watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

5 out and 1 in

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 02, 2021, 12:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Or is it, 1 in and 5 out....wonder what the tea leaves were saying about Mr Josh Maja.... Welcome to Fulham Mr Maja, we look forward to your help in keeping us up

General

It's nothing against Josh who i hope does well.. but strikes me as very odd to get rid of kebano and kamara to bring in a player who is younger and has less track record. Kebano did well for us.. kamara has power and pace which can be an asset if he passes properly.

Slightly at a loss with this.. we all knew we needed more attacking players and we're arguably in an even worse place than when we started. Dumbfounded.

ALG01

he is very welcome and hope he is way better than his best of clips on you tube that are not that good.

Sgt Fulham

Let's all pretend that he is going to set the world on fire based on absolutely no evidence. We should all be thankful for such an inspiring signing to back ourselves in the race for survival. I'm glad we're not meekly surrendering and accepting failure as a proud professional football club with history and tradition.

Look, I will support this guy and bear him no bad feelings at all. I hope he makes me eat my words and is our saviour. But it is unlikely, and stating that doesn't make me a bad fan. I expect better from our owners.

Andy S

Last week people on here were saying we should bring in the kids.This guy has come through the ranks, gone away to a big side and now rejoined us. Let's give him a chance. I'm not knocking Kamara but he was never going to get much better. He had speed but little else. I wish him well

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 02, 2021, 12:11:26 AM
Let's all pretend that he is going to set the world on fire based on absolutely no evidence. We should all be thankful for such an inspiring signing to back ourselves in the race for survival. I'm glad we're not meekly surrendering and accepting failure as a proud professional football club with history and tradition.

Look, I will support this guy and bear him no bad feelings at all. I hope he makes me eat my words and is our saviour. But it is unlikely, and stating that doesn't make me a bad fan. I expect better from our owners.

Bordeaux gladly swapped Josh Maja for Jean Michel Seri, because Seri is better in Ligue UN than Maja. And, Maja is better than Seri in the Premier League, it's good business but its not transformational.

JackHamlet90

Don't understand Parker saying we need options in attacking areas then we loan Kamara & Kebano.
Kamara fair enough now Maja has come in but Kebano was one of our only natural wide players so makes little sense to me

hovewhite

A total bizzare last day window even by TK standards.

FFC In Oz

I'm so confused I don't even know where to start.

G_Gribby

A money saver from TK. Wrestling is expensive.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

H4usuallysitting

I'm thinking he'll do a good job for us - he'll have a point to prove

keithh

I guess I wished for more as a sign of commitment and helping us out of the bottom three but I must have faith in those that manage my club as they know far more than I do in how to be successful.

junior white

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on February 02, 2021, 06:30:47 AM
Don't understand Parker saying we need options in attacking areas then we loan Kamara & Kebano.
Kamara fair enough now Maja has come in but Kebano was one of our only natural wide players so makes little sense to me
I think both make sense, game time would be limited for them both, neither are (if we are honest) prem standard for starters.

Kamara, blistering pace and strength but to inconsistent in his finishing, can play wide has the odd good moment (or game in the championship) but still inconsistent.

Kebano is again just too inconsistent, when we came up last year had 3 good games in a row, but aside from that it was a couple of good games and then some poor ones.

From a financial point of view, squad size point of view and for the players them selves it makes sense.

As it did with MLM as well, I also heard that Hector rejected a loan move to Derby (not sure if that is true)

With Onomah and Maja coming into the 25 i think that leaves us 1 space to fill

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

We've got rid of AK who just ran around quickly, in now real direction and didn't have a footballing brain. He was OK. Not good enough to keep us up though. As with Kebano, I'm not sure why he's been allowed to go though. He was a decent player and did well for us. Has been a good servant, cracked on and never complained. Maybe thats it "can't offer you premiership football, so out of respect we'll let you go and play and bring you back if\when we go down". The others were just taking up wage bill spaces. So I'm not that unhappy with who has gone.
However, I get Josh is "coming home" and arguably has a point or two to prove, but one striker just isn't enough.
When I saw we were in a race with Everton for King, I knew we'd lose out. They'll be in contention for Europe and we're in a race to survive.

To play devils advocate though, thats part of the problem. We cant sign proven goal scorers, if other, more attractive clubs like Everton come in for them as well. So we have to put our faith in what we now have.

davew

Quote from: keithh on February 02, 2021, 11:12:57 AM
I guess I wished for more as a sign of commitment and helping us out of the bottom three but I must have faith in those that manage my club as they know far more than I do in how to be successful.
Really, don't under estimate your own ability!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

itombomb

I can understand loaning one of them out, I don't get loaning both out.

We have a problem with midfield and Cairney's injury, but I'd rather both be in a matchday squad than Onomah.

Dodgin

As we never got Eze, hope Josh does well.

Sting of the North

This "Kamara has no footballing brain" has to be up there with some of the most ignorant regurgitated nonsense I see on this board. It is like it becomes true for some posters just because they keep repeating it. I have seen no evidence of Kamara lacking footballing intelligence more than half the players of the squad. Take Lookman for example, for every good move he makes the wrong decision a couple of times, but yet I don't see people questioning his footballing intelligence to the level of saying that he lacks a footballing brain. In my opinion Kamara is at least a half decent squad player in the PL, and a fairly good starter/very good squad player in a top half Championship team.

Another strange thing is people keep repeating that Kebano has been so good for us, when he arguably has been a non-factor for 95 % of his time here. He seems a likeable guy, but I feel that he is remembered almost entirely because he happened to string together a couple of good games in a row after 3 years doing almost nothing (although also given few opportunities). In my opinion he is a squad player in the Championship, and unlikely to have any impact above that level other than the occasional lightning strike. In his defence he has rarely gotten to play in any sort of regular manner, but that also shows that neither Joka, Ranieri or Parker has rated him above any of Kamara, Aluko, Ayite, Sessegnon, Vietto and others. With that said, maybe if he had gotten more chances he would have flourished, but that would have surprised me slightly.

But the above is of course just my opinion and I am no expert and neither do I see these players day in and day out in training. On the pitch in actual games Kamara has however almost always been preferred by our coaches, but both he and Kebano has respectable points return if playing time is taken into account. Kamara is the only one of the two that has actually managed to score in the PL though.

filham

I alwayd felt that Kebano and Kamara deserved more game time and am sorry to see them leave.
However they obviously didn't have the qualities that Parker was looking for.
Parker seems to have settled on a 5-3-2 formation and now has Mitro,Cav.,Reid and Maja to fill the two front places, that seem sound to me, just hope Maja can hit the ground running and proves more capable at scoring goals than those that have left.

Porthogs FC

Yikes. We had 5 too many players to register, so we unloaded 5 and brought one in on loan; the one in on loan is likely better than any of the 5 that went out. So we literally have a better team now than when we started January. To accomplish that, while being 7 points adrift, is a good window. The ones out on loan are off the salary books, and getting much needed playing time, and should they come back to us next year when/if we're in the championship, we will be all the better for it as they will have played, and not sat on a bench.

Additionally, I'd bet that when/if we go down, we're selling Anguissa, Seri, Mitro, and perhaps a few others. We have a reasonably good squad to go down with, that could accomplish auto's this time.

And we're keeping Scott, who is constantly learning.

I, for one, think this was a great January window.