News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Areola the best keeper in the league?

Started by blingo, January 27, 2021, 09:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

jayffc

Definitely will be at a top club next year. Unless we stay up and have the right to sign him without competition, in which case he'll be at a top top team the year after!

Slaphead in Qatar

Milo

One of.. definitely.

Feel his strengths are positioning.. as it then makes his saves look easy when in fact it's all about angles and the fact he puts himself in the perfect place to make a comfortable save.

Tonight, he made a conscious effort to come for crosses and it made a huge difference. Clearly a change he's been working on in training as previously he would stay on his line.

Now he comes for crosses.. he must be one of the best.

Bassey the warrior

On form yes. He's just been unbelievable and so consistent.

Pluto

Probably only Allison better than him. Tragic that we have an option on him that we'll probably never be able to take because we'll be in the Championship. Could be an absolute legend here and we'll likely never even get the chance to see him line up for us in the flesh.

Woodlawn

His distribution is top rank,and unlike others he does it quicker,

Sgt Fulham

I'd imagine that he is in the top 10 in the world, and top 3 in this league.

bobbo

He's so good for sure . I can't think of any prem keeper any better. His reaction save are second to none.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Steeeeeeeeeed

I think he is in the top 4 or so, but at Fulham he is getting loads of chances to show how good he is more so than other top keepers.

He is been fantastic, but at a top half team he may just seem to be a pretty good keeper.

FFC1987

Tough one. He's been outstanding but has also made a few silly mistakes recently that led to goals. I think he'll go on to much bigger things, probably next year, and we've been extremely lucky to have him, but theres some great keepers in this league.

blingo

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on January 27, 2021, 10:59:39 PM
I think he is in the top 4 or so, but at Fulham he is getting loads of chances to show how good he is more so than other top keepers.

He is been fantastic, but at a top half team he may just seem to be a pretty good keeper.

In a top half team he wouldn't have to work so hard but he is just so so good when he has to be.

We Are Premier League

Sounds like he really wants to be the nr1 GK in his club and that he wants to stay in London. I think he will stay if we stay up but i think both the lot down the road and Wet Spam could give him a big offer if we go down.

FFC In Oz

I thought this myself watching today's game.

There are a few keepers in the league with similar reputation, but on form Alphonse surely has to be in the discussion.

Also, consider the fact that likes of Ederson & Alisson have a lot less to do most weeks, Alphonse is under almost constant pressure at times.

AJW48361

His a good keeper for sure and he appears to think and work hard on his game.

mancwhite

A very good goalkeeper but has made more mistakes than Pope at Burnley for instance that have led directly to goals
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Tempest

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 27, 2021, 11:05:34 PM
Tough one. He's been outstanding but has also made a few silly mistakes recently that led to goals. I think he'll go on to much bigger things, probably next year, and we've been extremely lucky to have him, but theres some great keepers in this league.
Crikey, name a goalkeeper who hasn't made a few mistakes, and don't forget he's at fulham,  any premier league winning goalkeeper would have a lot less to do, better defenders in front of them and still they make mistakes.

Mistakes are part and parcel, its how you respond and he has responded well, Pickford for example, is continuing to make errors and is England's number 1.

He has been nothing short of magnificent for us

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

RaySmith

He follows the modern tendency to punch and push away rather than  catch the ball, but usually get the balls  away from  immediate danger, and has saved us a lot of goals, and rescued us from defeat on  numerous occasions.

He's worth a few points a season.

filham

Someone may suggest another keeper who is as good as Areola but there can be no dispute that he is the most worked.

FFC1987

Quote from: Tempest on January 28, 2021, 08:38:20 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 27, 2021, 11:05:34 PM
Crikey, name a goalkeeper who hasn't made a few mistakes, and don't forget he's at fulham,  any premier league winning goalkeeper would have a lot less to do, better defenders in front of them and still they make mistakes.

Mistakes are part and parcel, its how you respond and he has responded well, Pickford for example, is continuing to make errors and is England's number 1.

He has been nothing short of magnificent for us

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Did you read my entire sentence who just the start as I was incredibly complimentary of him and said how lucky we were to have him! I was just pointing out that he made a few key errors recently which might put him on current form, slightly away from the best keeper in the league. For what its worth, I think he'd fit like a glove for Chelsea or United or most champions league clubs but was just trying to be balanced.