Maidstone Lee

Providing everyone's fit and recovered from COVID, I'd go with this;

Areola

Aina Andersen Adarabioyo

Tete                                     Robinson

Anguissa Lemina

Kebano                                 Lookman

Reid

With the return of Tete, I'd push Bobby Reid up front. He's in good form and clearly high on confidence. Normally I'd put Mitro up top but he is so out of form. A good plan B option off the bench though. I think our back 5 picks itself and midfield 2 of Anguissa and Lemina. Lookman on the left as always and I've gone for Kebano on the right. I believe he is more direct then Cav and not afraid to get a shot away. Would like to see us strengthen this window with a new Centre Forward and Right Winger. We have the makings of a solid Premier League team just a couple of pieces missing.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Woolly Mammoth

It's a mobile line up with a physical presence in midfield and at the back. We have pace on the wings and Bobby leading the line who will be busy and has an eye for goal.
Under the current circumstances that is about as good a starting line up we could produce, injuries, COVID and match fitness permitting.
Then as back up on the bench I would assume would come from players including Rodak, Reed, Bryan, Cairney, Mitro, Cav, Onomah, Hector, Ream, Odoi and Kamara assuming all are well. I hope I have not left anybody out, so we can have a plan A and a Plan B.
As we know RLC is unavailable.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on January 10, 2021, 11:32:57 AM

Areola

Aina Andersen Adarabioyo

Anguissa Lemina

Reid

With the return of Tete, I'd push Bobby Reid up front. He's in good form and clearly high on confidence. Normally I'd put Mitro up top but he is so out of form. A good plan B option off the bench though. I think our back 5 picks itself and midfield 2 of Anguissa and Lemina. Lookman on the left as always and I've gone for Kebano on the right. I believe he is more direct then Cav and not afraid to get a shot away. Would like to see us strengthen this window with a new Centre Forward and Right Winger. We have the makings of a solid Premier League team just a couple of pieces missing.

I guess that is you line up of choice but I cannot imagine will play that team. I believe parjker will start RLC and Cav and Kebs will be relegated to the bench. I suspect tete may not start just because of lack of fitness so Reid reverts to RB. kebs might get a look in if lookman had been subject to covid in the last few days.

What we do not know is who had covid but i suspect lookers and TC did or they would have taken some part yesterday. if those two are unavaible then

Whitestone

With RLC out against his parent club I guess Cairney will slot in there if available for selection.  I understand there will be calls for Kebano after yesterday. However, in more than four years at Fulham he hasn't shown the sort of consistency that warrants a starting place, particularly at Premier League level. A good option from the bench though. Until we bring in the much needed forwards I think we should stick largely to the recent starting 11 where possible.

fulhamben

Quote from: Whitestone on January 10, 2021, 12:40:14 PM
With RLC out against his parent club I guess Cairney will slot in there if available for selection.  I understand there will be calls for Kebano after yesterday. However, in more than four years at Fulham he hasn't shown the sort of consistency that warrants a starting place, particularly at Premier League level. A good option from the bench though. Until we bring in the much needed forwards I think we should stick largely to the recent starting 11 where possible.
how can you show consistency when you are never given a run of games. He would have done better than cav has for us if he were given the same amount of chances, of that in certain.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Areola

Aina Andersen Adarabioyo

Anguissa Lemina

Reid

the only problem i have with this, is that we have seen bobby play as a lone striker lots of times before, and against weaker opposition than chelsea and he didnt look very good in that position. it also takes away from what he has been doing very well of late and thats arriving late down the right hand side to recieve the ball and score. as well as kebano has done, imo it makes a lot more sense to play bobby in that position. kebano for me would be the first sub to come on come what may. id also start mitro up top as he is just far more likely to do something than cav, especially with tete getting some crosses in

Statto

Areola

Aina Andersen Adarabioyo

Anguissa Lemina

Reid                                 Lookman

Cavaleiro

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on January 10, 2021, 02:40:12 PM
                     Areola

Aina Andersen Adarabioyo

Anguissa Lemina

Cavaleiro

just why statto. how can you seriously want cav up top

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2021, 02:41:54 PM
                     Areola

