more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It would be criminal

Started by perry geyton, January 14, 2021, 04:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

If this team got relegated

If we'd of started the season with this  current squad I reckon we'd be In the top half of the table
We have so much potential, kind of a bit like Villa last season but better

If we can stay up which I think we will we will be a solid team

The only part that worries me are our loans
Lookman
Aerola
Anderson
Aina
Must all stay, is this possible I'm not so sure, probably looking at a 100 million + to sign them all

cookieg

There was a stat on MOTD about how many points we have thrown away so far this season - 10! If we had got those we would be very comfortable now.

Deeping_white

I believe the option for Areola is ~£10m as reported by GFFN. Aina's if Sky Italy and some reputable journo's are to be believed would be around £12m. Anderson I reckon is getting more affordable by the day and will probably cost circa £25m. The French league had a tv rights deal collapse, hence why our former teenage prodigy Moussa Dembele has gone from Lyon to Atleti on loan with an option to purchase. They're all so cash starved that they'll have to turn into selling clubs while Covid keeps fans out of stadiums. Lookman will probs cost £25m+ but I'd happily pay £30m. If we stay up we also pay Saints £5m for Lemina as there's an obligation to purchase in that deal.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 14, 2021, 04:27:52 PM
I believe the option for Areola is ~£10m as reported by GFFN. Aina's if Sky Italy and some reputable journo's are to be believed would be around £12m. Anderson I reckon is getting more affordable by the day and will probably cost circa £25m. The French league had a tv rights deal collapse, hence why our former teenage prodigy Moussa Dembele has gone from Lyon to Atleti on loan with an option to purchase. They're all so cash starved that they'll have to turn into selling clubs while Covid keeps fans out of stadiums. Lookman will probs cost £25m+ but I'd happily pay £30m. If we stay up we also pay Saints £5m for Lemina as there's an obligation to purchase in that deal.
maybe we should look to tie up Anderson if he's game during this window.Ie loan with right to buy something along those lines.

Jules

Stating the obvious, but the key is converting some of these draws to victories. I really feel that  if we can add a pacy striker who can finish we will survive this season. We get into good positions but just lack the composure with the final ball or finish. Let's keep this momentum going though, we have nobody to fear!

ffc73

This is the best team that we have had for years and I dread relegation and the thought of rebuilding again in the Championship.
Bottom line is we have to win games to survive.  Good performances and draws are not enough.
We can have a better second half of the season.
The dropped points at WHU, Toon, Sheffield Utd could haunt us come May.

Jim©

Quote from: cookieg on January 14, 2021, 04:26:19 PM
There was a stat on MOTD about how many points we have thrown away so far this season - 10! If we had got those we would be very comfortable now.

You could easily argue that at least 5 points of those- Sheff Utd, Liverpool and Newcastle were down to strange VAR calls. Add in the offside for West Hams goal and we could be sitting pretty.
I think we've got more than enough to stay up and if we do, then we're in a prime position to make good the options on Aina, Areola and Lemina. Parker was asked about Lookman signing today and seemed fairly positive about it. It's certainly the makings of a top 10 side, just need to get winning!

rebel

In the Summer window the net spend was about £10m. So doable if players and their clubs are happy to do business.

Anderson yesterday was awesome. A natural leader, I don't think Cairney ever has been. Anderson aggressive, Cairney is passive more of a diplomat.       

rebel

Quote from: Jim© on January 14, 2021, 04:41:58 PM
Quote from: cookieg on January 14, 2021, 04:26:19 PM

You could easily argue that at least 5 points of those- Sheff Utd, Liverpool and Newcastle were down to strange VAR calls. Add in the offside for West Hams goal and we could be sitting pretty.
I think we've got more than enough to stay up and if we do, then we're in a prime position to make good the options on Aina, Areola and Lemina. Parker was asked about Lookman signing today and seemed fairly positive about it. It's certainly the makings of a top 10 side, just need to get winning!

Yep VAR decisions and missed penalties.

