https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs Games off ..

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, December 30, 2020, 12:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimOG

Quote from: Abbotsbury White on December 30, 2020, 03:09:38 PM
OFF
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12174960/tottenham-vs-fulham-premier-league-match-postponed-due-to-covid-19-cases-at-west-london-club

Whilst I'm sorry for our squad members with Covid I can't help but be relieved at this cancellation. Burnley Sunday is a game we need to be fresh for and then, using our reserves for QPR game, we can have a break before the Chelsea game. Hopefully by the time we face Spurs we'll have added a strike force to a very decent defence + midfield

SouthIslandWhite

There is only one Fulham Football Club.

G_Gribby

Evening Standard also say so.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

FFC In Oz

Hey fellow FFC fans,

Living over in Oz I don't get to quite keep up with the news as readily available as it is over in the UK.

Can someone tell me what the process is now?  Are the lads who returned positive tests being tested every day whilst they're in isolation - and only once that positive number drops will future games go ahead?

Denzil Dexter

Ralph Hasenhuttl missed the last game as he had a positive test.   Probably just a coincidence but he was in the dugout against us. Hope all have a speedy recovery.

WhiteJC

Spurs v Fulham match postponed

Wednesday's match off after Premier League Board meeting following rise in positive COVID-19 cases at Fulham

The match between Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham, due to be played at 18:00 GMT this evening, has been postponed following a Premier League Board meeting this afternoon.

Fulham lodged a request with the Premier League Board to rearrange the fixture following a significant rise in positive COVID-19 cases, as well as a number of players showing symptoms today.

The Premier League Board has consulted its medical advisors and the decision to postpone the game has been taken as a precaution and with the health of players and staff as the priority. The group will now be retested immediately.

With low numbers of positive tests across the overwhelming majority of clubs, the Premier League continues to have full confidence in its COVID-19 protocols and being able to continue to play our fixtures as scheduled.

The League wishes those with COVID-19 a safe and speedy recovery and will rearrange the postponed fixture between Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham in due course.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1960098

70sPimlico

Quote from: JimOG on December 30, 2020, 03:13:42 PM
Quote from: Abbotsbury White on December 30, 2020, 03:09:38 PM
OFF
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12174960/tottenham-vs-fulham-premier-league-match-postponed-due-to-covid-19-cases-at-west-london-club

Whilst I'm sorry for our squad members with Covid I can't help but be relieved at this cancellation. Burnley Sunday is a game we need to be fresh for and then, using our reserves for QPR game, we can have a break before the Chelsea game. Hopefully by the time we face Spurs we'll have added a strike force to a very decent defence + midfield

Sort of thing I was thinking as a fan but then considered that many of our squad now have a pretty nasty virus. I just hope that they get through it without symptoms, although just read that some more players are showing signs. Hopefully two weeks off and all players, staff and families get through the next couple of weeks fighting fit

clarkey

Real shame got postponed. Sorry about the Covid BUT Spurs are in a trough of bad form and we had an extra precious hours to recover from the weekend fixtures.
Just our luck, they will be banging them in again by the time this isplayed. Makes failing to score v Saints and Brighton all the more galling. We needed to win one of those.

Onwards !

Pieter A’dam

Quote from: andyk on December 30, 2020, 03:11:12 PM
Burnley game has to be in doubt.  This sounds like a significant cluster .
Wishing all a speedy recovery.
we need a full and fit squad for that fixture

Woolly Mammoth

Yes this is a big disappointment, but the welfare of the players comes first and foremost.
Think of the positive side, when we play them in a rescheduled fixture, we should be strengthened with two new signings. A striker and a right winger both with pace, and a fit Tete and not forgetting Josh Onomah who by then will be busting a gut to get back in the squad.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Sgt Fulham

Correct decision. Regardless of the implications on the pitch the health and safety of our players and the opposition must be a priority. Not every young, fit athlete breezes through this disease. It affects people differently, some very severely, and there is sometimes no rhyme or reason to it.

Finnans Right Peg

Wonder if any players broke protcols over Christmas or was it a family member who gave it to one player who then passed it on .

Also the Southampton manager had a positive test after our game I wonder did he pass it on .

Twig

If some of our players with Covid suffer bad symptoms they could be out for weeks (as at Newcastle for example). Our over in some positions is weak, it's potentially a major problem for us.

AnOldBrownie

Even if Fulham don't play for two weeks wouldn't that essentially mean we'll be, at worst, two games behind everyone else?

No problem with this weeks "games" being cancelled.   Players need to feel/be safe.

I'll just re watch older matches for the next 10 days.

Sure would be nice if FFCTV still had the 16/17 season still available on 90 minutes.  :012:

Asotosyios

Assuming that either Spurs or us qualify for the 5th round of the FA Cup, the earliest available date for the postponed match will be March 2 or 3.

If the game against Burnely is postponed, we could potentially play them on February 16 or 17. From January 20th till the middle of March, we will be playing two games a week depending on how we do on the cup.