watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea

Started by blingo, January 25, 2021, 01:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

I don't get the hatred. When we were kids there were many times we went to Fulham one week and Chelsea the next. A lot of my old mates are Chelsea supporters and tbh they dont slag us off and us Fulham supporters from Fulham don't slag them off either. Cliffy Deans brother is a staunch Chelsea supporter. We all grew up together and never had any problems.

FFC In Oz

Whatever your feelings on Chelsea, I think most of us will agree that Frank has been very harshly treated.

It was fairly evident that he was taking on a rebuilding job, and though he spent a load of cash in the summer, it was always going to take a little bit of time for all the players to gel and him to find the right combination.

The fact that Tuchel was announced on the same day shows that Roman & co have been plotting this for a while.

Penfold

I grew up in Fulham and went to school with Chelsea supporters. Didn't stop me from disliking Chelsea FC. Back then they had a reputation for violence and extreme racism.

The thing that probably really made me hate them was the number of people I went to school with who were proclaiming their support for FFC in 1982/83 but after Fulham missed out on promotion, and Chelsea got promoted the following season suddenly worked out that they were life long blues and that Fulham were a load of rubbish.

I wish Chelsea nothing but failure.

And yes, that is a long time to hold a grudge 🤣

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 25, 2021, 02:17:25 PM
Whatever your feelings on Chelsea, I think most of us will agree that Frank has been very harshly treated.

It was fairly evident that he was taking on a rebuilding job, and though he spent a load of cash in the summer, it was always going to take a little bit of time for all the players to gel and him to find the right combination.

The fact that Tuchel was announced on the same day shows that Roman & co have been plotting this for a while.
Can't help but think Lampard has been used here. Did well to get them in the champions league last season. The Russian has a history of ruthless sackings so no real surprise. Just wish we could try to close the gap a bit on that lot, rather than be Tony's yo-yo stats experiment. 

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on January 25, 2021, 02:21:24 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 25, 2021, 02:17:25 PM

Can't help but think Lampard has been used here. Did well to get them in the champions league last season. The Russian has a history of ruthless sackings so no real surprise. Just wish we could try to close the gap a bit on that lot, rather than be Tony's yo-yo stats experiment. 

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatal

Agreed on both counts Denzil!

filham

Nice to see Lampard move on and have success somewhere else and Chelsea now get involved in a relegation scrap.

The Rock

I have never really considered Chelsea any more of a rival than any other rivals regardless the tabloids would like to fluff up. I thought Frank actually did pretty well given what he was given. The PL is more difficult and tighter and "better" than I think it has ever been this year. We'll see.

RaySmith

The unfriendliness that i remember about Chelsea from when i was a kid, and  I went there with mates every other week still seems true today.
We  used to hang around after games to to get player autographs, but it was much harder at Chelsea, where they chased us out after the game, compared to the far more relaxed attitude at Fulham.

A couple of weeks ago,  a female Sheff Utd. fan, who is often o the  Adrian Charles 5Live show on Friday mornings, told of recently taking part in a group run  to every  Prem ground for a mental-health charity.

So one weekend, they ran to Fulham, and Fulham treated the whole group of 20 odd people to a slap up meal, and use of facilities. Then they ran up the road to Chelsea, and  Chelsea  wouldn't even let the group in, and gave them nothing.

Says it all really.

Mince n Tatties

Scum the lot of them,from owner down to the tea lady....
By all these posts today about them,think there must be some closet Chelski boys on here.
Away with you now.😡

346 Guests and 140 of us on here at the moment,never seen it for ages.
Chelski Filth looking in to see what we think of them....Feck off to your own forum.😎

Steeeeeeeeeed

When I was about 8 years old and a bit of a Man Utd fan I was taken to a Chelsea Vs Man U game by my sister (a Chelsea fan) and her new husband (a Man Utd fan)...

We sat in the mixed seats, I cheered for Man U a couple of times... Then a middle aged bald bloke with pulsing veins in his head (yes your typical hooligan type) about five seats away stood up and basically threatened to shut me up physically... I couldn't believe it, nor my sister or or husband...it was disgraceful...we left soon after for our safety....and I have hated Chelsea ever since.

Then Abramovic taking them over led to a pretty awful mentality at the club which I have never liked, they seem to have no soul (same with Man City).

cmg

Given the traditional business and political methods of Abramovich and his mates, I feel that Frank was bloody lucky to get away with the sack.

Mince n Tatties

If you read the stuff on their forums when they play us..... Arrogant barstewards putting us down as little boys in the park,and amateur club and all that crap....Hate them with a passion.

Stevieboy

No decent manager was going to take over while the transfer ban was in force.
Fat Frank was on a hiding to nothing.
His days were numbered as soon as the ban finished.

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2021, 03:51:27 PM
If you read the stuff on their forums when they play us..... Arrogant barstewards putting us down as little boys in the park,and amateur club and all that crap....Hate them with a passion.

You obviously didn't read their forum before our recent match.  They were pretty balanced and fair.  Plus, unlike on the Spuds forum, the language was quite restrained.

I get the dislike for the club because of the history of violence and racism during the 70's and 80's.  However, for me at least, it just doesn't mean they are all scum.

blingo

Some sad comments on here

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I dont like Chelsea because, as a whole, their supporters are racist, nasty pieces of work. Their ex captain is a racist, nasty piece of work. I've worked around Fulham Broadway in the past, and them and West Ham supporters were the absolute worst to deal with.
The club is also massively disloyal to their managers.

Hes been treated appallingly by the club, but as I've said above, its no surprise because of their history.
Lampard was a scape goat. He came for the love of the club, but the club bought him in because they couldn't buy anyone. When they did, he didn't have a say, and as a result, the players flopped.

If I was Mason Mount and Tammy Abraham, I'd be worried about my future, but on the flip side, now might be the time to put in a cheeky loan bid for them both.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2021, 03:51:27 PM
Calm down Mince, check your blood pressure! I have never hated or in fact shown any interest in Chelsea, like you I am a lifelong supporter of Fulham so who cares about any other team? I think we should start another thread titled "Other teams don't matter"! Instead of bending a knee perhaps we should raise a glass every Saturday, I could join that!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

keithh

I like Frank, knew Claire at school.

blingo

I'm born and bred in fulham. I'm related to Tony Macedo. First match at the cottage when I was seven and I'm now 64. Most of my mates support Chelsea as I lived in sands end. It was normal to go to each others matches, but I have NEVER supported Chelsea. I hope that might clear a couple of points up for those thinking I might be a closet Chelsea supporter. I'm black and white til I die.