watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheff Utd

Started by Bassey the warrior, January 27, 2021, 09:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

2-1 up at Old Trafford with 10 mins to go. Played well but got a jammy second goal. We just didn't get the luck and they have. I worry this could boost their morale and they could go on a bit of a run.

Mince n Tatties

After the way we've played last two.
We might finish bottom.🤔

bill taylors apprentice

You get the luck when you take a risk or two.
We rarely take a risk when attacking.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Sgt Fulham

What a crazy league. It would take a miracle from them for it to make any difference though.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 27, 2021, 10:00:55 PM
After the way we've played last two.
We might finish bottom.🤔
Could well be on the cards, but we need to lose to the Baggies at the weekend and that could happen!

Mince n Tatties

Manure are in a false position,results
of others went their way since Xmas.
They want win the league.

Fulham Tup North

Sheffield Utd win at Old Trafford.....2-1.....😱
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Rambler

Goes to show have a bit of courage, grit and determination and a willingness to have a go and you can beat the best in the league.

Mince n Tatties

The Great Escape is on...lol
Steve McQueen come on down.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 27, 2021, 10:17:20 PM
The Great Escape is on...lol
Steve McQueen come on down.
There is light at the end of the tunnel, Steve McQueen and co found it!!

Bill2

Maybe I am a lot biased but fed up with our lack of getting some ref decisions in our favour while other teams seem to get them in spades. Sheffield's first goal should have not been allowed their number 10 was in De Gea's back when he was in mid air and was clearly a foul.  If not can someone please tell me why not? Peter Bankes again, he is really poor.

General

Quote from: Bill2 on January 27, 2021, 11:57:49 PM
Maybe I am a lot biased but fed up with our lack of getting some ref decisions in our favour while other teams seem to get them in spades. Sheffield's first goal should have not been allowed their number 10 was in De Gea's back when he was in mid air and was clearly a foul.  If not can someone please tell me why not? Peter Bankes again, he is really poor.

Sorry but whilst I get this attitude I don't see what it does or how it helps us. Simply we should be playing well enough that these refereeing decisions don't matter. We can't throw our toys out of the pram and curse our luck and wallow in self pity. Its time to create our luck by being more aggressive both tactically and in the way we play. Its great our defence is better but we've got 5 defenders not including our GK which makes over half our team which is ridiculous, especially given the amount of shots Brighton had today and our inability to score at the moment. Sheffield utd have done that today and beaten man utd and have now got the same amount of wins, albeit at a more frequent rate recently  as us and if they continue to pick up points we could very well end the season at dead last.

RaySmith

WE just need to keep going,  forget what others are doing - they're all bound to pick up points along the line,  being  teams with the quality to be in the Prem in the first place. Just as  other teams will start to unexpectedly  fall away.

I thought a point was good at Brighton, who  came very close to getting a point at Man City a couple of weeks ago. We rode our luck, but defended heroically too, and came so close in the final minute.

That we  hung in there and didn't collapse, as we would have done earlier in the season, shows how far we've come. Brighton are no  pushovers.

WBA will also be a tough game  at the weekend, no doubt about it.  We have no inherent right to go these places and win. All these sides have  decent players, and are well organised, and fighting for their survival just like us.
But we have the spirit in the side, and quality to get something from this game, and to stay up whatever  happens there.

COYW!!!!

FFC In Oz

It is worth nothing that Sheff Utd have now won twice since our last win @ Leicester

filham

There are three of us in this relegation fight, no more than one is going to escape.

FFC1987

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 28, 2021, 08:51:46 AM
It is worth nothing that Sheff Utd have now won twice since our last win @ Leicester

Hmm, it does to the form table. They've added 6 points in last 5, we've added 3, both have had reasonably hard fixtures but they have made ground which was probably inevitable. Its more pressure on us as if they keep climbing, there could be 2-3 of us who can catch Newcastle/Brighton/[insert anyone else you think might drop a lot of points]. Having the gap over Brom and Sheffield was great because it was only us who realistically would get out of this mess increasing our chances.

I guess things are still irrelevant until we start winning games however....

Bill2

Quote from: General on January 28, 2021, 12:30:15 AM
Quote from: Bill2 on January 27, 2021, 11:57:49 PM

Sorry but whilst I get this attitude I don't see what it does or how it helps us. Simply we should be playing well enough that these refereeing decisions don't matter. We can't throw our toys out of the pram and curse our luck and wallow in self pity. Its time to create our luck by being more aggressive both tactically and in the way we play. Its great our defence is better but we've got 5 defenders not including our GK which makes over half our team which is ridiculous, especially given the amount of shots Brighton had today and our inability to score at the moment. Sheffield utd have done that today and beaten man utd and have now got the same amount of wins, albeit at a more frequent rate recently  as us and if they continue to pick up points we could very well end the season at dead last.
While incidents in other matches shouldn't effect us I just want to see us getting a few of the rub of the green in these circumstances. We are being punished all over the pitch, penalties given for very dubious challenges or blatant dives, goals disallowed for no apparent reason. I could accept this if someone could justify the decisions but we as fans are not entitled to any explanation by anyone including FFC. We are in a desperate situation and all I see are poor decisions which go against us and our rivals around us getting decisions you know would not happen to us.

davew

Bill2 we are where we are due to our inability to score goals and not because we think the whole world is against us and there is a conspiracy by football officials or the Premier League to victimise us. I seem to recall that we have been awarded penalties only to miss them, perhaps had we been awarded another 6 penalties we might have scored another goal from one of them, who knows. We cannot rely on getting the rub of the green or sympathy from the officials to get out of the relegation fight, it must come from the team who need to show more quality in the end 1/3 of the pitch.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 28, 2021, 10:59:36 AM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 28, 2021, 08:51:46 AM

Hmm, it does to the form table. They've added 6 points in last 5, we've added 3, both have had reasonably hard fixtures but they have made ground which was probably inevitable. Its more pressure on us as if they keep climbing, there could be 2-3 of us who can catch Newcastle/Brighton/[insert anyone else you think might drop a lot of points]. Having the gap over Brom and Sheffield was great because it was only us who realistically would get out of this mess increasing our chances.

I guess things are still irrelevant until we start winning games however....

Exactly.  Talk of catching Newcastle/Palace/Brighton is wishful thinking until we learn how to win games.