watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Amazon Prime Match Picture Quality

Started by Jock White, January 14, 2021, 11:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

I have realised that if you stick to a smaller tv the picture is better. Ideally the large tv is great but when I had to get rid of it after decades  I was going to replace it but found I have got on very well with a small tv .
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

lukeahar

Image quality is fine, but I was just 90 seconds behind the rest of the world watching it
@lukeahar

mrmicawbers

Quote from: lukeahar on January 14, 2021, 02:56:20 PM
Image quality is fine, but I was just 90 seconds behind the rest of the world watching it
Yep they are,mind you our fans were in good voice.I wonder if it's to cut out any serious swearing by the players?

West Ewells all White

Agree Tosh`s mate, vastly better through the Sky Q than the TV`s App connection

bahay18

i think its to do with the screen refresh rate .When i was watching through the apple tv or the sony tv app the action seemed as though it was slightly sped up . Switching to watching through the xbox app in 4k and it was perfect . from what i understand xbox is fixed at 60hz and it just depends how your tv interprets it . so some apps will look better than others .

agreed on McCoist last night , unbiased commentary , how refreshing !

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I had a great picture. Was really impressed with Amazon Prime all round to be fair.

WindyCity

Quote from: Jock White on January 14, 2021, 11:21:36 AM
Hi Folks,
I've watched a few matches on Prime now and find that the picture quality isn't great. Seems quite jerky and pixely compared to "Normal" TV coverage.
We have a fairly large telly, it may be that or internet connection but is anyone else having the same issues?
Thanks for feedback.
BTW I found the commentary duo last night to be very fair with "Super Ally" being very complimentary of Fulham, a nice break from Sky/BBC big club love ins...
Cheers

I had similar problems awhile back.  My son (I don't know how to hook all this stuff up) hooked my tv, modem et al up for me.  And some of my pictures on regular channels were not as clear (HD) as they should have been and during football matches I was getting that jerky and pixely thing too.  My son was running my Netflix and Amazon Prime (and maybe all of my cable?) through my DVD player.  When I had a technician come out to see what my various problems were, he discovered everything was hooked up wrong, and once he took away connecting through my DVD player, everything was settled and now looks great. 

You might just try looking at/checking how all of your attachments and connections are being made.  You might be able to realize a better reception/picture by changing some of your connections.  Good luck!

fulhamtom

Foitball picture was great but now in our 2nd month if Prime wstching series or films the picture quality is very poor and lots of buffering. I researched on Google and was advised to turn off the Internet and turn it on again. Improves it and takes away buffering but still not SKY quality pictures. 

FFCBadger

Make sure your TV has a wired connection to the internet, if you're running off wi-fi you wont have max bandwidth.

And next match try out Prime's subtitles... :005:

Jock White

Quote from: WindyCity on January 14, 2021, 05:53:41 PM
Quote from: Jock White on January 14, 2021, 11:21:36 AM
Hi Folks,
I've watched a few matches on Prime now and find that the picture quality isn't great. Seems quite jerky and pixely compared to "Normal" TV coverage.
We have a fairly large telly, it may be that or internet connection but is anyone else having the same issues?
Thanks for feedback.
BTW I found the commentary duo last night to be very fair with "Super Ally" being very complimentary of Fulham, a nice break from Sky/BBC big club love ins...
Cheers

I had similar problems awhile back.  My son (I don't know how to hook all this stuff up) hooked my tv, modem et al up for me.  And some of my pictures on regular channels were not as clear (HD) as they should have been and during football matches I was getting that jerky and pixely thing too.  My son was running my Netflix and Amazon Prime (and maybe all of my cable?) through my DVD player.  When I had a technician come out to see what my various problems were, he discovered everything was hooked up wrong, and once he took away connecting through my DVD player, everything was settled and now looks great. 

You might just try looking at/checking how all of your attachments and connections are being made.  You might be able to realize a better reception/picture by changing some of your connections.  Good luck!
I'm wired through electrical ethernet extender and router downstairs, BT wireless router is upstairs on master socket. might try disconnecting other devices when game is on.
Cheers

Jock White

I'm wired through electrical ethernet extender and router downstairs, BT wireless router is upstairs on master socket. might try disconnecting other devices when game is on.
Cheers
Quote from: FFCBadger on January 15, 2021, 06:56:14 AM
Make sure your TV has a wired connection to the internet, if you're running off wi-fi you wont have max bandwidth.

And next match try out Prime's subtitles... :005:

grandad

I have Amazon Prime on both Amazon UK & Amazon Spain but all I got was " Unable to view due to location."
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

I'm just glad to be able to watch the games.  I watched on my I pad and it was great