watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

***SAM*** Allydace Distraction?

Started by rebel, December 30, 2020, 12:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

He wants a 'break in the season now', anyone think that his comments were made because of the 'drubbing' his team got?

Whitestone

I can understand why some may think that but I believe he was being quite sincere. I think he's right too.

Bocanegra

Obviously benefits his team more than most but I don't think it is a complete knee jerk reaction from him. As much as I hate his football style I don't really mind the man himself.

Slaphead in Qatar

Did you see the West Brom own goal last night.  :005:  ?

Enfield

RaySmith

Bound to think that, since he never said anything before that game.
A break would give him time to spend with his  squad to implement his ideas.
But other managers saying the same thing  too, so this could happen i suppose.

Maybe I'm selfish, but I hope the season can continue. Not much point in a break - who knows when   football would return.
I just hope   clubs can  keep the  positive tests down, or it will have to happen.
The lower leagues, who can't afford the regular testing of Prem  and Championship clubs,  definitely look threatened.

To me, it's a plus in society's  fight against the  virus -  a bit of normality in our lives, and escapism (!),  if we can keep football going, if at all possible. Games don't present  much danger to society as a whole, the way games are played  at present.

FFC1987

I think he he probably wants more time to get the team prepared to how he plays but also, is probably a bit wary of Covid so he'll certainly play on it to get more time with the team.

rebel

rebel

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 30, 2020, 12:26:13 PM

No, but I'll take a look.

gang

Quote from: rebel on December 30, 2020, 01:00:43 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 30, 2020, 12:26:13 PM

No, but I'll take a look.

It's a shame the player didn't.

Arthur

Quote from: RaySmith on December 30, 2020, 12:40:38 PM

Maybe I'm selfish, but I hope the season can continue. Not much point in a break - who knows when   football would return.
I just hope   clubs can  keep the  positive tests down, or it will have to happen.
The lower leagues, who can't afford the regular testing of Prem  and Championship clubs,  definitely look threatened.

To me, it's a plus in society's  fight against the  virus -  a bit of normality in our lives, and escapism (!),  if we can keep football going, if at all possible. Games don't present  much danger to society as a whole, the way games are played  at present.

I agree, Ray.

I saw, in one report, Alladyce citing concerns about his own health as one of the reasons for needing a break. A bit rich, that. It's not as if he had to accept West Brom because he's poverty stricken. He has clearly taken on the job because, in spite of his age, he wants to. That's his choice. Having done so, however, it strikes me as somewhat selfish that he thinks his wants (to be the new West Brom manager and yet have football suspended because of his age) are more important than those of the millions of football fans who want to watch their team play. The phrase that comes to mind is 'wanting to have his cake and eat it'.

RaySmith

Yes Arthur - it does seem odd that he took the job and never said anything, until after West brom had been hammered.

Neil D

I don't have a particular antipathy towards WBA.  I want them to lose because there need to be three worse teams in the PL than us and they are in the frame.  However, the appointment of Allardyce has certainly made me a more enthusiastic supporter of their relegation.

rebel

rebel

Quote from: Arthur on December 30, 2020, 01:08:23 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on December 30, 2020, 12:40:38 PM

I agree, Ray.

I saw, in one report, Alladyce citing concerns about his own health as one of the reasons for needing a break. A bit rich, that. It's not as if he had to accept West Brom because he's poverty stricken. He has clearly taken on the job because, in spite of his age, he wants to. That's his choice. Having done so, however, it strikes me as somewhat selfish that he thinks his wants (to be the new West Brom manager and yet have football suspended because of his age) are more important than those of the millions of football fans who want to watch their team play. The phrase that comes to mind is 'wanting to have his cake and eat it'.

Agree 100%, I think if they had won 5 - 0, them it wouldn't have been an issue.

KJS

Surely if Allardyce is genuinely that worried about the covid situation he wouldn't have taken a job in football until its sorted🙄🙄🙄

Enfield

Quote from: rebel on December 30, 2020, 12:59:26 PM
Quote from: Enfield on December 30, 2020, 12:34:47 PM
Is Frank related to Sam ?

Yes, distant cousin. lol

Thought so, and they also have a distant uncle , Sam Lampard .

Pluto

Break or no break he's not keeping that team up. They are atrocious.

perry geyton

If they'd of thrashed Leeds He wouldn't be saying it

Can't wait to see him finally get relegated

filham

Covid on the increase nationally and a severe strict Lockdown is now needed, football should be part of this.