https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham investigating......

Started by Baston White, January 26, 2021, 03:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baston White

Craven Mad

Beamer

Very bad if proven but also remember this happened about 16 years ago.

Jim©

I'm not convinced there's much even when you look at the report.

FFCBadger

Steve Kean will be getting a phone call. He was in charge of the academy at this time - regardless of whether he was directly responsible for the actions.

Also, I hadnt really considered how the game is failing kids. Takes a lot of bravery to come out like this, it shouldn't be happening.

Twig

Quote from: Jim© on January 26, 2021, 04:39:07 PM
I'm not convinced there's much even when you look at the report.

Really? why is it not much (potentially)?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Montague

Quote from: FFCBadger on January 26, 2021, 04:57:49 PM
Steve Kean will be getting a phone call. He was in charge of the academy at this time - regardless of whether he was directly responsible for the actions.

Also, I hadnt really considered how the game is failing kids. Takes a lot of bravery to come out like this, it shouldn't be happening.

I think things have changed considerably and duty of care is very high on the academy agenda.

As a Category 1 Academy there will be an huge support mechanism with many employed by the club covering education, well being, athletic development, social and media awareness etc - sometimes it's the parents that drive the football agenda too much by not being realistic and blinded by the bright lights and the kids suffer.

filham

This is not making nice reading. Surely a statement is needed from the club.

hovewhite

Thought all this abuse stuff was in the past after gradi and his staff were alledged to be involved at crewe.
Couldn't see it happening here but nothing surprises me.

Woolly Mammoth

There are at least two sides to every story, we have just read this lads written version many years later.
Never wise to jump to conclusions, and as for Fulham FC they are probably seeking legal advice before making any statement.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

"... Noble does not particularly want to recall these harrowing experiences, yet he is opening up because he knows of more than 150 former youth footballers who have experienced similar things, and wants something to change ..."

This alone makes the story significant.  Who knows what did or didn't happen at Fulham but surely young people need better support than this young man received when he needed it most whoever they are.