Aina Andersen Adarabioyo

Anguissa Lemina

Cavaleiro

Mainly to wind you up mate
086.gif :005:

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on January 10, 2021, 02:43:08 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2021, 02:41:54 PM
                     Areola

Aina Andersen Adarabioyo

Anguissa Lemina

Cavaleiro

Mainly to wind you up mate
086.gif :005:
:005: well it worked. surely you must be ready to try something else though

bencher

Just pausing to dwell on the fact that our best 11 has barely a sniff from the squad that played last season. I don't think too many of us would have predicted that Decordova-Reid would be one of the first names on the teamsheet. Have to give credit to the lad.

fulhamben

Quote from: bencher on January 10, 2021, 02:45:35 PM
Just pausing to dwell on the fact that our best 11 has barely a sniff from the squad that played last season. I don't think too many of us would have predicted that Decordova-Reid would be one of the first names on the teamsheet. Have to give credit to the lad.
exactly that. it wasnt working for him in front of goal last season, but hes knuckled down, worked hard and both he and us are reaping the rewards. hes the player you want the ball to fall to in the box now isnt he.

Moltobueno

Hopefully Zambo and Lemina are fit (Covid)

fulhamben

Quote from: Moltobueno on January 10, 2021, 04:32:18 PM
Hopefully Zambo and Lemina are fit (Covid)
knowing our luck they wont be. we always have big players missing through injury or suspension when we play chelsea

Tempest

I'd have gone with a thread name of Team for Frank's last game in charge of Chelsea, as a defeat against us, not impossible,  think it could be his last.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

G_Gribby

Maybe should we start to include the bench in this discussions?
Replacement in the right moment could be as vital.
Team includes the bench.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

davew

Nobody so far has suggested Mitro, how times have changed!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

RaySmith

Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2021, 02:36:03 PM

Areola

Aina Andersen Adarabioyo

Anguissa Lemina

Reid

the only problem i have with this, is that we have seen bobby play as a lone striker lots of times before, and against weaker opposition than chelsea and he didnt look very good in that position. it also takes away from what he has been doing very well of late and thats arriving late down the right hand side to recieve the ball and score. as well as kebano has done, imo it makes a lot more sense to play bobby in that position. kebano for me would be the first sub to come on come what may. id also start mitro up top as he is just far more likely to do something than cav, especially with tete getting some crosses in

I agree that Reid isn't the one to lead the line, and is better coming from further back, where he can score from  those long range efforts.

Mitro or Cav up front then?

WEll, I might go with Cav, who had shown he can get on the end of chances recently, but has   failed to convert. I feel that his luck could  change, and he could  start scoring.
But he also does a lot of work all over the pitch, especially  helping out in defence, and Scott has preferred him over Mitro for his mobility and pace.  for our counter attacking  style.

I don't think Mitro  doesn't care or whatever - the ball just  isn't falling for him. and he's maybe lost a bit of confidence, but we know he can score, and could well do  against Chelsea whether he  starts or comes off the bench.

Scott's the one who has to make these decisions, depending on how he wants the team to play.
Mitro did well to play the whole game plus extra time yesterday, proving his fitness, and he had a crucial assist. Maybe Reid could play off him, coming from behind to pick up lay-offs.

But I'll get behind whoever plays.

filham

I assume RLC is unable to play against his old club and I really think that it time to leave Cav. out of the starting line up as I just can't see him hitting the net.
We have now played three 90 minute spells without scoring so our two extra time scorers have to be given consideration. However I still feel that the player most likely to get a goal for us is the out of form Mitro ,so I would start with him up top.

Areola
                                                    Aina          Anderson      Adarabioya         

Tete                      Lemina          Anguissa             Robinson

Reid                         Mitro                   Lookman

If things are not looking good up top by half time then Kebano to be bought on .

Denver Fulham

Areola

Aina Andersen Adarabioyo

Anguissa Lemina

Reid

I'd guess this but with Onomah instead of Kebano, with Bobby on the right