watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Weather At The Cottage

Started by filham, January 24, 2021, 10:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Snowing nicely in Shepperton for the last half hour, about 10mm of settled snow on the ground now.
What is the situation in Fulham.
Should the Burnley  team be thinking of a quick return trip north.

The Cravenette

Pretty heavy here in South London, not sure if the game will be called off though. Normally pitches are OK and it's the conditions for the supporters that cause issues. That won't be an issue today 😒

alfie

Quote from: filham on January 24, 2021, 10:42:49 AM
Snowing nicely in Shepperton for the last half hour, about 10mm of settled snow on the ground now.
What is the situation in Fulham.
Should the Burnley  team be thinking of a quick return trip north.
Quite heavy and settling fast.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Steven Ageroad

If the weather forecast is to be believed, during the day the snow will turn to sleet and then to rain, in time for the game? Only the Gods know.

Mince n Tatties

Snowing here in Suffolk.. Just been reading about the forecast for coming weeks,predicting coldest February,apparently due to Jet stream turning which is going to bring severe snow drifts and freezing well below temperatures...We will see🤔

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2021, 10:48:28 AM
Snowing here in Suffolk.. Just been reading about the forecast for coming weeks,predicting coldest February,apparently due to Jet stream turning which is going to bring severe snow drifts and freezing well below temperatures...We will see🤔
Hope you have got adequate heating in the shed?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Holders

Here in Devon I woke up to no more than half an inch and it soon turned slushy. It's been sunny since and it's raining now. I doubt if it'll be a problem up there as it's supposed to be the snow that we had moving up and it's not as if the ground is frozen. Hopefully it'll stop by kick off either way.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dr Know

Plenty of blue sky at the moment on the Isle of Wight !

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on January 24, 2021, 10:54:08 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2021, 10:48:28 AM
Hope you have got adequate heating in the shed?

Yes the mistress will keep me warm in there.
Don't tell the wife😉

john dempsey

Quote from: Holders on January 24, 2021, 10:56:59 AM
Here in Devon I woke up to no more than half an inch and it soon turned slushy.

Is that an age related thing

Southdowns White

The Sun has just come out in sunny West Sussex 10 miles from Brighton. No snow just rain earlier after a frosty start to the day.

gang

Just frost in Lincoln,hopefully the snow in London will clear quickly.

filham

It has now stopped snowing in Shepperton but temperature only 2degrees C and snow settled on ground.
If similar at Cottage I suppose with people sweeping the pitch and under soil heating switched on the game could go ahead.

I guess it is going to be one of those late calls by the ref.

WhiteJC

you can see what the weather is like at the Cottage on the FoF "home" page...

https://www.friendsoffulham.com

Lighthouse

Quote from: Southdowns White on January 24, 2021, 11:19:29 AM
The Sun has just come out in sunny West Sussex 10 miles from Brighton. No snow just rain earlier after a frosty start to the day.

A few miles east of Brighton we still have bloody gales and rain. But no snow at all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ianthailand

Was over 30C today in Sangkha, Surin Province. Still 24C at 1845 hrs. Don't miss the snow one little bit.
Only advantage of snow was it made everybodies hair the same colour as mine.
Stay safe everyone.

Woolly Mammoth

It's good sign for Fulham as Woolly Mammoths like snow.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 24, 2021, 11:41:27 AM
Quote from: Southdowns White on January 24, 2021, 11:19:29 AM

A few miles east of Brighton we still have bloody gales and rain. But no snow at all.

These are strange times indeed, we were hoping our caravan site in your neck of the woods, Seaford, would open before Easter but it seems very unlikely before Summer.

Andy S

We only need a month of snow like this and watch the R number wall.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me