more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kongolo

Started by davew, January 17, 2021, 09:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: filham on January 18, 2021, 03:31:15 PM
I always wonder what the pre signing medical report said with cases like Kongolo and Mawson.

In Kongolo's case I suspect it just said

"Don't"

Kimbleman

I believe Liverpool under Klopp have a recruitment policy that more or less states they don't buy any player with any history of injury as once a player has sustained an injury there is a far greater chance of a reoccurrence (or even a different injury).
As an analogy what are you going to buy....a Fiat or a Honda? We seem to be taking a punt (trying to save cash) but it comes back to haunt us each time ☹️

davew

Quote from: jayffc on January 18, 2021, 03:16:04 PM
Quote from: davew on January 18, 2021, 01:46:51 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 18, 2021, 12:17:02 PM
Quote from: Peabody on January 18, 2021, 12:03:12 PM
I am sure that Terence didn't get injured on purpose but I think, the way some of you think, he did.

I certainly don't blame a player for being injury prone and I can't see any posts that do.
But I blame TK for wasting £10m of the club's money on him (which is what it will be if we're paying him for the duration of his contract) when it was all very predictable
Exactly, now switching the subject to Seri, total waste of money!!!!

Are we then switching it back to Tosin, Tete, Anderson ,Areola, Lookman, Lemina, Reed, Robinson all doing great jobs without a huge initial outlay at all? or we only focussing on Seri because it fits a narrative. How about, there are plenty of examples of things working, and plenty of examples where it didn't go so well, and so...being objective. Sometimes TK's done good, and some times he's done badly? Or we just so locked into confirmation bias ,we aren't willing to accept or discuss anything other than the evidence that backs up that everything is awful and it's all one mans fault, and anything that isn't awful, has nothing to do with him.
The names you mention have all proved good signings (loan or otherwise) without them no doubt we would be below Sheff Utd in the league. I think most Fulham fans (old or new) will be disappointed in where we are in the league and it is always easier to comment on the negatives rather than the positives. At the end of the season when we are likely to be relegated, I am sure those running the club will come under more criticism from more fans. I have not been 1 of the TK out brigade, without him we wouldn't have achieved as much success as we have from playing in the Championship. A lot can still happen in the remainder of the transfer window, it needs to!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

jayffc

Quote from: davew on January 18, 2021, 04:48:46 PM
Quote from: jayffc on January 18, 2021, 03:16:04 PM
Quote from: davew on January 18, 2021, 01:46:51 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 18, 2021, 12:17:02 PM
Quote from: Peabody on January 18, 2021, 12:03:12 PM
I am sure that Terence didn't get injured on purpose but I think, the way some of you think, he did.

I certainly don't blame a player for being injury prone and I can't see any posts that do.
But I blame TK for wasting £10m of the club's money on him (which is what it will be if we're paying him for the duration of his contract) when it was all very predictable
Exactly, now switching the subject to Seri, total waste of money!!!!

Are we then switching it back to Tosin, Tete, Anderson ,Areola, Lookman, Lemina, Reed, Robinson all doing great jobs without a huge initial outlay at all? or we only focussing on Seri because it fits a narrative. How about, there are plenty of examples of things working, and plenty of examples where it didn't go so well, and so...being objective. Sometimes TK's done good, and some times he's done badly? Or we just so locked into confirmation bias ,we aren't willing to accept or discuss anything other than the evidence that backs up that everything is awful and it's all one mans fault, and anything that isn't awful, has nothing to do with him.
The names you mention have all proved good signings (loan or otherwise) without them no doubt we would be below Sheff Utd in the league. I think most Fulham fans (old or new) will be disappointed in where we are in the league and it is always easier to comment on the negatives rather than the positives. At the end of the season when we are likely to be relegated, I am sure those running the club will come under more criticism from more fans. I have not been 1 of the TK out brigade, without him we wouldn't have achieved as much success as we have from playing in the Championship. A lot can still happen in the remainder of the transfer window, it needs to!!

completely agree on many of this and apologies if misinterpreting your post. Disappointed to be in the relegation positions, although I think with a good striking option or 2 which were clearly in the hunt for...I'm a little more confident I suppose that we can get out of this based on what I'm watching.

Agree that should we fail in bringing in those options, given that it's obvious we need some help there and Scotts clearly in those meetings saying what he he feels he needs to succeed, then rightly those running the club will in for deserved criticism. Lets see how it pans out!

davew

jayffc no problem, onwards and hopefully upwards!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Quote from: FulhamStu on January 18, 2021, 09:09:12 AM
Time will tell, I am still happy we signed him, he is cover this season but could be a key player next season.  Not surprising people are unhappy with the signing after recent players signed injured and never giving much.  Mawson is however starting again for Bristol City, so he still has value but we paid big money for Mawson compared to Kongolo.  I expect a fully fit Kongolo would cost £20M !
How can you possibly suggest he is cover when he is never fit.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: blingo on January 17, 2021, 07:47:42 PM
How much of a chance do you give him?

We should give him chances until 2024, as we have to pay him until 2024.

FulhamStu

Quote from: filham on January 18, 2021, 10:10:29 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on January 18, 2021, 09:09:12 AM
Time will tell, I am still happy we signed him, he is cover this season but could be a key player next season.  Not surprising people are unhappy with the signing after recent players signed injured and never giving much.  Mawson is however starting again for Bristol City, so he still has value but we paid big money for Mawson compared to Kongolo.  I expect a fully fit Kongolo would cost £20M !
How can you possibly suggest he is cover when he is never fit.

Fair point, I should have said, he would only be cover this season if/when he gets fit.  Next season if we are relegated, of which there is a very good chance and he remains fit, he should be a key player next to Tosin and maybe Hector.   I know ifs buts maybes but that is what football is.   

Black, White and Fred

Parker has confirmed hes out for a few weeks with an injury. Lad hasn't managed to make it through more than 1 match with both his loan and perm debut
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

fulhamben

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on January 19, 2021, 09:24:26 PM
Parker has confirmed hes out for a few weeks with an injury. Lad hasn't managed to make it through more than 1 match with both his loan and perm debut
i bet its more frustrating for him than it is us. thank god tosin is a beast of a defender
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RaySmith

Quote from: fulhamben on January 20, 2021, 01:24:13 AM
Quote from: Black, White and Fred on January 19, 2021, 09:24:26 PM
i bet its more frustrating for him than it is us. thank god tosin is a beast of a defender

Yes, any player's nightmare.

LittleErn

Quote from: ALG01 on January 17, 2021, 08:19:39 PM
i feel sorry for kongolo but it is mawson all over agian
lesson needs to be learned, do not sign players that have been injured for so long.
we could have had a forward for heavens sake....

Mawson's njuries were basically the same injury recurring. Sounds as though that s not the case with Kongolo so no reason to call him a sick note just yet.