watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Girlfriend or Fulham?

Started by 3 Cherries, January 30, 2021, 08:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Not to put a nail on your coffin but I imagine if she's upset and going home because you're watching a football match then it's probably either something that's deeper routed or not just a one off.

Regardless it's probably best to consider how you may have been behaving vs what she wants. She's obviously annoyed and you're doing something wrong for her.. she obviously likes you otherwise she wouldn't get annoyed and also be in a relationship with you. You've got to find the balance. For what it's worth if it was for someone I cared about then I'd drop the football for a game and be present.. especially if your gf doesn't live with you.

Its a good thing she wants to engage with you and dropped things to leave in the sense that she wants to do more and have more from her life and a relationship. You've got to take responsibility for where you're at, how much the relationship means and how you find a balance.

Logicalman

Quote from: 3 Cherries on January 30, 2021, 08:40:28 AM
My girlfriend came over last Wednesday evening and was unimpressed as my gaze kept drifting over toward the monitor where the Brighton Fulham match was showing - without sound.
She popped to the loo so I turned the volume on (fairly low) and when she returned was even less impressed and decided to go home?
Should I have turned the football off?

You need to get lucky and find a suitable gf that both loves sport and in particular footie, but not a rival. Harmony reigns. Either that or make sure you don't arrange to see her when Fulham are playing (washing hair, Jury duty, older relative in hospital and needs a visit, if you get he drift)   :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

blingo

Fulham. You can always find another girlfriend, but there's only one Fulham.

clarkey

You both need your own interests...and should respect that. But you really should keep Fulham fixtures clear of this sort of clash. You will lose both if you double book.

Dr Know

It has to be Fulham or I'd be in trouble with my wife !

Dodgin

Decision time, it won't improve.

Andy S

You have to look at it from her point of view. There may have been other things that she could have been doing but she gave them up to be with you. And was not happy that you had not been willing to give up the football to be with her. Make a bit more of an effort next time.you could always record the game

Tempest

I'd absolutely question your feelings for her. If that awful performance was still distracting you then I think you seriously need to consider your relationship!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!