watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Strikers

Started by Bassey the warrior, January 27, 2021, 10:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Is there a single other team in the league that only have one striker? Sheff Utd and Burnley have four and even then they don't score enough.

We are somehow thinking we can get by with one and of course he's not been playing.

FFC In Oz

What does Parker see in Cav that we don't? It's baffling.

Also, can someone explain to me why BDR played at left wing back and Bryan was left on the bench? 

Why does SP insist on playing BDR anywhere but up front (i.e. his natural position) whilst Cav continues to start game after game...

hovewhite

Would start kebano over cav every time. BDR play him in a front 3 as wasted at the moment.

Sting of the North

We have two, three of you count BDR, and four if you count Cav. I don't think the number of strikers is the problem but the quality and form of them. Sheffield United and Burnley have strikers mostly of Championship quality anyway, which is one of the reasons they don't score much either.

aaronmcguigan

You can put any amount of strikers in the squad, but if you dont set a formation and tactics to their strengths (Mitro), play them anywhere but in attack (BDR),  have them in the squad as nothing more than a disruptor substitute to run around when the opposition are tired (AK47) or persist with the one you keep picking who delivers poor performances in an attacking sense and hope it will change (Cavaliero)

Theres no sense in bringing in anyone else until we make decent use of the ones we currently have. Mitro needs support and service, BDR needs to be played in a decent focal point position, Cavaleiro needs a rollocking and finishing training, and AK47 actually needs some coaching and development .
The only reason we improved from September to now is recruitment. Im all for bashing the owner when they dont recruit , but when are the coaches at the club going to focus on developing the players we have currently into better ones. You can't just stick with one formation because it stops goals being conceded, you need to work on players mentality, focus, development and attacking sense to do more than just not concede goals.

Whitesideup

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 28, 2021, 12:23:03 AM
What does Parker see in Cav that we don't? It's baffling.

Also, can someone explain to me why BDR played at left wing back and Bryan was left on the bench? 

Why does SP insist on playing BDR anywhere but up front (i.e. his natural position) whilst Cav continues to start game after game...
Because BDR is better than Bryan at left wing back.

WindyCity

IDK, I am losing hope.  I see a sinking ship in FFC.  I wonder if even we could acquire a striker if it would make much difference at this stage?  How good would that player really be?  Would/could he start running from the get-go, or would there be a period of time needed for gelling/bedding in with the teams' strategies and game plan?  Time is running out for such a player acquisition, but FFC really needs someone with proven scoring ability and anything less is just not gonna change what we've been seeing to date.  I wish I could be more optimistic, but I could easily see a 0-0 or 1-1 or even a loss this Saturday.  Which would likely seal the teams' fate.

filham

Our strikers in my own  order of preference  are Mitro, Kamara, Reid and Cav. Our problem is finding one better than any of these four who wants to play for us and who we can afford. Not an easy task but you would have thought a good trawl though the lower divisions would come up with a likely candidate.

TC's Sporran

I'm sure someone whom he respects has given sp advice along the lines of sticking to your guns dont keep changing your mind/team every 5 minutes etc.

re cav

Mullers OG

Good to see our former striker, Kasami, banging in the goals for Basel. Both Woodrow and Rodallega having good seasons as well.

ScalleysDad

It seems only an amalgam of all four of the named strikers will give us what we need. However without the ability to do that we are always going to fall short of a goal machine, or even a goal threat.
BDR has a bit of guile about him but did anyone notice him in the Brighton box last night? Probably not because he was dwarfed by their back four. He did get one header in but any threat in that scenario would have to come from playing the ball on the ground. Enter Cav. So often he does the hard stuff with a bit of speed and close ball control and then it goes to pieces. People are calling for Mitro based on some mystical physical prowess. That seems to have faded away to be replaced by hitting the ground with contact. I must have watched a couple of alternate universe games lately as against Chelsea his only header was as soft as until it took a deflection and last night his header went to the keeper and by the way would have led to a meltdown had it been Cav or AK. So then there is AK. Bulldozer comes to mind and beside the occasional pass that finds its target bulldozer is all I can think of.
Mitro gets the most mentions based on what he used to do but he missed much of the play off run in, part of this season and then was dropped as his lack of mobility and physical presence was alarmingly clear to see. Last night he galloped along for about twenty metres and then looked for contact before hitting the turf. He then looked knackered. Add the header I mentioned above and I really fail to see where he made the difference as mentioned elsewhere.
There are of course mitigating circumstances for the likes of BDR, playing out of position springs to mind, but on the whole any one of the Burnley and Brighton front four would be more of a threat for us than we currently have. I just hope the West Brom forwards are not firing on Saturday.
TK found Anderson and Tosin out of the blue so perhaps perhaps perhaps.

