watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

got to hold your nerve

Started by Favershampaul, January 17, 2021, 11:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favershampaul

Now is the time we've got to hold our nerve. we did well with 10 men against Chelsea yes the tackle was reckless and  definitely a red . Our manager got it spot on with his assessment of the game he new we were in it up until the dismissal . He didn't throw anyone under the bus in the interview after the match rather he was very proud of the teams effort . this is in contrast to some managers and for me great managment from Parker. Keep playing the way we are keep the team spirit and we will be in with a chance . We are still fighting for each other yes WBA got a result but really that is to be expected with the way they play under Big Sam dont expect them to go on a run cos it wont happen Wolves are not playing well at the moment. We know BHA play good football and are our main target to chase down but look at Leeds , Newcastle and Burnley all now showing inconsistent form.
We have a game against Manchester United to look forward to and if we were to get 3 points out of that then the points haul for the last three games would be excellent. We cant affect how others play just deal with what we face, so dont throw the towel in just yet. Get Mitro fit and hopefully bring in a striker during the window and then the second half of the season will be very different .I will remain positive right to the end . I get fed up reading  the crap on here about Scott Parker who I think is proving to be an excellent coach, more than capable of keeping us up . That poor start we had was really the problem and had he had the team from the off we would be in a much better place. Can we stay up? I cant tell you that, I can tell you I'm optimistic . Hold your nerve and Believe.

Jim©

Agreed and I'd say Brighton will be clear but Newcastle and Burnley will struggle.
Watched West brom and they weren't good and got two debatable penalties.

Black and White Blood

Great Post Favsshampaul, couldn't have put it better

FFC In Oz

It's all a matter of perspective isn't it?

All those sides have won more recently than us (hell, even Sheff Utd have)

SuffolkWhite

Totally agree Favershampaul, some on here are just worried all the time (Fight or Flight), enjoy the battle be fearless and believe. STAND UP IF YOU STILL BELIEVE!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFC1987

I'd be interested into why WBA can't go on a run? Anyone can with a lick of form and a player or two overperforming. The problem we have with the teams who have dropped form recently, they have the head start and we ain't winning games. Its lovely that we're competing and playing lovely football against top opposition, but we're starting to see a gap emerge and we aren't taking our chances to close said gap. Whether you think its bad VAR calls, bad refereeing or just unlucky conceded goals, the fact remains. The gap has widened and when the teams we need to catch stumble, we aren't currently, putting them to the sword.

I've no interest in Parker out comments. I can understand why some would say that, having won 2/17 so far and being in relegation zone by 4 points but I still think its silly personally. Parker proved himself last year and has proved himself this year, but that doesn't mean criticism isn't warranted of anyone. We now go into a super difficult fixture Wednesday against an in form United with a tired and depleted squad followed by some really important games so we'll see but I still think if we fail to win against Brighton and WestBrom, we'll need to re-think where expectations will leave us. We're certainly capable and can compete, I just worry we're 1 or even 2 players from being at the level we need to be to survive. 

Woolly Mammoth

The only reason why West Brom came away with 3 points was because of two penalties that never were that they were awarded. Goals change games and those penalties did just that. We have to make sure we turn them over when we meet, unless of course they are given two penalties that never were.
Despite big Sam at the helm, I don't think they have enough to stay up, and Sheffield Utd I reckon have left themselves too much to do.
It is up to Fulham to catch and over take one more team at least. It is in our hands, but everything could be jeopardised without adding another striker and winger to the team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2021, 01:46:40 PM
The only reason why West Brom came away with 3 points was because of two penalties that never were that they were awarded. Goals change games and those penalties did just that. We have to make sure we turn them over when we meet, unless of course they are given two penalties that never were.
Despite big Sam at the helm, I don't think they have enough to stay up, and Sheffield Utd I reckon have left themselves too much to do.
It is up to Fulham to catch and over take one more team at least. It is in our hands, but everything could be jeopardised without adding another striker and winger to the team.

Hmm, I'll agree to the first penalty being outside the box, but Coady definitely catches Robinson (wasn't it?) for the second. I screamed a dive at first, he he definitely makes contact with reviews.

Asotosyios

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 17, 2021, 01:27:15 PM
I'd be interested into why WBA can't go on a run? Anyone can with a lick of form and a player or two overperforming. The problem we have with the teams who have dropped form recently, they have the head start and we ain't winning games. Its lovely that we're competing and playing lovely football against top opposition, but we're starting to see a gap emerge and we aren't taking our chances to close said gap. Whether you think its bad VAR calls, bad refereeing or just unlucky conceded goals, the fact remains. The gap has widened and when the teams we need to catch stumble, we aren't currently, putting them to the sword.

I've no interest in Parker out comments. I can understand why some would say that, having won 2/17 so far and being in relegation zone by 4 points but I still think its silly personally. Parker proved himself last year and has proved himself this year, but that doesn't mean criticism isn't warranted of anyone. We now go into a super difficult fixture Wednesday against an in form United with a tired and depleted squad followed by some really important games so we'll see but I still think if we fail to win against Brighton and WestBrom, we'll need to re-think where expectations will leave us. We're certainly capable and can compete, I just worry we're 1 or even 2 players from being at the level we need to be to survive. 

+1

Agree with all of this and especially the Parker bit. I don't want Parker gone, even if we get relegated, but he can't be above criticism.

FFCBadger

My observation from watching this weekends games is that everyone down the bottom is playing better now.
Fulham playing better is not enough, we badly need goals and a more ruthless approach to winning every half we play in if we're to get out of this.

Jules

Agree with many points on this thread. We have improved immensely since the first few games and we now have a solid base and structure and a way of playing on the counter with pace. However, we started the season badly and are playing catch up. We cannot score enough goals to win games. Teams around us are picking up results now. Realistically, we can only expect to catch Brighton, Burnley and possibly Newcastle. And we need to watch out for WBA. Big Sam will pick up wins here and there as proved at the weekend. I'd like to see us sign at least  1 striker in the next week or so to give us attacking options going into Brighton and WBA games. Playing Cav as centre forward any longer will cost us. He has done ok, but we need better quality to convert chances. These are going to be crucial and we must get at least 4 points from those two games.

filham

A great OP Favershampaul.
I am right behind your every word.

mrmicawbers

By the looks of things its probably time to start diving and Rolling round screaming like a little girl to get something go in our favour.Sadly Referees dont seem to appreciate our sportsmanship.

Andy S

I am optimistic for our mid week game even though we are a bit depleted. United played a hard game against Liverpool on the weekend and that will take its toll. Players cannot recover from knocks in the short term and we will have an opportunity for an upset. As was said earlier, Keep the faith