watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RLC was better today

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 13, 2021, 10:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

But he's shown that he can do things  others can't.

I think these moments are becoming more frequent and showing the thoroughbred player  there, which we are  starting to get.

OtherHodgson

Hope you are right. If SP is going to (or has too per the loan) play him this much we need greater productivity. 

COYW!

colinwhite

Quote from: NewYorkYank on January 13, 2021, 11:09:19 PM
I don't see what those on this thread see.  To say he played better (which he did) is to damn him with faint praise.  For all the stick Cairney gets, he has a set of skills that are useful to the team (close control, quick passing, keeps possession).  In contrast, I cannot identify what L-C brings, apart from his reputation and an occasional run that invariably results in a disappointing finish. If the complaint against Cairney is his defense (assuming that it is as important in a forward role as it was when he was deeper at the start of the season), how is L-C an improvement? At the end of the game, he was literally strolling around the field when Fulham was protecting the draw.  If the complaint is that Cairney makes the easy pass, identify one pass by L-C that has been progressive, bar one cross when he was in acres of space.  L-C is weak in the air, particularly for someone as big as he is; that pathetic header deep in the Fulham half today almost cost Fulham a goal.  I suspect if L-C were a Romanian international rather than English, he would get half the respect he gets on this board.  He has had plenty of opportunity to get his bearings or get in shape.  What you see is what you are probably getting.  Initially, I was as excited as the next guy when he was signed, but today I was thrilled to see Onomah.

Last night he was excellent and drove forward with the ball. It was the LRC of old completely and he showed he can get back to that.

rebel

For me, he's still too static at times, at times he's behind the play, maybe it will take more time

toshes mate

The whole side is getting better and we can now consider ourselves to look like a team that can climb the table and finish in a respectable place.  Arguably the best performance of the season after Leicester.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: rebel on January 14, 2021, 07:43:26 AM
For me, he's still too static at times, at times he's behind the play, maybe it will take more time

I think with RLC it's just taking time to adapt to:

1) his new team mates and being aware of their running patterns
2) playing an unfamiliar tactical shape

There were great signs that he was getting in the gaps between the Spurs defence & midfield and starting to look threatening.

Was unlucky with his attempt in the first half, and maybe would have scored in the second if Lookman's ball wasn't slightly overhit