Main Menu

Cav’s miss

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 16, 2021, 09:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on January 17, 2021, 12:33:34 AM
Quote from: Twig on January 17, 2021, 12:28:35 AM
Quote from: Andy S on January 16, 2021, 11:33:53 PM
We are looking for the perfect centre forward. Unfortunately he does not exist and if he did he wouldn't be playing for us

No, just a Prem standard striker who might conceivably achieve double figures in a season. Not too much to ask surely?
Even that bloke Brentford signed probably would have had a few goals for us by now. 

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Any of the Brentford BMW trio would have scored a few goals for us by now.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on January 17, 2021, 01:41:12 AM
Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on January 16, 2021, 10:02:20 PM
Today's miss was bad indeed, but Cav has never shown the ability to score on that play. He just doesn't have that finish in his locker, I am sorry to say.

The good news is that today should wake up everyone at the club to the reality that we need a striker and we need one fast. I would be very surprised if we don't sign somebody soon. Dwight Gayle.

But this is the same player that when he first signed was banging them in from the edge of the box for fun  :023:

But that's the thing, he did score a few spectacular goals early on I agree but he was never prolific. We need someone who we can rely on to get, say 15 per season.  Not sure why he no longer gets the odd wonder goal from 20yds I guess confidence can be a very fragile thing.

FFC1987

Ivan lacks finesse. He does some really good stuff, but then fails on the composure side to his game, be it holding a ball, fluffing a cross or getting his finishing totally wrong. His ability to miscue a ball and have poor footing has been costly at times. Three glaring examples for me were his penalty where he slipped, his finish yesterday where he just totally miscued the ball and kicked his wrong foot, and he did it again recently, I think against Newcastle (might be wrong) where he made a great run, breezing past 2 players, went for the cross and kicked his wrong foot and sent it flying off for a GK about 40 yards up and no where near danger.

He's a frustrating player because there are aspects to his game you have to admire, but that's only marred by his total lack of end product at times. Great finish for goal against Spurs, granted, one I wouldn't ever expect him to score, but penalties and free shots from 8 yards or thereabouts.....when you don't convert them, don't expect decent results. Also, at times his complete lack of calmness to safely find a fulham shirt when he's holding the ball up, so many times he did the hard bit, held his man, took control of the ball but seemingly went on to either hold on too long and turn into trouble or find a Chelsea shirt instead of a fulham one. Passing should be the easy bit for a player liek him, but he makes it so hard on himself at times.