watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think we’re going down...

Started by sonnyjim, January 31, 2021, 09:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonnyjim

7 points below Brighton after their win tonight and even though we do have a game in hand are we really expecting to beat Leicester on Wednesday?

Out of our remaining games I can't see where we're even gonna get 7 points from. 3 from Sheffield united and perhaps 3 from Burnley.

SouthIslandWhite

It's over. Stick a fork in the season, it's done. We will be relegated.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

LittleErn

With no sign of a striker I'm afraid you are right!

Mince n Tatties

Cauley Woodrow incoming 8 million🤔

MaximusDecimus

Although Reid scored against West Brom playing a back 5 was and is a big mistake. Against Brighton we were toothless up front and with an extra striker against West Brom I am certain we would have had it won by half time. Parker has to go all in now. I feel hes been far far too negative just for his pride and now its almost certainly too late. Aina has to be dropped as Mitro now plays and Robinsons weakness is his crossing which Bryan is far superior at .

HV71

Where is Ray Smith when you need him?
I need someone to tell me that everything is going to be tickety boo - that we will be fine . A new striker is at Motspur Park and it's going to be 22 degrees tomorrow and the pandemic is over.

FFC1987

Yep, who'd of thought it.....Now its about finishing with some grace because we're buggered.

The Rock

I think the team is/was good enough to stay up with 14 points from 12-13 games but we started the season at game 7. It's too bad the Kahn's couldn't be bothered sooner.

Other teams have been pushed to take their chances. We've pushed to draw.

I think we will go down, and sadly, I think this team is excellent. Perhaps the best to get relegated.

In 2007/8 with Roy you believed. This team is better. I don't believe.

Why?

Maidstone Lee

Mentioned in another thread I was hopeful going into the West Brom game that we could still get out of this but unfortunately not now. Will just try to enjoy seeing the players together before it's broken up at the end of the season. That and a few good ales.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Fulham Tup North

I am one of those people who believes (maybe wrongly) that as long as we have games left and a chance, I shall keep hoping and keep the faith.... madness I know, but let me have my dreams.... at least for now......
COYW ⚽️⚽️❤🥰
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Bassey the warrior

Agree, Brighton deserve to stay up as well.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HV71 on January 31, 2021, 09:37:28 PM
Where is Ray Smith when you need him?
I need someone to tell me that everything is going to be tickety boo - that we will be fine . A new striker is at Motspur Park and it's going to be 22 degrees tomorrow and the pandemic is over.

Last time I saw Ray he was heading for Beachy Head with a Bottle of Bells Whisky in one hand, and a Smith & Wesson Revolver in the other hand.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Plodder

Most supporters are natural pessimists, so we are looking at solely through a Fulham prism. Judging from other supporter sites, most of those supporting the five clubs above us still think they are deep in a relegation battle. If we swapped points, games played and places with Brighton now, would those who say "it's all over" be saying the same? I think not. It would be comments along the lines of Brighton being just four points behind if they win their game in hand and how potentially they could go on a good run.  I don't think it is anywhere near over.  Can't be bothered to think about a precise estimate, but instinctively, I reckon we have a 30% chance of staying up.  18 games to be played is far too early to talk of it being impossible.  Win six, draw six. lose six would get us to 38 points.  Odds against it happening, but it's scarcely the same odds as finding Elvis on the moon.

The Rock

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 31, 2021, 09:54:58 PM
I am one of those people who believes (maybe wrongly) that as long as we have games left and a chance, I shall keep hoping and keep the faith.... madness I know, but let me have my dreams.... at least for now......
COYW ⚽️⚽️❤🥰

Let's hope SP will take his chances.

Big and little Sam went for it, SP can too.

Fulham1959

A fine example of Sod's Law - "If anything can go wrong, it will".  At least we did better than Spurs !

. . . and only one more chance to do a 'double', on Wednesday.

Clebi

I refuse to accept that we are down already. Two years ago we did not have prayer of staying up because we had not defensive shape to the team and were killed match after match. Now we are competitive in every match we play. Our defense is actually very good, our midfield decent but we "just" can't transform opportunities into enough goals. We need to find the goals and for that we must play Mitro more as he brings so much more than just a goal threat to our attack.
An awful 20 min stretch against WBA cost us dearly, but most team has a slow patch in a game and their goals also came with two unlucky deflections. I still cannot believe we did not win as the much better team. But I think there are three teams worse than us and Brighton is far from being one of them, so as such I am not too upset with their win today. SHU, WBA and Newcastle (despite them looking decent against a lethargic Everton) are objectively worse than us. I don't think it is beyond the realms of the possible for us to catch Newcastle. But if we don't, so be it, despite losing some of the players on loan I think we have a squad that can bounce back yet again. 
Biggest fear I have right now is TK panicking and sacking of Scotty. I think he has done a good job and hope he gets to continue as I believe there is logic in how he is building the team and how we play. I am extremely fearful of another Lawrie Sanchez or Felix Magath coming in. Not Scotty's fault that we had a super short time after Wembley to build a Premiership team - we all knew that the team that came up would not cut it and there was only 5 weeks to get the most urgent part in shape which was the defense. It seems that took all the time we had, but we got it right. In order to get goals we must find a way to play Mitro now, even in matches where we need a faster player for defensive structure. He adds so much to our attack, as we could see Saturday.
Keep the faith and remember 2008.
Stand up if you still believe!
COYW!

Bill2

Other clubs have got shock results so we have just got to hope we get some. I thought we have been a tad unlucky against a number of clubs recently. Maybe I am the infernal optimist but will always hope until it is mathematically impossible.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Bill2 on January 31, 2021, 10:27:21 PM
Other clubs have got shock results so we have just got to hope we get some. I thought we have been a tad unlucky against a number of clubs recently. Maybe I am the infernal optimist but will always hope until it is mathematically impossible.

What Bill2 said, it looking like relegation but it ain't over yet.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Dodger53

We are not unlucky, we are one of the worst teams in this division.

Dodger53

Quote from: Fulham1959 on January 31, 2021, 10:09:37 PM
A fine example of Sod's Law - "If anything can go wrong, it will".  At least we did better than Spurs !

. . . and only one more chance to do a 'double', on Wednesday.
We can still get the double over Burnley. Haha 😂