watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pessimism

Started by Rambler, January 24, 2021, 04:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

I know that was our reserves team and I know the FA cup isn't the be all and end all but with the 2 recent losses in the league, being 5 points adrift of safety and that miserable performance in the FA cup I must admit I'm starting to feel all pessimistic again.

Must be some positives in there to keep us optimistic?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Rambler on January 24, 2021, 04:25:13 PM

Yes....that 11 will never play together again....👍⚽️⚽️🤣
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

RaySmith

Our recent Prem performances against the likes of  Man U and Chelsea.
We've been  well in most games recently - if only we could  learn to convert the chances we create.

bog

In both halves Ream made crass basic errors. He got away with it in the first but the 2nd cost us the penalty. No more starts please.

092.gif 

Sgt Fulham

Football was meant to be a relief from covid. Yeah maybe for Man City fans!! Thankfully our lineup will be completely different on Wednesday. Win that game and all will be forgotten.

FFC1987

Wednesday and everything either turns to poop or looks super encouraging and optimism blossoms. Fingers crossed!

bigalffc

Well this performance was terrible, we do need the first team to step up against Brighton or our season's over
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Twig

Obviously Wednesday is a very different starting 11 but I'm worried that a defeat like this has a negative effect on the attitude and morale of the entire squad.

filham

We have a goal drought and the really bad news right now is that Mitro is not going to get us out of it.

Simply91

Quote from: bog on January 24, 2021, 04:31:45 PM
In both halves Ream made crass basic errors. He got away with it in the first but the 2nd cost us the penalty. No more starts please.

092.gif

What about Hector?!

colinwhite

This could also be a wake up call to in case there was any doubt in the importance of wednesdays game.better that performance came today.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Simply91 on January 24, 2021, 05:01:25 PM
Quote from: bog on January 24, 2021, 04:31:45 PM

092.gif

What about Hector?!

I lost count, at least Ream only made the two I suppose.

filham

That was a rock bottom performance, hard to see how we are going to turn that around enough to bring three points home from Brighton on Wednesday.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 24, 2021, 04:28:39 PM

Yes....that 11 will never play together again....👍⚽️⚽️🤣
Well that is certainly a cause for optimism!!

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: filham on January 24, 2021, 05:20:06 PM
That was a rock bottom performance, hard to see how we are going to turn that around enough to bring three points home from Brighton on Wednesday.

On a positive note, these players were good enough to get promoted from the Championship (some twice). With a bit of quality that league becomes a joke no matter what people say.

LittleErn

Hector was equally as bad as ream in the first half but he improved while Ream conyinued to make basic errors.

LittleErn

On a positive note, RLC made a difference and showed glimpses of his potential class.

Lyle from Hangeland

I know that was our reserves team and I know the FA cup isn't the be all and end all but with the 2 recent losses in the league, being 5 points adrift of safety and that miserable performance in the FA cup I must admit I'm starting to feel all pessimistic again.

There are downs and ups in life. What more can be said? Your spirits will go back up, have no worry.

SuffolkWhite

Let's all start humming the Great Escape tune!? 049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Arthur

Quote from: Twig on January 24, 2021, 04:45:17 PM
Obviously Wednesday is a very different starting 11 but I'm worried that a defeat like this has a negative effect on the attitude and morale of the entire squad.

I worry this may be so, but I wonder whether it has more of an impact on us - the supporters - than it does on the first team. Even those first-teamers who played (and below par at that) will, perhaps, look at the those who came into the side and conclude that today's poorest performers won't be out there to drag them down on Wednesday.