins to go with improved performances and we just don't look like getting them.

You are indeed correct Fulhamben, however, we are beginning to show consistency and are now looking difficult to score against in open play.
These are good signs, of course it will be a challenge and no easy task to negotiate a bumpy road full of pot holes and banana skins.
Injuries, suspensions and loss of form permitting we have the ingredients of a decent outfit, providing we obtain a decent striker in the January Window, it is paramount we bring in a forward with pace, a fox in the box kind of player.
In the meantime we have to continue to pick up points, and preferably victories as 3 points is the order of match days, as the closer the season draws to an end draws will not be enough.
As we all know goals change games, and the evidence to date is that we need to score a minimum of 2 per game as the referees union is determined to award penalties against us as often as they can.
But if Burnley can win enough games which I expect them to so can Fulham.
We have enough good men to save matches for us, we just need players that can win matches for us and the jigsaw is complete.
Our concern is that we always seem to have players injured, that is why it is important to get Tete and Kongolo back in the frame, but another striker could be the key to survival.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 21, 2020, 07:40:37 PM

Yes,positive outlook👍
Misguided, he must have been on the vino tonight!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Burnley will not be in the relegation battle after a few more games, so I think we are in trouble!! We needed to beat Brighton (lacklustre performance) and we were unlucky against Newcastle, apart from the Baggies and the Blades who else we might finish above?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Swan

Looks as if Burnley will pull away from the bottom half of the table now. There are on a very good run.
The Swan

Woolly Mammoth

Davew, Anyone from Brighton & Hove Albion, Newcastle United, Crystal Palace and Leeds United to name just 4. Then again somebody else could go into free fall and get involved with the scrap and dog fight which accompanies all relegation battles.
Our target should be to try and finish above Burnley as they are equipped led by their Manager to avoid the trap door, and if they do we will also be safe.
We have to beat Burnley which will be no picnic if we can when we play them shortly, that is a must, and in the meantime pick up points everywhere we go.

Never forget your Roots.