watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ten games in a month!

Started by Southdowns White, January 12, 2021, 08:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

If we beat Burnley in the next round of the cup we will play 10 games between the 13th January and 13th February, There will need to be some squad rotation even for some of the league games. Fatigue and injuries is a real danger that could weaken the lesser teams and favour the bigger teams with their depth of talent.
It's just a pity we don't know ( beyond the first four) which channel they will be shown on tv yet, this could help with planning financially. Of the next five games, Tottenham 13th is on Amazon, Chelsea 16th Sky,  Man U 20th BT sport, Burnley 23rd should be BBC, and Brighton 26th is on BT sport. After that there are no listings I can find.

sunburywhite

Whilst football is the opium of the masses and I believe the government wants to keep it going to aid as a distraction to all going on around us, I do feel though that we could be soon in for a break from it unless numbers fall so 10 games in 30 days may not be an issue

When you have scenes of players (understandably) celebrating in their dressing room with all social distancing rules not being observed, players having parties and mates over, clubs like Celtic going to Dubai for "performance training" , crowds of people at Marine outside the ground, then there could well be sufficient grounds to close football down for a while

Anything below Scottish Premiership is suspended, Australian and Chinese Grand Prix postponed, Heineken Rugby Union Champions Cup and European Challenge Cup suspended temporarily, so I can see it coming in here very soon
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

rebel

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 12, 2021, 09:38:24 AM
Whilst football is the opium of the masses and I believe the government wants to keep it going to aid as a distraction to all going on around us, I do feel though that we could be soon in for a break from it unless numbers fall so 10 games in 30 days may not be an issue

When you have scenes of players (understandably) celebrating in their dressing room with all social distancing rules not being observed, players having parties and mates over, clubs like Celtic going to Dubai for "performance training" , crowds of people at Marine outside the ground, then there could well be sufficient grounds to close football down for a while

Anything below Scottish Premiership is suspended, Australian and Chinese Grand Prix postponed, Heineken Rugby Union Champions Cup and European Challenge Cup suspended temporarily, so I can see it coming in here very soon

The thing is, it's the minority, as far as we know. The Government can't control what happens in other countries (Admin is monitoring my ever move, 24/7 surveillance). Teams agreed before the season started that they would have to be flexible, so no complaints.   

filham

Thanks for this information Southdowns White, I am finding it difficult to keep up with the continual changes to our fixtures.
We do not know the dates for the cup ties yet, I wonder when they will be announced and if they will get it right first time.

It is certainly a crowded fixture list for January and Parker has to be sure to have his best players fit for those important Premier League games.
However I think we have a large squad and can field a virtual 2nd team for the cup ties.

Johanson, MacDonald, Kamara. Odoi, Rodac, Bryan, Kebano, Onomah and Hector are all capable players  that have not been used a lot this season and must be crying out for game time.

Dodger53

I see that the whole squad can play in the Premier league during the transfer window not just the named 25 so that will help.

rebel

Quote from: Dodger53 on January 12, 2021, 11:34:17 AM
I see that the whole squad can play in the Premier league during the transfer window not just the named 25 so that will help.

The '25 named' is a stupid Rule, simply because you could ask the Premier League permission in extenuating circumstances to play players outside of the '25 named' players.

rebel

Quote from: filham on January 12, 2021, 10:54:51 AM
Thanks for this information Southdowns White, I am finding it difficult to keep up with the continual changes to our fixtures.
We do not know the dates for the cup ties yet, I wonder when they will be announced and if they will get it right first time.

It is certainly a crowded fixture list for January and Parker has to be sure to have his best players fit for those important Premier League games.
However I think we have a large squad and can field a virtual 2nd team for the cup ties.

Johanson, MacDonald, Kamara. Odoi, Rodac, Bryan, Kebano, Onomah and Hector are all capable players  that have not been used a lot this season and must be crying out for game time.

Just follow the 'Fulham Updated Fixture Thread'.