News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ho Ho Ho... We're The Dirtiest Team In Premier.

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 27, 2020, 09:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Fouls this season.
Fulham 195
Soton 186
Spurs 178
Brighton 175
Wolves 174
Palace 173

Proves I think that we're not a push over anymore,and we're fighting for the cause..Coyw.

Bassey the warrior

How many of those were fair tackles incorrectly flagged as fouls? At least 3 fair tackles against Newcastle were given as fouls.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 27, 2020, 09:54:47 AM
How many of those were fair tackles incorrectly flagged as fouls? At least 3 fair tackles against Newcastle were given as fouls.

That's true.

Slaphead in Qatar

We don't seem dirty when you watch us. But the stats don't lie.

Baszab

Or it shows the refs are bloody useless - or something else more sinister

colinwhite

My interpretation of those stats is that referees never have any problems giving fouls against us !

SP

Presumably, this includes opposition throwing themselves to the the ground when there's minimal or no contact?

SG

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 27, 2020, 09:54:47 AM
Same goes for yesterday as well

Whitestone

It shows that we're competitive rather than dirty.

Fulham Tup North

We need to show fight in every game..... teams will know that they cannot simply bully us off of the ball.
We will need that commitment towards the end of the season...
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Baszab on December 27, 2020, 10:08:58 AM
Quote from: Baszab on December 27, 2020, 10:08:58 AM

I'd think every fan of every club thinks the same.

deadcowboys

The stats themselves tell you very little. We are penalised a lot during tussles for the ball (Mitro comes to mind) rather than a thumping foul like some teams are comfortable with. It's where we miss Stephjo a lot i think.

Sgt Fulham

We have been a much more fiesty team since Parker took charge, I like it. We're not dirty though, there's a difference.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Whitestone on December 27, 2020, 11:11:29 AM
It shows that we're competitive rather than dirty.
:plus one:  I thought that when we won promotion Scott Parker's priority would be to make us hard to beat.   That didn't happen early on but things have changed.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Arthur

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 27, 2020, 11:22:42 AM
We need to show fight in every game..... teams will know that they cannot simply bully us off of the ball.
COYW

We do.

But a good number of the free-kicks we concede show, in my opinion, a lack of savviness - players making a challenge when the opponent has put himself between our man and the ball so that even if our player gets a foot to it, the opponent will also tumble in the process and, most times, the referee will award a free-kick.

I Ronic

Listening to GJ yesterday, he.felt opposition players couldn't wait to throw themselves to the ground.

filham

Not proud of that stat and don't think we actually benefit from those fouls, a lot of them are misplaced tackles that give our opponents an advantage.
Hard to believe when you see that some of our players actually seem to be targetted for rough play. Yesterday Lookman was subjected to a lot of rough treatment from Southampton players.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Arthur on December 27, 2020, 12:10:57 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 27, 2020, 11:22:42 AM
COYW

We do.

But a good number of the free-kicks we concede show, in my opinion, a lack of savviness - players making a challenge when the opponent has put himself between our man and the ball so that even if our player gets a foot to it, the opponent will also tumble in the process and, most times, the referee will award a free-kick.

Agreed. Cav is doing this time and again too close to our penalty area. The same with Reed. But it's a fine line to balance when trying to win the ball. Look at Anguissa instead, almost never causes any free kicks in dangerous areas. Or at least that's my feeling, haven't checked any stats.

rebel

When we played Villa how often did Grealish check the length of a blade of grass?

Professional fouls (taking one for the team) are expected. Once we settle down and get a better understanding, they will reduce.

cottage expat

Number of red cards is a better indicator of a dirty team. Number of fouls alone doesn't tell, the story.