watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

State of pitch

Started by spoonffc, January 24, 2021, 03:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoonffc

I've noticed in the last few weeks players slipping over a lot and today the pitch looks a state. - Not up to premier league standard in my opinion, The turf definitely not as good as it has been in the past.

bobbo

Looks like a cow field . Hope they can tidy it back up
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Steven Ageroad

In my playing days that pitch was the norm!

Jules

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 24, 2021, 04:17:53 PM
In my playing days that pitch was the norm!

Haha yeah it was always like that and worse in the old days!

deadcowboys

Deffo not the pitch for a short passing game.

filham

It is mid January and there had just been a snowfall, you can't expect the usual billiard table surface. Same for both teams.

deadcowboys

Quote from: filham on January 24, 2021, 04:59:07 PM
It is mid January and there had just been a snowfall, you can't expect the usual billiard table surface. Same for both teams.

Lets hope the building works haven't affected the drainage at all.

Southdowns White

Do they not cover the pitch with a tent when we have bad weather, yes there had been some snow this morning but the pitch looked like it had just been watered, The surface did nothing for playing football, absolutely killed the ball when it was on the ground. Scott has got to ask some questions about it. Do our staff never discuss the amount of times Fulham players slip over when either turning with the ball or trying to stick to a turning player?  Made an embarrassing performance even worse.

Southdowns White

I did notice on a days highlights programme that both the pitches at our two local neighbours grounds were nowhere near as bad as ours.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

We should never have let our scary looking long haired groundsman retire, the one with the fork & the pony tail - Steve?

He did an ok job with the pitch but the main benefit was that he used to glare @ the opposition during the warm up & @ half time

That frightened the whatsit out of them

grandad

Oh the days when we had to break the ice in the goal mouths at Richardson Evans .
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

Bill2

It was from the snow and ice before it got cleared but what I want to know why it was not covered, someone should be monitoring the weather forecast and seen snow was forecast therefore it should have been covered. This would have meant the pitch was not so wet and therefore allowing a better service to play the sort of football we do. In the end what we got was a very wet surface requiring the ball to be played in the air, a style which suited Burnley. So in my mind we scored an own goal and someone in the Club needs a slap.

milis

Shoot me but I think the pitch condition was largely the cause of our team's poor display. I even think Kamara's shot would roll faster and get inside the goal on dry pitch.

colinwhite

It suited them more than us but its no excuse

filham

The poor pitch could have been a good preparation for the Brighton match, let count our blessings.

LittleErn

As I said on another thread, our players have been slipping for a few weeks now. The pitch yesterday just made it more noticeable. Burnley%u2019s  players didn%u2019t slip. Could it be the footwear? Players should have a variety of boots suitable for different conditions. Do we? Is anyone on the management team responsible for this area? Not that this is any excuse for the inept performance the team put in. As Parker said, we deserved nothing.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: colinwhite on January 25, 2021, 10:40:47 AM
It suited them more than us but its no excuse

I think they adjusted to the conditions better than we did.

Stevieboy

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on January 25, 2021, 10:49:23 AM
The poor pitch could have been a good preparation for the Brighton match, let count our blessings.
Why?  - Take a look at Brighton's perfect pitch on Saturday:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55766748
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.