Main Menu

Tom Cairney is the missing link

Started by perry geyton, January 28, 2021, 06:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

From turning draws into wins
I've been saying it for ages now, get him fit ASAP

perry geyton

And he can score goals too, play him behind a striker In a further forward position

Southcoastffc

Rose tinted glasses:
PL Appearances   52
Goals   3
Assists   2

Yes, we need a midfield controller and he's the one we have. Is he THE one to save us?  Maybe, but maybe not.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

BestOfBrede

Quote from: perry geyton on January 28, 2021, 06:10:40 PM
From turning draws into wins
I've been saying it for ages now, get him fit ASAP
0001.jpeg

filham

Cairney is a favourite player of mine and that sweet left foot should result in him scoring goals at a reasonable rate. Have to admit though that perhaps the premier league demands someone faster and more physical. Very brave of Parker to leave him out of starting elevens and it did seem to benefit the team.

Would love to see a fit Tom Cairney return to the team with a top performance and a couple of goals.

Whitestone

I'm not so sure that TC is the missing link but he is definitely missed, maybe not as a regular starter but at the very least he gives Parker another option.

ALG01

tom in this team would be  great thing but without a forward line it is all academic.

TC's Sporran

clear  man of the match v west brom and i dont buy into this not good enough for the prem one size fits all
against certain teams he will be good enough to unlock games

against other, better teams thats when you can say he's out of his depth and fall back on rlc's magic.
not every prem team is man city quality
and the west broms of this world are the teams where 3 points are up for grabs.

where were the posters saying +1 when he had a run of 3 or so games despite a knee injury where he was premiership class?

posters on here have selective memories to suit their agendas

its funny to see the posters who dislike tc give rlc praise at the drop of a hat and then go mia when he underperforms.

tc probably wont play again till easter anyway through injury and only then from the bench

Simply91

TC definitely has had his moments this season - he was class against West Brom, West Ham and scored a worldie versus Crystal Palace.

I would also argue that he is the clubs biggest legend in the last 4-5 years.

Deserves another opportunity to prove himself (and I back him to do so!)

Twig

Quote from: ALG01 on January 28, 2021, 08:15:40 PM
tom in this team would be  great thing but without a forward line it is all academic.

True, not much good having a midfield creator if there's nobody to thrive on the supply.After seeing TC run into form earlier this season I now have no doubt he is Prem quality. I'm less sure about Mitro sadly, although I still think he needs a chance simply because there are so few alternatives,

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on January 28, 2021, 10:39:24 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on January 28, 2021, 08:15:40 PM

True, not much good having a midfield creator if there's nobody to thrive on the supply.After seeing TC run into form earlier this season I now have no doubt he is Prem quality. I'm less sure about Mitro sadly, although I still think he needs a chance simply because there are so few alternatives,
Yeah well maybe Mitro needs Tom On the pitch to be at his best...

In my opinion the haters are small minded, all this he's not good enough nonsense I don't know where it comes from,  when TC is playing well he is easily prem quality and then some..
he needs a run of games and his confidence back.

Areola

Aina/Tete
Anderson
Tosin
Robinson

Reed/lemina
Anguissa

Cairney

Lookman
RLC/AK

Mitrovic

perry geyton

Quote from: Whitestone on January 28, 2021, 07:28:06 PM
I'm not so sure that TC is the missing link but he is definitely missed, maybe not as a regular starter but at the very least he gives Parker another option.
He's not a bit part player, he needs to play consistently to be at his best

fancyfeet4

I think we have been blinded by how bad we look.  Cairney is the king of playing square or negative passes.  He doesnt have enough of a cutting edge or engine.  He is a "tweener" player to me and a great Championship level guy, but not good enough for the Prem.

Statto

I'd definitely have him in the team against the likes of Brighton, West Brom et al

He's somewhat a 'luxury player' who doesn't do enough with or without possession against the better teams, but he can absolutely dominate Championship and bottom 6 PL opposition

ex-Pat

FFCBadger

Possibly but it's all academic isnt it as he's long term injured - if we see him again this season I'd be suprised