watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, January 23, 2021, 12:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Well the team selection for the Brighton Cup Tie has to be made with both eyes and mind focused on the match at Brighton next Wednesday. It is essential that we have  our desired team fully fit for the relegation 6 pointer. Therefor tomorrow we should be fielding a virtual 2nd team.

Rodac
                                              Odoi        Hector           Ream       MLM
                                                          Johanson         McDonald
                                                                        Onomah
                                                   Cav.                                        Kebano
                                                                        Kamara                                                                       

Classic94

Rodak
Bryan, Ream, Hector, Odoi
Lemina, Johansen
Jasper, Onomah, Kebano
AK

Twig

We know AK is not the answer as our main striker so I'd leave him on the bench. I think this is the ideal opportunity to see whether Mitro can be effective in our new system. So, whichever players SP selects I'd like to see our typical five across the back with Mitro leading the line.

Asotosyios

I don't think Johansen, MLM, Seri or McDonald will wear again a Fulham shirt for the rest of the season, at least. They were not included against QPR and Parker didn't even select one of them against Chelsea, so that we have 9 players on the bench.

Rodak
Odoi - Hector - Ream - Bryan
Lemina - Onomah
Kamara - BDR - Kebano
Mitrovic

St Eve

We should go for this. We have two good draws which we can win and we are in the last 8 I think. United and Liverpool play each other and Arsenal are currently losing. Other premiership scalps will be taken in the next 2 rounds.

filham

Quote from: Asotosyios on January 23, 2021, 01:12:06 PM
I don't think Johansen, MLM, Seri or McDonald will wear again a Fulham shirt for the rest of the season, at least. They were not included against QPR and Parker didn't even select one of them against Chelsea, so that we have 9 players on the bench.

Rodak
Odoi - Hector - Ream - Bryan
Lemina - Onomah
Kamara - BDR - Kebano
Mitrovic
Sorry , Mitro and Lemina needed for Wednesday and are to be wrapped in cotton wool until then.

RaySmith

True - if we want Mitro to feature  v Brighton, then he could get injured if he plays tomorrow.
Not the best preparation for him anyway.

Probably not good to have anyone playing  who might be ibn Wednesday's squad, so that includes AK, Lemina, Bryan, maybe Onamah.
But then, we have to put a reasonable team out, so some might play.

Whitestone

I think tomorrow is a great opportunity for Mitro. If he plays and scores it would be a great confidence boost ahead of the big games in front of us. He hasn't been a regular starter of late so I'll be very surprised if he doesn't start tomorrow.

Fulham 442

Quote from: filham on January 23, 2021, 12:23:26 PM
Well the team selection for the Brighton Cup Tie has to be made with both eyes and mind focused on the match at Brighton next Wednesday. It is essential that we have  our desired team fully fit for the relegation 6 pointer. Therefor tomorrow we should be fielding a virtual 2nd team.

Rodac
                                              Odoi        Hector           Ream       MLM
                                                          Johanson         McDonald
                                                                        Onomah
                                                   Cav.                                        Kebano
                                                                        Kamara                                                                       

I don't fancy our chances with that lineup but I think it unlikely anyway....

Bill2

May be I am being cynical but wonder if the Burnley team will be made up of reserves with the instruction to kick s*(( out of the Fulham players. But again I am rather cynical.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Whitestone on January 23, 2021, 03:27:29 PM
I think tomorrow is a great opportunity for Mitro. If he plays and scores it would be a great confidence boost ahead of the big games in front of us. He hasn't been a regular starter of late so I'll be very surprised if he doesn't start tomorrow.
:plus one:

RaySmith

But do you expect him to play tomorrow then on Wednesday?

We Are Premier League

Kebano     Mitro       Kamara
        Lemina    Onomah
Bryan                             Tete
       Ream Hector Odoi
                   Rodak

Whitestone

Quote from: RaySmith on January 23, 2021, 04:16:28 PM
But do you expect him to play tomorrow then on Wednesday?

I don't see why not. He played 3 times a every 8 days on a regular basis in the Championship. He should be raring to go considering his lack of game time recently. Having said that I'm not sure Parker will start him against Brighton anyway.

filham

Quote from: Bill2 on January 23, 2021, 03:46:15 PM
May be I am being cynical but wonder if the Burnley team will be made up of reserves with the instruction to kick s*(( out of the Fulham players. But again I am rather cynical.
We certainly must not expose the players we need for the Brighton match to that risk.

sarnian

Quote from: filham on January 23, 2021, 04:59:38 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on January 23, 2021, 03:46:15 PM
We certainly must not expose the players we need for the Brighton match to that risk.

The problem is a lot of injuries are actually picked up in training. Wrapping them in cotton wool doesn't always work.

HV71

Quote from: Twig on January 23, 2021, 12:40:44 PM
We know AK is not the answer as our main striker so I'd leave him on the bench. I think this is the ideal opportunity to see whether Mitro can be effective in our new system. So, whichever players SP selects I'd like to see our typical five across the back with Mitro leading the line.

Given that this is a Cup game ( and we all know the league has to be our priority ) then surely Twig has got this spot on .

filham

I think that if Mitro is announced in our starting line up tomorrow then it means Parker is again thinking of Cav as the lone striker against Brighton. Surely that just will not happen.

alfie

Quote from: filham on January 23, 2021, 06:30:01 PM
I think that if Mitro is announced in our starting line up tomorrow then it means Parker is again thinking of Cav as the lone striker against Brighton. Surely that just will not happen.
Why would that be the case, he might want Mitro to play to get him match fit and sharpen his senses.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mullers OG

We should put out a strong side with some of our youngsters on the bench.

Rodak

Tete. Hector. Tosin. Ream. Bryan

Lemina.    Onomah

DR.         Mitro.        Kebano

Bench:-  Areola. Odoi. LC. Reed. Jasper Carvalho Tiehi