I would like to say

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 30, 2021, 07:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Cav took his goal well, from a fabulous Reed cross

Somerset Fulham

Not a bad pair of substitutions, that.

Arthur

He looked lively and took his goal well.

Must have earned himself a start next time out.

General

Quote from: Arthur on January 30, 2021, 07:26:12 PM
He looked lively and took his goal well.

Must have earned himself a start next time out.

Haha.. as an impact sub. Not a starter. And as a winger, not a centre forward.

FFC1987

That cross from Reed was beautiful. I mentioned him recently and said he needs to add another element to his game if he wants to push on. Deliveries like this is certainly that. His progression under Parker, is absolutely something you can give Parker credit for.

filham

We should have scored so many goals in the first half but I suppose the two that we did score in the match were good and have to be looked upon as positives to take from the match.
Two of the same again next week would be welcomed.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 30, 2021, 07:06:54 PM

Then on a couple of occasions killed an attack with his overdribbling. With his speed and strength if he would just play direct, then either shoot or cross he'd be such a better player. His goal is an example. Outran Gallagher and smashed in the header. No thinking, no dribbling, just reacting.

FFC In Oz

The cross made the goal, brilliant cross by Reed.

Cav is better when he plays on instinct and does things without controlling the football, once the ball is in his possession that's when he tends to second guess himself, run in to trouble or stumble over his own feet.

AJW48361

I thought Lemina looks a class player.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 30, 2021, 07:06:54 PM

You're right on the money. Brilliant cross, Reed showing Robinson how to do it. Outstanding header, that's two now. Seems Cav is better with his head than his feet.

bog

Sour grapes Sam Attaprice said they conceded a poor equaliser....  :022: It was a superb cross and a fine diving header. One thing is that we do finish strongly in games, keeping going to the end. The last time we were in this league we would have lost.     

092.gif

Southcoastffc

Am I right in thinking that had Cav not scored we should (would?) have had a penalty because Mitro was wrestled to stop him getting to the cross?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jim©

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 31, 2021, 09:38:03 AM
Am I right in thinking that had Cav not scored we should (would?) have had a penalty because Mitro was wrestled to stop him getting to the cross?

100% he was literally just chucked to the floor. What a passage of play though.
We should have won at a canter, but you can't deny a decent spirit in fighting back.

bill taylors apprentice

I have said previously that our biggest problem offensively is the timing and delivery of the ball into the danger area.

Keeping the ball and rotating it around the pitch is fine with me but we over do it and waste opportunities to put pressure on the opposition and make them turn, make decisions that will lead to goals.

Our goals were a case in point, the first was quick feet, moving the ball and catching the opponents flat and the second an even better example of an early ball that had the defenders turning and not in control.

Had Cav not scored we may of had a penalty as the defenders were panicked by the delivery of the cross.
Unfortunately we generally waste many opportunities in a game to do this by slowing everything down and fail to deliver a decent and dangerous ball.

We Are Premier League

And we didn't start crossing the ball until the last 15 min...should have tried to mix it up and do that earlier