watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Something has to change

Started by Rambler, January 27, 2021, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Because we aren't staying up based on that.

Formation
Personnel
Manager

We made Brighton look like Man City.
We've been dominated possession and territory and chances created in pretty much most of our games this year.

We have to start winning games to stay up and we just aren't creating the chances to do that. It's looking unlikely we'll get someone in as a striker and even if we do they need service if they are to score. Absolutely none of that today.

Desperately need a Cairney figure to play in the number 10 role to try and link the forward 3 together. They look so disjointed

Wingnut

Our keeper and defensive unit is good enough to keep us in the division. We are woeful in the final third. We have to get some attacking talent in before the window closes, or we are going down.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

howitis

My patience for Parker has worn thin.

Benitez ?? Could be boring but would probably keep us up and might have some contacts internationally

Southdowns White

How many times did we either put ourselves under pressure with passes in areas where our players had no room or options to pass? How many times did we pass it straight to a Brighton player when under little pressure?

Wingnut

Quote from: howitis on January 27, 2021, 09:28:31 PM

Benitez ?? Could be boring but would probably keep us up and might have some contacts internationally

Benitez would focus on making us hard to beat, and SP has done that, to be fair. Benitez cannot turn RLC or Cav into goal scorers.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Wingnut on January 27, 2021, 09:30:14 PM
Quote from: howitis on January 27, 2021, 09:28:31 PM

Benitez would focus on making us hard to beat, and SP has done that, to be fair. Benitez cannot turn RLC or Cav into goal scorers.
Jesus Christ couldn't turn CAV into a goal score!!!!!!😡😡😡😡
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

roberto w6

Cav really shouldn't play as a central striker again. He is a winger, might (but I'm not sure) be worth trying him as a CAM but definitely not up front.
I don't think Mitro is the answer. He hasn't done it at this level either with us or Newcastle
As we all know, we need a winger and centre forward. Having heard SP's press conference, sadly I think we can be sure that won't happen.
In that case, I'd put BDR there. Is he good enough to keep us up if played in that position? I don't know but he'd certainly be no worse than Cav or Mitro imho.

Why did Tosin and Andersen swap sides today? It didn't seem to work. And playing BDR as a LWB shouldn't be tried again.

Our confidence was shot today which I feared after so many first teamers were selected against Burnley. Today will have done our confidence no good either, we know we were very very lucky.

Let's hope we get back our spirit from the last run of games and we finally get a win against WBA.

Bassey the warrior

We need a striker badly. Parker got it wrong tonight but sacking him would be a bad move.

Brawn

Tony Khan needs to go. Did we do any preliminary transfer work prior to 1 Jan? Evidently not, and how many players are we currently linked with? One?

roberto w6

Warrior: I agree totally on both points. But I think today's press conference was pretty much confirmation that nobody is coming in.
We have to jig things around with what we've got to try and maximise points.
As you say, SP got it wrong tonight but we should stick with him