https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Started by Milo, February 01, 2021, 06:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: DevonFFC on February 01, 2021, 08:52:54 AM
And we should close this thread now
Leave it alone, it will look after itself and go out like the proverbial damp squib this evening.

filham

Quote from: Hoppus on February 01, 2021, 08:24:18 AM
Quote from: Rj Fulham on February 01, 2021, 07:31:58 AM
1356141564364345344[/tweet]?s=19]Invalid Tweet ID?s=19[/url]

Yes please, but he is close to Southampton they say.

Josh King has been waving his hands out of the window for the last month, have we only just noticed.

junior white

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 01, 2021, 10:04:06 AM
Quote from: JimOG on February 01, 2021, 09:11:16 AM
Quote from: junior white on February 01, 2021, 08:49:33 AM

Apparently Southampton (in talks deal involving Shane Long), West Ham, Everton, Newcastle and ourselves are interested.

This is one we must miss out on....he's as deadly as a dodo

Shane is also now 34 years old - he's not our saviour
Don't think anyone was, as part of the king deal Bournemouth may get Long

junior white

JoelH5

MAJA IN LOAN TALKS

Fulham in talks with Bordeaux over a loan deal for striker Josh Maja.

However, it is not easy deal to do as it is thought Fulham may have to release a player first. Fulham boss Scott Parker has said he wanted to bring in a striker in this window.

Maja has scored nine goals in 20 league starts since joining Bordeaux from Sunderland in January 2019.

Release someone then. There are plenty that could go, or.. loan out MacDonald to Forest.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC1987

Surely Johannson and Seri leaving on loan opens up the books a little for a loan striker?

bobby01

If we should sign 120000 a week josh king an average player, then I think there is no hope for us as a club. It will be a monumental error of judgment and common sense.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Statto

Would rather we didn't sign a quality striker now to be honest. We needed one a week ago. Another 2-4 pts dropped since then just like at the start of the season due to the delay signing a CB. If we sign a striker today it will be a waste of money and just show that lessons still havent been learned despite this problem recurring year after year after year. If we're going to keep signing players on deadline day it should be on the understanding that we're signing them for next season, not this one.

JoelH5

Quote from: bobby01 on February 01, 2021, 10:41:51 AM
If we should sign 120000 a week josh king an average player, then I think there is no hope for us as a club. It will be a monumental error of judgment and common sense.

I think Josh King is quite a good player to be fair. I'd be happy with him. Remember, Seri's wages were probably not too far off that and a large chunk, if not all of them are now covered by Bordeaux. Think of it this way. Who would you prefer to have for the rest of the season. Seri or King? That's a rhetorical question...

junior white

Quote from: bobby01 on February 01, 2021, 10:41:51 AM
Been reported this morning those wage demands are incorrect and it is in the region of 60-70k, but who knows.

I always wonder about players and why they dont score. Is it a case of wrong style of football to suit them etc or is it them or is it personal. As it works for players at some clubs but not others.

Anyway him or Maja would be ok, bot that I know too much about either but we do need another striking option

Slaphead in Qatar

Josh can ask for 120k a week but he's not going to get it from anyone in this market.

jayffc

Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2021, 10:43:49 AM
Would rather we didn't sign a quality striker now to be honest. We needed one a week ago. Another 2-4 pts dropped since then just like at the start of the season due to the delay signing a CB. If we sign a striker today it will be a waste of money and just show that lessons still havent been learned despite this problem recurring year after year after year. If we're going to keep signing players on deadline day it should be on the understanding that we're signing them for next season, not this one.

Contrary to seeming belief of some, we are not relegated with 18 games still to play, is it a big ask, sure, made bigger by Brighton's unexpected win at spurs but with a game in hand there is plenty of time for more twists and turns. I'd be flabbergasted if we just gave up with half the season left to play. Unless it's an FFP thing and were in real trouble, for sure we need support up top. Plenty of teams in the past have made up 5-8 points on other teams over the course of half a season. We should have been 3 up against brighton were it not for being more clinical. A new striker/winger with a bit if confidence in themselves  could make a big impact still.

Not writing us off yet. Were not at the great escape levels just yet and we managed that so it's not all lost.

JoelH5

By what time would someone need to sign today to be able to play on Wednesday?

junior white

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 01, 2021, 11:04:27 AM
By what time would someone need to sign today to be able to play on Wednesday?
Used to be midday the day before the game, so as long as they sign today i think they are ok

jayffc

https://youtu.be/-Y55pAbwiJw

Josh maja interview from about 8 months ago,mentions here very briefly he had a good time here 'good coaches, learnt alot at fulham and still speak to some of the boys there.'

Perhaps that'll have some swing in him wanting to head back to london.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: jayffc on February 01, 2021, 10:56:53 AM
Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2021, 10:43:49 AMPlenty of teams in the past have made up 5-8 points on other teams over the course of half a season. We should have been 3 up against brighton were it not for being more clinical.
I do hope you mean we should have been 3-0  up against West Brom? We were awful against Brighton.....👍
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Whitesideup

Quote from: filham on February 01, 2021, 10:09:05 AM

Josh King has been waving his hands out of the window for the last month, have we only just noticed.
I know Bournemouth supporters who have clubbed together to pay for the taxi to drive Josh King here  .. or anywhere to be fair.

Bracken White

If we have to shed someone, I imagine it'll be Le Marchand - superfluous to requirements, I'd suggest. Maja does have pace, so will enhance the squad. Was the big hope for Sunderland a couple of years back & as reported, played for FFC as a youth.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

FulhamStu

I want player who will be here next season, probably in the Championship !

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Not sure if this has been posted (or of any reliability) - Notts Forest in for Kevin McDonald according to Football Insider

Would free another place & wages?