watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kongolo

Started by davew, January 17, 2021, 09:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Not even on the bench yesterday, please don't tell me he is injured again?   :023:
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Quote from: davew on January 17, 2021, 09:01:14 AM
Not even on the bench yesterday, please don't tell me he is injured again?   :023:
Yes he is, confirmed yesterday another few weeks. Waste of time and money and a spot in the squad.
Just the views of a long term fan

Jules

Quote from: MJG on January 17, 2021, 09:09:49 AM
Quote from: davew link=topic=79520.msg1208009#msg120800i9 date=1610874074
Yes he is, confirmed yesterday another few weeks. Waste of time and money and a spot in the squad.

No idea why we signed this guy. Injury prone and would only be a back up defender which we already have. Waste of a squad place and wages

jayffc

Signed him because injury free hes a quality acquisition at a very good price performing at a significantly higher level than Ream and Hector have been...also during the summer we missed out on 2cb signings due to Covid. It's easy with hindsight to call him a sick note but at the time it was well worth the punt in my opinion given his level of performance and the relatively low cost.

Hes been out for a while so may take time to get back to full health and other smaller injuries can pop up when you've been out that long, but worth persevering with IF he can get back full health- many players have done so before, though many have also gone the other way to.  He's here as backup for the time being, let's just hope we can get him back strong enough to be that for now

davew

That's what I thought and totally agree with you even if I might feel a bit sorry for the guy, our backroom staff obviously got their statistics wrong!

Deeping_white

Not really, at £3m he's a bargain and he showed against QPR that he's better than Ream, Odoi and Hector.

sunburywhite

Apparently his jock strap got twisted when he tied his boots up and put one of his nuts into orbit
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Somerset Fulham

The guy has been out for a year, of course he's going to pick up injuries as he gets back to full fitness.

davew

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 17, 2021, 06:05:42 PM
at £3m he's a bargain and he showed against QPR that he's better than Ream, Odoi and Hector.
3m a bargain and better than Ream, Odoi & Hector (put together), based on playing QPR, really? Rather we pay a world class striker 3m (for 3 games) to help us.

Whitesideup

Haven't seen enough of him to be sure myself. Looked ok against QPR but not enough of a test to make a judgement. But his reputation is that of a quality defender. His injuries are disappointing. Let's hope he does return to fitness and we get to see just how good he is, and how much value we can see for £3 million.

Statto

He's a crock. He's clearly never going to hold down a spot in the starting XI for us, that is if we ever see him again anyway . Not fussed though, provided we didn't pay a big fee and aren't committed to paying him a salary for years to come. Yes he's taking a spot in the squad but who was he keeping out, given Onomah was injured? McDonald? Fine but i don't expect him to be included for the second half of the season.

davew

I almost forgot which team we signed him from, oh yes Huddersfield, explains it all!!

70sPimlico

The guys a Fulham player. And a good one at that. He's been incredibly unlucky with injuries.

How about we just wish him well.

What is it with the needing someone to blame. Pathetic veiled attempt at blaming Tony Khan.

He aint perfect, but as far as I know he didn't power-slam Terence and injure him. (Yes, its a Wrestling term and yes, I did look it up)

The OP is a master of Gallows humour but missing the comedy

70sPimlico

Quote from: davew on January 17, 2021, 06:37:56 PM
I almost forgot which team we signed him from, oh yes Huddersfield, explains it all!!
Why, as reading your posts, shows you know very little about football

alfie

Hold on a minute Parker said he got a knock, so assume an impact injury, not pulling up with a strain, or an old injury.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

blingo

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 17, 2021, 06:07:34 PM
Apparently his jock strap got twisted when he tied his boots up and put one of his nuts into orbit

You made me laugh Sunbury.

blingo

It doesn't matter if its Kongolo or Maradona, he's dead wood. A crock. He's no good to us if he plays three games every 18 months.

The Old Count

Quite right. Let's not give the man a chance. Always best to jump in and rubbish someone.

blingo

How much of a chance do you give him?

ALG01

i feel sorry for kongolo but it is mawson all over agian
lesson needs to be learned, do not sign players that have been injured for so long.
we could have had a forward for heavens sake....