more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well he set us up for a nil nil and

Started by fulhamben, December 26, 2020, 04:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on December 28, 2020, 04:56:02 PM
Ben thats a offensive  press. The first rule of defending is press,in any language in any coaching manual.So no thats not all it is. As I said you clearly dont get what press is ! Its not about about winning the ball back necessarily but about squeezing the space in which the opponent has to play thus cutting out their options to find space as well as reducing the quality of their play ,forcing them to play from side to side . You watch the replay and youll see how many times leicester played sideways!!
what you talking about. We sat off Leicester and just kept 11 behind the ball.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

I had a go  but have now given up trying to explain that one! Football is abit more complicated than that Im afraid .

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on December 28, 2020, 05:02:49 PM
I had a go  but have now given up trying to explain that one! Football is abit more complicated than that Im afraid .
you didn't have a go. You are making out that us sitting off Leicester is classed a press. So you either didn't watch the game or don't know what you are talking about. We did not press against Leicester. Watch the replay.

fulhamben

colinwhite

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on December 28, 2020, 05:10:17 PM
well done Ben ,you know best.
well I know what the press means and I know how we played against Leicester. Clearly both of which you don't. But I'm happy you agree that cav and roc aren't good enough, and I agree bobby should be pushed up instead of cav. But I wouldn't persist with rlc untill we get a replacement. Mitro or Cairney are both improvements.

colinwhite

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on December 28, 2020, 05:17:39 PM
give me strength.

im just agreeing with you, why do you need strength for that

clarkey

Find it unbelievable that football fans can watch the game and praise Parker if we get a clean sheet but do not criticise if we fail to score ourselves.
Fulham Ben is spot on, the set u[ of the team does not suit the squad. He is using a utility player as a central striker and is surprised he does not get goals. Cav has not scored from open play in over a year. It would be better playing any member of the squad other than him statistically.

The team was set up defensively. I hope we all agree with that. If we keep drawing we go down. We need to beat teams at home like Brighton.The Saints result was OK in isolation but not when you take our status into account. We need 3 pts from our home games. Otherwise we will stay put in the zone.

All the team needs is a tweak here and there, the basic squad is good and we have strength in depth but this manager is very inexperienced and needs someone to give him direction.

Without fans jeering at Cav he continues to pick him. This is a big mistake.He also persists with RLC when it can do no harm at all picking Cairney who has the ability to unlock defences or score himself as we have already seen.He dropped Tom when he was in his best form for a while.He also needs to be more proactive with subbing players, react faster and use the strength of the squad to manage the incredibly heavy schedule.

So if you think everything good is Parker's doing and everything bad is just bad luck, have a look at how top managers handle these situations: and it is not like Parker. Why for example does he have Cav taking corners and free kicks when he is useless at it. Why are our attacking options so limited ? Why do tired players not get subbed as soon as their legs go ? Still odd stuff going on.Why did Hector rather than Ream come on as sub v Brighton when Ream has been ahead of Hector in the pecking order-what changed ?

So to be positive, we have good players just play them ! And the worse players, stop playing them. Adapt the system slightly, cut your cloth from the material available, we are not signing the anyone expensive or the next Marco van Basten this transfer window.He should try starting Kamara if Mitro is not fit, at least Kamara scored once upon a time. Cav never.