WindyCity

Quote from: perry geyton on January 14, 2021, 04:22:50 PM
If this team got relegated  If we'd of started the season with this  current squad I reckon we'd be In the top half of the table
We have so much potential, kind of a bit like Villa last season but better If we can stay up which I think we will we will be a solid team
The only part that worries me are our loans Lookman Aerola Anderson Aina Must all stay, is this possible I'm not so sure, probably looking at a 100 million + to sign them all

Before season started I was concerned about the relatively soft schedule to start the season (after the Arsenal opener) and the importance of capturing points during that opening stretch.  Sadly, FFC was not prepared to do so, and we will continue to struggle for most of this season to stay up as a result.  Still open are final third attackers/goal scorers and even though FFC are currently playing much better we will always be looking at staying out of the drop zone until the offense can be upgraded.

As far as keeping desired players currently here on loan, it all depends on how FFC finishes this season and if we can stay in the league.  Chances will improve to sign desired players should we fight back to a mid table finish.  It's all about staying in the Prem and as high as possible in the table.

JimOG

Quote from: FFC73 on January 14, 2021, 04:38:30 PM
This is the best team that we have had for years and I dread relegation and the thought of rebuilding again in the Championship.
Bottom line is we have to win games to survive.  Good performances and draws are not enough.
We can have a better second half of the season.
The dropped points at WHU, Toon, Sheffield Utd could haunt us come May.

+1 ..the makings of the best side this century ...if we could teleport Saha into this team. TK & recruitment have done a really good job. I just hope they've got 2 more up their sleeves

Denver Fulham

Quote from: rebel on January 14, 2021, 04:54:03 PM

In the Summer window the net spend was about £10m. So doable if players and their clubs are happy to do business.

Anderson yesterday was awesome. A natural leader, I don't think Cairney ever has been. Anderson aggressive, Cairney is passive more of a diplomat.       

Even though it disrupted our possession in their half, I loved Andersen flagrantly shoulder-charging that Tottenham player off the ball to express his displeasure with the ref ignoring a previous call. Sent a nice physical message.

Denver Fulham

We've been unlucky with penalties and VAR but I also think Parker needs to be a bit more ambitious late in games when we're level.

Burnley have scored six goals in their last 13 matches but have 16 points from them, including four wins. A win and a loss is worth 50% more than two draws. A win and two losses is equivalent to three draws (on points, anyway).

It's worth "going for the win" more than we do at the expense of eating a few more losses because we open ourselves up.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

No one has mentioned him yet, so I will.
Getting Tosin for less than £2 million must be the bargain of the season. He has sured up our defence (with the help of Anderson obviously).
If the figures being thrown around are accurate, then it's peanuts. But I can't see us getting them that cheaply to be honest. Especially Lookman. I have a feeling that he'll be poached by a bigger club, similar to Everton but obviously not them. Maybe even Arsenal. But if we did get him, then I'll give TK what ever he wants.

Deeping_white

Quote from: rebel on January 14, 2021, 04:54:03 PM

I would never normally advocate loan players having the armband, but Andersen is massive for us at the heart of the defence and arguably with how hard we've found it to get a decent CB in the last 8 years, I would prioritise him over Lookman in the summer as the big money signing, should we stay up.

filham

Yes our team is looking good at the moment and Parker has got them working well but finding that missing link, the pacey striker, is not going to be easy. A few other clubs are looking for the same player.

perry geyton

Let's also not forget Anguissa only has a year left at the end of the season

Whitestone

Anguissa's contract ends in 2023 with an option of a further year.

perry geyton

Quote from: Whitestone on January 14, 2021, 09:33:39 PM
Anguissa's contract ends in 2023 with an option of a further year.
Yeah that's one more season after this, like I said

if we go down he'll be long gone and won't resign either way.

Me simply have to stay up

hongkongfulham

Think we have enough to stay up for sure. Just hope we can raise our levels for the mid table teams like we do for the bigger teams.

On players, the only player I dont think is vital to keep on is Aina. Dont get me wrong he has played well and scored a cracker, but Tete will start on the right, and I think Kongolo/anderson/Tosin will be our preferred back 3. Think that 10-12 mill could be spent elsewhere. I wanted to say Steven Sess could cover there but he looks like he isnt getting a kick out on loan, which is disappointing.

Please, Please, please stay up lads. Next season with this group could be really exciting.