more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Started by Milo, February 01, 2021, 06:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on February 01, 2021, 11:25:12 AM
Not sure if this has been posted (or of any reliability) - Notts Forest in for Kevin McDonald according to Football Insider

Would free another place & wages?
We have offered him a coaching role, was reported ast week was weighing up that or moving on a free. BUt doesnt free up a place in the 25 as he wasnt in it. Squad size is irrelevant to a degree it is who is in the 25

Nero

Not sure if this has been posted (or of any reliability) - Notts Forest in for Kevin McDonald according to Football Insider

Wouldn't  free up a space as wasn't in the squad to begin with

JoelH5

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 01, 2021, 11:12:02 AM
Quote from: filham on February 01, 2021, 10:09:05 AM
Quote from: Hoppus on February 01, 2021, 08:24:18 AM
Quote from: Rj Fulham on February 01, 2021, 07:31:58 AM
1356141564364345344[/tweet]?s=19]Invalid Tweet ID?s=19[/url]
Yes please, but he is close to Southampton they say.

Josh King has been waving his hands out of the window for the last month, have we only just noticed.
I know Bournemouth supporters who have clubbed together to pay for the taxi to drive Josh King here  .. or anywhere to be fair.

That is because of his attitude not ability as he has refused to play much in the Champ apparently. Southampton fans said the same about Lemina and he's been spot on. Everton fans said the same about Lookman. Can't fault his attitude.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JoelH5

Quote from: Nero on February 01, 2021, 11:27:46 AM

It would help from a FFP perspective.

Holders

20 MINUTES AGO
Fulham negotiating loan of Josh Maja
Foot Mercato and Sky Sports report that Premier League side Fulham are seeking to negotiate a deadline day loan of Nigerian attacker Josh Maja, the deal would not include an option to buy. The talks are complicated by the fact that Fulham need to get another player out in order to the deal, per the report, but manager Scott Parker absolutely wants to add a striker before the January window closes.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

junior white

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 01, 2021, 11:28:33 AM

true but not by much, given we have no income (outside of TV revenue and march) i am suspecting what ever funds we had is reduced. KMAc is on what 20-30k a week max, saves a 1 to 1.5 million whilst helpful not massive in the context.

There are other players we should off load as well., but then you have planning for next season to take into account.

I reckon we will get a loan in at thats about it

JoelH5

Quote from: junior white on February 01, 2021, 11:33:07 AM

true but not by much, given we have no income (outside of TV revenue and march) i am suspecting what ever funds we had is reduced. KMAc is on what 20-30k a week max, saves a 1 to 1.5 million whilst helpful not massive in the context.

There are other players we should off load as well., but then you have planning for next season to take into account.

If clubs' revenue has been massively effected by Covid, which it has, surely FFP rules should be relaxed this season.

keithh

Will keep dipping in until the end of the day of course but get irritated by the clubs' "must get a striker in" revelation as it's been so long coming it has become a norm that all fans just say it but don't really expect it to happen.

Pluto

Would rather not have more loans unless there's an option to buy. At this point we need players who will fight for the shirt.

junior white

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 01, 2021, 11:37:09 AM

If clubs' revenue has been massively effected by Covid, which it has, surely FFP rules should be relaxed this season.
You would expect, but nothing has been mentioned / confirmed about that and as we all know the PL and the EFL are hardly proactive in anything

Statto

The only revenue we're not getting is gate receipts, £10-15m, so if KMac is indeed on that salary it would cover 10% of the shortfall straight away. So it might be significant. Personally think the impact of Covid is overstated. 90% of income for smaller PL clubs like us is TV money and that's still coming in.

As an aside, personally I don't think KMac is cut out for coaching. Good servant, decent attitude, but technically very limited and a bit of a clown.

Friendsoffulham

JoelH5

Quote from: Pluto on February 01, 2021, 11:44:16 AM
Would rather not have more loans unless there's an option to buy. At this point we need players who will fight for the shirt.

Would you not say Areola, Lookman or Andersen fight for the shirt?

RaySmith

Loan players usually have a lot to prove.

If their club  put them on loan, then their position at the club can't be that secure, so they have a lot to prove both to their parent club, and maybe to the club they are loaned to -  where they might actually want a permanent contract.

I think the loan players at Fulham   could well feel very motivated to keep the club in the Prem, good for their CV and reputation, compared to being part of a relegated team, and they might also want a  contract at a Prem club where they are appreciated and  pretty sure of a first team place.

The Swan

Fulham in talks with Bordeaux over loan deal  for striker Josh Maja.

Is this a new opportunity for us to get a striker in today. Anyone know anything this player.
The Swan

junior white

Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2021, 11:49:22 AM

The only revenue we're not getting is gate receipts, £10-15m, so if KMac is indeed on that salary it would cover 10% of the shortfall straight away. So it might be significant. Personally think the impact of Covid is overstated. 90% of income for smaller PL clubs like us is TV money and that's still coming in.

As an aside, personally I don't think KMac is cut out for coaching. Good servant, decent attitude, but technically very limited and a bit of a clown.
I had similar views but apparently he is very good with the younger lads and has helped develop them and transition them into the first team, the club apparently value that

Re TV revenue yes at the start fo the season, in a regular season we wouldn't have every game on so that is an extra income, but again it isnt the usual fee it is slightly lower than that this season

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on February 01, 2021, 11:51:11 AM

..and does this free up a spot in our 25??  The Maja article states we need to lose someone first, before we can sign anyone?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

junior white

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 01, 2021, 12:12:17 PM

..and does this free up a spot in our 25??  The Maja article states we need to lose someone first, before we can sign anyone?
Yes as he was in the 25

Maidstone Lee

Yeah MLM is in the 25 man squad
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: junior white on February 01, 2021, 12:13:00 PM

Yes as he was in the 25
Excellent, I thought so, but he never plays.....
This would suggest that Maja is .ore likely then.... let's hope he can hit the ground running... Still a chance 🤞🤞🙏⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"