Twig

Quote from: filham on January 28, 2021, 06:29:36 PM
Our strikers in my own  order of preference  are Mitro, Kamara, Reid and Cav. Our problem is finding one better than any of these four who wants to play for us and who we can afford. Not an easy task but you would have thought a good trawl though the lower divisions would come up with a likely candidate.

Do you not consider Kebano a striker? Just interested.

Asotosyios

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on January 28, 2021, 02:15:07 PM
You can put any amount of strikers in the squad, but if you dont set a formation and tactics to their strengths (Mitro), play them anywhere but in attack (BDR),  have them in the squad as nothing more than a disruptor substitute to run around when the opposition are tired (AK47) or persist with the one you keep picking who delivers poor performances in an attacking sense and hope it will change (Cavaliero)

Theres no sense in bringing in anyone else until we make decent use of the ones we currently have. Mitro needs support and service, BDR needs to be played in a decent focal point position, Cavaleiro needs a rollocking and finishing training, and AK47 actually needs some coaching and development .
The only reason we improved from September to now is recruitment. Im all for bashing the owner when they dont recruit , but when are the coaches at the club going to focus on developing the players we have currently into better ones. You can't just stick with one formation because it stops goals being conceded, you need to work on players mentality, focus, development and attacking sense to do more than just not concede goals.

+1

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: WindyCity on January 28, 2021, 03:45:04 PM
IDK, I am losing hope.  I see a sinking ship in FFC.  I wonder if even we could acquire a striker if it would make much difference at this stage?  How good would that player really be?  Would/could he start running from the get-go, or would there be a period of time needed for gelling/bedding in with the teams' strategies and game plan?  Time is running out for such a player acquisition, but FFC really needs someone with proven scoring ability and anything less is just not gonna change what we've been seeing to date.  I wish I could be more optimistic, but I could easily see a 0-0 or 1-1 or even a loss this Saturday.  Which would likely seal the teams' fate.

A sinking ship? Are you for real??

Jesus. I've read it all on this board now.

WindyCity

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on January 29, 2021, 06:05:57 AM

Hilarious!!  Now that's really funny!  I guess in your world, two wins over the course of a half seasons' worth of football represents a Juggernaut!  Wow!  My goodness, I've seen it all on this board now!  It takes all kinds I suspect, but on occasion a respite, some comic relief.  Hilarious!

FFC In Oz

Quote from: WindyCity on January 29, 2021, 03:13:09 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on January 29, 2021, 06:05:57 AM

Hilarious!!  Now that's really funny!  I guess in your world, two wins over the course of a half seasons' worth of football represents a Juggernaut!  Wow!  My goodness, I've seen it all on this board now!  It takes all kinds I suspect, but on occasion a respite, some comic relief.  Hilarious!

I agree with WindyCity.

I'm not sure where people on this board are getting their unfounded optimism and belief in this side from.

We now haven't won any of our last 9 matches, and scored only 4 goals in that time.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

It's not unfounded optimism, we are not a sinking ship.
We have a new stand being built, we're not massively in debpt.

We are so far from being a sinking ship, just because we haven't won more than two game. Get over yourselves.

Twig

Quote from: hovewhite on January 28, 2021, 07:53:25 AM
Would start kebano over cav every time. BDR play him in a front 3 as wasted at the moment.

Totally agree with this.