News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Exstending contracts or thank you contracts looks like they have backfired on us

Started by MickTheBeard, January 20, 2021, 04:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

Giving out contracts to players who helped us get up,especially rises which other championship clubs can't afford or foreign clubs.Has left us with players too old,having not sold them on earlier,now their to old and contracts not finished,we now find ourselves with players in the present crisis unable to shift as clubs don't have money.Which will be a problem for a couple of years plus it may cost us our survival in the top flight this time.Ist it was transfers and then contracts waved around like confetti's.Someones dad needs to have a word.You reckon he's learning,how old is he,I don't think so!!!!

fulhamben

who was actually given a new contract when we came up? i can think of one person but he wasnt a player
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

right so i looked, and as far as i can tell the only contract extensions that were made after promotion were for odoi a decent cheap utility player, bryan a solid left back and onomah. so who were you referring to exactly?

Finnans Right Peg

Not only that if we didn't give out contract extensions people would be on saying how can we let them go on a free  093.gif

brightster

Didn't everyone want us to start with the team that got us promoted, unlike last time. The only one the jury I think was out on was Knockart!

fulhamben

Quote from: brightster on January 20, 2021, 06:00:30 PM
Didn't everyone want us to start with the team that got us promoted, unlike last time. The only one the jury I think was out on was Knockart!

no. and like i said above, we only gave out 3 contract extensions and one for he who must not be named

Wolf

30 December 2019 Kevin MacDonald signed a new contract to the end of 2020/21 season. Inexplicable.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Roberty

Quote from: Wolf on January 21, 2021, 01:21:50 PM
30 December 2019 Kevin MacDonald signed a new contract to the end of 2020/21 season. Inexplicable.

We got promotion in the playoffs

On 30 December it was far from certain that we would not be in the Championship this season, so he could have been a useful addition to the playing staff

Our season turned round when Hector joined in January.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing !
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy