watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Odsonne Edouard -Celtic

Started by Worcesterwhite, January 31, 2021, 05:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worcesterwhite

Always thought he would have been brought by a prem club by now, would like us to make a move for him, Celtic not got a lot to play for this season now so may be open to offers.

Thoughts

Arthur

Can we afford him? Won't Celtic want upwards of £20M for him?

Will he come? Not unless, were we not to survive, he's prepared to accept Championship football next season - which I doubt.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Arthur on January 31, 2021, 05:42:41 PM

Will he come? Not unless, were we not to survive, he's prepared to accept Championship football next season - which I doubt.

Championship is a stronger league

davew

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 31, 2021, 05:45:52 PM

And we have chance of winning a lot of games!

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Deeping_white

Think they want £30m for him and as good as he is, that would mean he's way out of our price bracket currently.

Worcesterwhite

No harm in a loan to purchase, offer a decent loan fee plus obligation to buy for £20m if we stay up

AJW48361

Liverpool signing on loan Preston C/H Ben Davies.

Wingnut

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 31, 2021, 06:27:28 PM
Think they want £30m for him and as good as he is, that would mean he's way out of our price bracket currently.

That can't be true. That'd be a new SPL transfer record. Doubt that there has been a dozen transfers in the history of the SPL that have been > £10m. VVD went for £11m, if I remember correctly and he was a big player for Celtic.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Woolly Mammoth

Surely it's a step up for him coming from Sunday morning football level to Fulham FC, if he is ambitious he should jump at the chance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Wingnut on January 31, 2021, 07:09:08 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on January 31, 2021, 06:27:28 PM

That can't be true. That'd be a new SPL transfer record. Doubt that there has been a dozen transfers in the history of the SPL that have been > £10m. VVD went for £11m, if I remember correctly and he was a big player for Celtic.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/odsonne-edouard-celtic-transfer-latest-22600551 - albeit this was the summer but they wanted a fortune then

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

They can get champions league tho.

Arthur

It is. But this doesn't mean he's going to want to play there.

More likely, in my opinion, is that he'll only want to leave Celtic for the guarantee of Premier League football beyond the end of the season.