watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team to travel to Burnley.

Started by Baston White, January 01, 2021, 03:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baston White

Team tested again today - results due tomorrow.
Game still in doubt.

WhiteJC

surely some of the team can't have trained with the others, so set pieces could be interesting, both defending and taking?

fulhamben

Quote from: whitejc on January 01, 2021, 03:18:24 PM
surely some of the team can't have trained with the others, so set pieces could be interesting, both defending and taking?
this is my worry. If game goes ahead we will be severely weakened .
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Baston White

Players who proved positive are still in isolation in line with government protocols.
Could be we will have to field a weakened team with fewer subs.

fulhamben

Quote from: Baston White on January 01, 2021, 03:30:06 PM
Players who proved positive are still in isolation in line with government protocols.

cant we call up some of the 23s. I'd like to see jasper tiehi and cav called up.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: fulhamben on January 01, 2021, 03:31:59 PM
Quote from: Baston White on January 01, 2021, 03:30:06 PM

cant we call up some of the 23s. I'd like to see jasper tiehi and cav called up.

All three would be great, perhaps even start one of them - especially Cav. No fear in that lad and he's built well for a physical game.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bog

Quote from: fulhamben on January 01, 2021, 03:29:56 PM

+1

Statto

Quote from: bog on January 01, 2021, 04:28:48 PM

+1

Yep sounds like we're getting screwed here

If there are any more positive tests we should conceal them. Firstly so the affected players can still play. Secondly to spread the virus to the Burnley players so they have the same problem to deal with next week.

ffc73

Whether we like it or not we have squad of 25 players before we start adding in the u23 players.  If the money & tv people get their way then the Burnley game goes ahead.

Parker, again, talks sense in his pre-match interview but I fear that the game has long ago lost any integrity &/or knowledge of 'doing the right thing'.

Woolly Mammoth

I share your concerns, but it is what it is. So we face the challenge with 11 good men whoever they are plus whoever can make the bench. We may find one or two of the U/23s can influence and have a positive impact on the game, the enthusiasm of youth etc, and all we have to do is defend it and score at least one goal. It will be a test to see how mentally strong the 11 that will take the field of play. It is going to happen sometime, and the rest of the squad who normally sit on the bench may be called into action and will do their best to not let the team down.
That is the challenge and if we have to meet it, then let us brace ourselves and play without fear.
I hope we do play Burnley as I hold no fear of them, it will separate the men from boys.   
If the game goes ahead fulhamben you must promise me you will have a good nights sleep tomorrow.
If we are going to stay up we need to win these kind of games, at the very least come away with a point, Fulham have to earn their membership of this League, we cannot dwell on worrying about who may not play, we have to concern ourselves on who will play and ensure they give it their best shot, and we should have the strength in depth, that is why we have a squad.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

At least we're playing Burnley and not one of the top of the table in form sides - wouldn't like to be facing Man U or Everton away with a depleted team

JoelH5

If this goes ahead we've been absolutely shafted. Forced to field a weakened team in a massive game. Fcuk the PL. Once again we get done over.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JoelH5

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 01, 2021, 05:00:22 PM
At least were playing Burnley and not one of the top of the table in form sides - wouldn't like to be facing Man U or Everton away with a depleted team

That would be much better as although the GD may take a bit, we'd not be expecting any points in reality. This is a 6 pointer. A game that really matters
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Asotosyios

Manchester City are without 5 players for their game against Chelsea, so perhaps something similar will happen with us.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

fulhamben

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 01, 2021, 05:00:31 PM
If this goes ahead we've been absolutely shafted. Forced to field a weakened team in a massive game. Fcuk the PL. Once again we get done over.
not sure its the prems fault. we were lucky to get the spurs game postponed

Finnans Right Peg

Not sure how it works but are the lads that wer out. Of the 25 man squad allowed back in now its January or how does it work so could we now use stef jo and kev mac and josh if fit

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 01, 2021, 05:22:13 PM
Not sure how it works but are the lads that wer out. Of the 25 man squad allowed back in now its January or how does it work so could we now use stef jo and kev mac and josh if fit

This is a really important question if the rumors about who has been affected are true. We don't have a central midfield and these three could be very important.

ffcne

Think it was 1951 we last won at Turf Moor 30 odd games league and cups also very few draws.
My first trip 1972 1-1.
Been half a dozen times since all lost,

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 01, 2021, 06:12:09 PM
Any rumours???
Game on or off???
heres scott press conference from earlier. judging by it, as long as we have 14 players then its on. so i pressume it all depends on the latest testing
https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/january/Pre-Burnley-Press-Conference/