watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If the red card has been rescinded

Started by blingo, December 23, 2020, 12:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Why has the penalty goal not been nullified?

I'm still bloody fuming about it.

Arthur

And you can't work out the answer for yourself?

mrmicawbers

Hopefully referees will think twice before giving a decision against us.They must realise they will be coming under more scrutiny giving dodgy decisions against us.Well this is my hope that things may even out.

blingo

Certainly can but where would we stand legally if we went down because of those two points. We're talking multi millions here, so feel free to enlighten me Arthur.

blingo

Quote from: mrmicawbers on December 23, 2020, 01:24:10 PM
Hopefully referees will think twice before giving a decision against us.They must realise they will be coming under more scrutiny giving dodgy decisions against us.Well this is my hope that things may even out.

Guessing they would say we've had a few in our favour already.

Sting of the North

Has the FA said that the penalty was incorrectly awarded? Otherwise this differs nothing from every football game with decisions that clubs not agree on (which is probably every professional match ever).

I thought they just said the red card was wrong, which doesn't have to have any bearing whatsoever on whether the penalty was correctly awarded (it clearly wasn't, but that is not my point).

filham

Quote from: blingo on December 23, 2020, 12:44:07 PM

You just can't change the result of a match , we all know that.
Be grateful that the red card appeal was successful and that Anderson is not going to miss matches. I wonder who decided to make that appeal, they deserve a vote of thanks. I thought it was a lost cause after the time spent by the ref with VAR.

Fulham1959

Quote from: filham on December 23, 2020, 04:00:39 PM
Quote from: blingo on December 23, 2020, 12:44:07 PM

You just can't change the result of a match , we all know that.
Be grateful that the red card appeal was successful and that Anderson is not going to miss matches. I wonder who decided to make that appeal, they deserve a vote of thanks. I thought it was a lost cause after the time spent by the ref with VAR.

Well said !

FulhamStu

Strange because if they had not changes the decision, we would not have Andersen as minimum he would have got 2 yellows.  So he now can play v Saints whereas if they got it right he would be suspended.  What a farce !

Arthur

Quote from: blingo on December 23, 2020, 01:25:57 PM
Certainly can but where would we stand legally if we went down because of those two points. We're talking multi millions here, so feel free to enlighten me Arthur.

It would seem that my first response has already helped to enlighten you: The question: 'Why has the penalty goal not been nullified?' is very different from that which you are now asking: 'Where would we stand legally if we went down?'

I'm not as certain of the answer to this question as your O.P. so you might want to canvas other opinions. But as you've asked for my mine, I shall summarise in one word: 'Nowhere.'

blingo

Quote from: Arthur on December 23, 2020, 09:53:13 PM
Quote from: blingo on December 23, 2020, 01:25:57 PM

It would seem that my first response has already helped to enlighten you: The question: 'Why has the penalty goal not been nullified?' is very different from that which you are now asking: 'Where would we stand legally if we went down?'

I'm not as certain of the answer to this question as your O.P. so you might want to canvas other opinions. But as you've asked for my mine, I shall summarise in one word: 'Nowhere.'

It was an extension of the obvious Arthur. Nowhere is the obvious answer, but not necessarily the right one.