watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your Recollections Of Jimmy Conway

Started by White Noise, December 09, 2010, 03:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Good to see the club doing the tribute to Jimmy below. What memories do you have of the great man from his playing days?

Tribute Dinner

Thursday 9th December 2010

On the Wednesday 5th January, 2011 the Club are hosting a tribute dinner for Fulham Legend Jimmy Conway. Jimmy himself will be at the event as will the majority of the 1975 FA Cup team and other players from Jimmy's time at the Club.

Jimmy rarely gets over to the UK so don't miss this opportunity to spend an evening with him and a host of other Fulham legends. There will be opportunities to meet the players, take photographs and collect autographs.

Space is very limited so please order your ticket(s) as soon as possible to avoid missing out on what will be a fantastic evening.

Format Of The Event

7.00pm – Guest arrival to Craven Cottage Corporate Reception

7.30pm – Three course dinner to be served in the George Cohen Restaurant and Trophy Lounge with Champagne reception, wine and water

9.30pm – Speeches and Q&A in the McBride's Sports Bar

10.00pm – Auction/Raffle prizes to be drawn

10.40pm – Last orders at the bar

11.00pm – Guests Depart

Book your place today!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/December/JimmyConway.aspx#ixzz17co4Jxxv

LBNo11

...if Les Barrett had not dazzled me with his prowess my message board name could have been JCNo7(&8), a fast outside right, very direct and able to change direction very quickly, watching him and my hero crossover and exchange wings and leave defences bewildered as to who should be marking who is a happy memory. His crosses provided many a goal for Steve Earle/Vic Halom etc.,

I do hope he is still able to realise what great esteem he is held by supporters of a 'certain age'.

"We've got Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy Conway on the wing, on the wing"...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

jarv

If I still lived in UK, this is something I would not want to miss. If any of you go, please post a report.

jms

He would always be in my 'best Fulham X1' of all time. Loved him.  :Sparkyticus:

LBNo11

Quote from: jarv on December 09, 2010, 03:46:39 PM
If I still lived in UK, this is something I would not want to miss. If any of you go, please post a report.

I would love to go, and was in fact invited to go a month or so ago before this was official - but the cost is £75!! Sadly too rich for me...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Went to the Legends a couple of years back and that was £50  a ticket,the England match at the cottage was rubbish for the price,  do the club think we all shop at Harrods?

CorkedHat

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 09, 2010, 03:58:39 PM
Quote from: jarv on December 09, 2010, 03:46:39 PM

I would love to go, and was in fact invited to go a month or so ago before this was official - but the cost is £75!! Sadly too rich for me...

Seventy five quid? Bloody hell I'd want him to sleep with me for that.
Jimmy would not make it into my best Fulham team of all time because I don't think he was as good as Leggat on the wing or Robson inside - or alas would he be pushing Arthur Stevens into my reserve team either; but Jimmy Conway would still be in my top twenty Fulham players of all time. He was fantastic to watch and I just hope that this function provides him with the rewards he so richly deserves.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

I surely would have attended had I still been there but 75 pounds? That is a bit harsh for a bite to eat and a laugh about olden days.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I saw him head a goal once.  There can't have been many of those...