https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

***SAM*** Allydace Distraction?

Started by rebel, December 30, 2020, 12:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage expat

Quote from: Arthur on December 30, 2020, 01:08:23 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on December 30, 2020, 12:40:38 PM
Bound to think that, since he never said anything before that game.
A break would give him time to spend with his  squad to implement his ideas.
But other managers saying the same thing  too, so this could happen i suppose.

Maybe I'm selfish, but I hope the season can continue. Not much point in a break - who knows when   football would return.
I just hope   clubs can  keep the  positive tests down, or it will have to happen.
The lower leagues, who can't afford the regular testing of Prem  and Championship clubs,  definitely look threatened.

To me, it's a plus in society's  fight against the  virus -  a bit of normality in our lives, and escapism (!),  if we can keep football going, if at all possible. Games don't present  much danger to society as a whole, the way games are played  at present.

I agree, Ray.

I saw, in one report, Alladyce citing concerns about his own health as one of the reasons for needing a break. A bit rich, that. It's not as if he had to accept West Brom because he's poverty stricken. He has clearly taken on the job because, in spite of his age, he wants to. That's his choice. Having done so, however, it strikes me as somewhat selfish that he thinks his wants (to be the new West Brom manager and yet have football suspended because of his age) are more important than those of the millions of football fans who want to watch their team play. The phrase that comes to mind is 'wanting to have his cake and eat it'.

That phrase is particularly apt for Sam !

SP

Quote from: Pluto on December 30, 2020, 03:43:34 PM
Break or no break he's not keeping that team up. They are atrocious.

Despite achieving promotion, they were no great shakes last season.  Like us, they desperately needed reinforcements this season to replace their Championship spine.

Twig

Quote from: Whitestone on December 30, 2020, 12:15:42 PM
I can understand why some may think that but I believe he was being quite sincere. I think he's right too.

I tend to agree.

Statto

Maybe I'm selfish, but I hope the season can continue. Not much point in a break - who knows when   football would return.
I just hope   clubs can  keep the  positive tests down, or it will have to happen.
The lower leagues, who can't afford the regular testing of Prem  and Championship clubs,  definitely look threatened.

To me, it's a plus in society's  fight against the  virus -  a bit of normality in our lives, and escapism (!),  if we can keep football going, if at all possible. Games don't present  much danger to society as a whole, the way games are played  at present.

I agree, Ray.

I saw, in one report, Alladyce citing concerns about his own health as one of the reasons for needing a break. A bit rich, that. It's not as if he had to accept West Brom because he's poverty stricken. He has clearly taken on the job because, in spite of his age, he wants to. That's his choice. Having done so, however, it strikes me as somewhat selfish that he thinks his wants (to be the new West Brom manager and yet have football suspended because of his age) are more important than those of the millions of football fans who want to watch their team play. The phrase that comes to mind is 'wanting to have his cake and eat it'.

Agree

In football you have generally young/healthy people, relatively low infection rates, and frequent testing. All in all, they're far safer than the rest of us, so as long as nurses, police and bus drivers are still having to go to work, so should footballers IMO..

rebel

The Premier League has stated, they are not considering a break at this moment in time. Not in their plans.

toshes mate

I agree, Ray.

I agree with these POVs.  Sam Allardyce is entitled to voice his opinion and will do so at every opportunity but it doesn't mean we should give creedence to what he says.

The Old Count

It's an inevitability that governments, institutions, individuals et all will use Covid to further their own agenda.

rebel

The increase in cases is simply because people has stopped following 'good practices', mixed messages from the Government. Messages like eluding to 'the end of the pandemic is near'. The vaccine should have been introduced as low profile as possible, the 'good practices' should have been highlighted more and more.     

toshes mate

How many times in his sixty six years has Allardyce's body faced a viral infection?  Nobody knows the answer to that and forensically speaking the evidence would contain large numbers of ifs, buts, and maybes.  Has "Super Sam Bionic Man" ever got so nervous about an opponent before SARS-CoV-2 came along?     

rebel

He knew before he took the job that it could / would be an issue because of his age, it's not like 'Covid' arrived yesterday.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Old Count on December 31, 2020, 10:54:28 AM
It's an inevitability that governments, institutions, individuals et all will use Covid to further their own agenda.
:plus one: The plain, unvarnished, simple truth.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.