watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Girlfriend or Fulham?

Started by 3 Cherries, January 30, 2021, 08:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

My girlfriend came over last Wednesday evening and was unimpressed as my gaze kept drifting over toward the monitor where the Brighton Fulham match was showing - without sound.
She popped to the loo so I turned the volume on (fairly low) and when she returned was even less impressed and decided to go home?
Should I have turned the football off?

Slaphead in Qatar

No you have to watch the game. But you shouldn't have double booked yourself.

Milo

I said I had to work last minute for the Wednesday midweek game last week. You just have to sell it.

Finnans Right Peg

A girlfriend that loves you should also love Fulham .not a keeper that one  :bump:

ianthailand

So you score as often as Fulham.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: ianthailand on January 30, 2021, 09:27:45 AM
So you score as often as Fulham.

Bet you score like Man City judging by your log in name

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Has to be the Girlfriend as she will give you far more pleasure.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

EricB

Sgt Fulham

ffcne

Quote from: 3 Cherries on January 30, 2021, 08:40:28 AM
My girlfriend came over last Wednesday evening and was unimpressed as my gaze kept drifting over toward the monitor where the Brighton Fulham match was showing - without sound.
She popped to the loo so I turned the volume on (fairly low) and when she returned was even less impressed and decided to go home?

A football match only lasts 90 mins and there  maybe 2 games a week.
So 3 hours a week that you cannot do something you want to do.
Id tell her to do one if she disagreed.

I was going to say you could tell her watching Fulham is good for your
mental heath during this pandemic .
But think it is probably having the opposite effect on us Fulham fans at present
COYW

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 30, 2021, 09:46:25 AM

Yes but for how long? A match lasts for 90 mins.....   :022:

ALG01

I hate to bring this up but in lockdown should your girlfriend have even been there?

Given that the answer is yes, you need to think about your poriorities with her. If she doesn't like football then try to make sure you do not 'double date,' but make sure she knows when you are watching so as to not comprimise the relationship.

it's a shame we cannot go to live games because that atmosphere is a great way of introducing people to the game.

Southcoastffc

Yes. Or not had her round.  Or get her to buy into football and Fulham.  "my gaze kept drifting over" = you're not as important as what's on the screen. (Which is fair enough, but you're setting yourself up for trouble)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andyb

Only thing you can do is find a gf who is a fulham fan...

Fulham 442

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 30, 2021, 11:02:01 AM

Yes. Or not had her round.  Or get her to buy into football and Fulham.  "my gaze kept drifting over" = you're not as important as what's on the screen. (Which is fair enough, but you're setting yourself up for trouble)
Good post Southcoast.  I think it is a very difficult situation but the crux of the matter is is she  into football or not?  From the OP my guess is not and there is not a lot you can do to change that so in future I think best to explain that although you would love to see her normally Fulham are playing and you want to watch the game.  I don't think that is unreasonable.  Out of all my girlfriends not one of them likes football and think my passion for it is slightly weird, but I was taken to CC by my father as a young girl and got hooked.  He also tried that with my Mum but less successfully as when it started raining she wanted to go home!  Needless to say it was her one and only game!

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 30, 2021, 09:46:25 AM
Until you marry her!

HV71

Certainly not a keeper. More of a sub when you are most in need !
To be a bit serious - you have to be able to follow your other passions that make you the chap you are. The trade of is likely to be the hours you will spend looking around shoe shops with her in her endeavour to find the exact colour to match her new handbag !
( it's remembered pain on my part - I will be okay in a minute )

filham

This is a serious problem that needs sorting. Important that you establish that all matters Fulham take priority. It has to be "Yes Dear " to everything else in exchange of course.

sunburywhite

You could always look to play away from home
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me