watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: 0-1 Chelsea

Started by Milo, January 16, 2021, 07:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Robinson's tackle effectively made the game a forgone conclusion however we showed a lot off fight to cling on as we did.

But has Robinson's tackle cost us not just Chelsea, but also the next game against United?

BDR is out too due to picking up a fifth yellow.

Are there any fingers to point at Areola for the goal? Or were our defenders just too tired to block the follow up?

The Swan

To lose against Chelsea and having to play all the second half with men was outstanding.
Only one player not up to standard was Cavaleiro. He should have have been replaced at half time.
Roll on Man U next weekend.
The Swan

Plodder

I think the Man Utd becomes the proverbial "free hit". I don't expect us to get anything from that game. We should play a strong team and try, of course, but for once (against my normal thinking) if a player or two needs a break and will benefit as a result, the matches against Burnley and Brighton really are season defining.

Denver Fulham

We're going to shoot ourselves in the foot all the way back to the Championship, which would be a travesty with this group.

Bobby's yellow card wasn't even a foul, and now he's out for United unless it gets repealed somehow. Awesome.

jarv

Great effort. Entertaining game. However, in order to stay up Fulham must find a way to score a goal, actually a few goals. Where is the next goal coming from?

Sgt Fulham

Refs handing out red card like candy* rather than something that kills the competitiveness of a game. It should be a LAST RESORT. So fed up with it. The game is for the fans and it makes it an awful and depressing spectacle where one team parks the bus while the other tries to force the issue. Some are defending the decision, but I look at the tackle and I see no real risk of injury and no intent. I don't want the days of leg breaks back, but we have gone too far the other way.

*If you're not one of the 'big teams'

Milo

This Sky commentary is so one sided I can't believe.

Prime Video a complete breath of fresh air.

Milo

Can't watch Sky anymore. Where's the FFC analysis?

grandad

Excuse me for saying. Judging by the Sky post match discussion, were The Blue Poo playing themselves. I thought they were playing us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deeping_white

Martin Tyler is an awful commentator, and they got in two studio analysts who would defend Frank even if he ran on the pitch and stabbed a Fulham player. Haven't seen a lot of Wayne Bridge in recent times but he has the demeanour of someone who's got a rock for a brain.

All the more reason to circumvent watching games on Sky by using alternate means. Bezos needs to put Murdoch out of business and get all the games on Amazon as they're 10x better

Tabby

Not a great first half, but we had a decent spell before the red card, which ruined our chances. Good thing we have Bryan who is able to replace Robinson, and RLC should be back for the united game.

Need to get some wins going, but have a hard time seeing it happening next game. Got two huge games against WBA and Brighton after that though.

Milo

Quote from: Tabby on January 16, 2021, 08:14:14 PM
Not a great first half, but we had a decent spell before the red card, which ruined our chances. Good thing we have Bryan who is able to replace Robinson, and RLC should be back for the united game.

Need to get some wins going, but have a hard time seeing it happening next game. Got two huge games against WBA and Brighton after that though.

Agree.

Also big question as to what the Mitro situation is right now.

I think it's over to TK to buy/loan the right striker for this team in the next 2 weeks.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 16, 2021, 08:09:19 PM
Martin Tyler is an awful commentator, and they got in two studio analysts who would defend Frank even if he ran on the pitch and stabbed a Fulham player. Haven't seen a lot of Wayne Bridge in recent times but he has the demeanour of someone who's got a rock for a brain.

All the more reason to circumvent watching games on Sky by using alternate means. Bezos needs to put Murdoch out of business and get all the games on Amazon as they're 10x better

I agree that Martin Tyler is a very poor football commentator, sounds like and reminds me of my late Auntie Florence drooling on about her bunions playing up.
As for Sky they could not be more biased if they tried. As for Wayne Bridge, if brains were dynamite he wouldn't have enough to blow his hat off.
But are we surprised, no worries our day will come.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Denver Fulham on January 16, 2021, 07:38:13 PM
We're going to shoot ourselves in the foot all the way back to the Championship, which would be a travesty with this group.

Bobby's yellow card wasn't even a foul, and now he's out for United unless it gets repealed somehow. Awesome.
I could not believe it either. It was a clean tackle, took the ball first - in fact an excellent tackle - and he misses a match because of it. What planet are these refs on?

Asotosyios

Quote from: Plodder on January 16, 2021, 07:38:03 PM
I think the Man Utd becomes the proverbial "free hit". I don't expect us to get anything from that game. We should play a strong team and try, of course, but for once (against my normal thinking) if a player or two needs a break and will benefit as a result, the matches against Burnley and Brighton really are season defining.
I don't agree with that. We can't afford "free hits" in our position. We need to start winning games even against the "bigger teams".

By the way, the game against Burnley is for the cup - it's the games against Brighton and WBA that we really cannot afford to lose.

Agree - that was a great tackle.

Good thing we have Bryan who is able to replace Robinson, and RLC should be back for the united game.
RLC to come in for BDR and probably Bryan for Robinson, though I wouldn't be surprised if Aina goes on the left and Kongolo starts at the back 3.

Mince n Tatties

One game that hurts me more than any other,losing to that Filth down the road.
If Cav's chance had gone in,think we might have won comfortably,not going to be too hard on him as his super header won us a point at Spurs.
We never get that lucky break in games with the Filth do we...Hate them with a passion.😡

Plodder

Quote from: Asotosyios on January 16, 2021, 09:57:53 PM
I don't agree with that. We can't afford "free hits" in our position. We need to start winning games even against the "bigger teams".

By the way, the game against Burnley is for the cup - it's the games against Brighton and WBA that we really cannot afford to lose.

Good thing we have Bryan who is able to replace Robinson, and RLC should be back for the united game.
RLC to come in for BDR and probably Bryan for Robinson, though I wouldn't be surprised if Aina goes on the left and Kongolo starts at the back 3.

My mistake, I had a momentary aberration thinking that the Burnley game was one of the two league fixtures. In that case, I agree that there is no need to let the three matches next week influence selection for Wednesday. Having said that, I am concerned about Anguissa - not faulting his attitude, but his energy levels don't quite seem what they were a few weeks ago, and I think he could with a full week off.  Let's hope he has a stormer on Wednesday.

fulhamben

Quote from: Plodder on January 17, 2021, 12:05:09 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on January 16, 2021, 09:57:53 PM

My mistake, I had a momentary aberration thinking that the Burnley game was one of the two league fixtures. In that case, I agree that there is no need to let the three matches next week influence selection for Wednesday. Having said that, I am concerned about Anguissa - not faulting his attitude, but his energy levels don't quite seem what they were a few weeks ago, and I think he could with a full week off.  Let's hope he has a stormer on Wednesday.
im going to presume that zambo had Covid, and was rushed back for the spurs game and that's why he looked a little drained of late. Hopefully he will be all guns blazing for Man U and then tested for the cup game.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.