watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why the Kebano Kamara love in?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 02, 2021, 08:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Half this board is suddenly having withdrawal symptoms regarding these 2 players leaving.

Neither of them have played much this season and when they have they have not contributed anything.

Taking Kamara as a case study - this season he has missed a sitter at the end against Wolves I think, given away a pen vs Liverpool and I think he also got sent off in a game. On the plus side he's made the odd run and gone past a player once in a while. I won't miss him.

Come on people - put your big boy/girl pants on.

F.luke

Never want to see Kamara in a Fulham shirt again. Neeskins is an ok championship squad player which we will need next season unfortunately

SuffolkWhite

Agree with the OP, both have served Fulham well but are not Prem players, also SP was not picking them even if they were Prem quality so makes sense to ship out and try someone new.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

RaySmith

They are  only on loan, so can be brought back to the club.

70sPimlico

Neeskens, on his day, possibly is premier quality. The players that have got out have probably gone to their true level at this moment in time.

Quite a few posters on social media berating TK and up in arms for letting go players that they believe are quality, they love and believe should be in the team helping us now and telling him he doesn't know anything about player abilities.

Without seeing any irony

Andy S

Words are easy but what are they based on

Bassey the warrior

No love for Kamara but I think Kebano was underrated and underused by Parker. Not a world beater, but he can beat his man and knows where the back of the net is. If Maja hits the ground running it won't be a problem though.

Slaphead in Qatar

This window was always going to be more about trimming the bloated squad and saving money on wages for the rest of the season. TK did that well.

Yes we need more goals , and TK had an offer accepted for Josh King but the player chose Everton. Nothing that TK could do more regarding King.

Craven Mad

I'm a fan of Kebano, but agree that he wasn't too near the first team and think a loan's for the best. His set pieces might have bagged us some points mind, but I think Championship is probably his level.

Kamara isn't my favourite player. Too erratic, too emotional and, whilst pacey and an occasional threat, is limited by his technical and mental limitations. Whenever he's on for us, I always think he's more likely to lose us a game than win it, which isn't ideal for a striker...

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Yes you would want Kamara by your side in a bar fight but he will never be Premiership quality. He should never have been taken back after the disruption & trouble he caused. He isn't a loss in any way.

Feel a little sorry for Kebano who gave us so much especially the goals in our run in last season. Wish him thanks & well.

As for King the jury is out. He hasn't done much of late. Lots of doubts about his attitude & commitment. Chose to join a bigger club so therefore no loss to us @ least until he proves otherwise.

At least Maja wants to come back to us. A point to prove? Again the jury is out so give him a chance. Wouldn't it be wonderful if he turned out to be the new Louis Saha!
Bag a hat trick on his debut on Wednesday v Leicester, a double for us & a start of our survival run

After all we are on lockdown 8 so what can possibly go wrong?

alfie

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on February 02, 2021, 09:51:49 AM
Yes you would want Kamara by your side in a bar fight but he will never be Premiership quality. He should never have been taken back after the disruption & trouble he caused. He isn't a loss in any way.

Feel a little sorry for Kebano who gave us so much especially the goals in our run in last season. Wish him thanks & well.

As for King the jury is out. He hasn't done much of late. Lots of doubts about his attitude & commitment. Chose to join a bigger club so therefore no loss to us @ least until he proves otherwise.

At least Maja wants to come back to us. A point to prove? Again the jury is out so give him a chance. Wouldn't it be wonderful if he turned out to be the new Louis Saha!
Bag a hat trick on his debut on Wednesday v Leicester, a double for us & a start of our survival run

After all we are on lockdown 8 so what can possibly go wrong?
He can't play on Wednesday so I hear, had to be registered before midday yesterday.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bobby01

Tbh whatever our views on kebano, Parker obviously does not rate him. Apart from the cameo at the end of last season he has hardly played him.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Whitestone

Neither player has ever been a regular first choice starter whether that be in the Championship or the Premier League. There is a reason for that. I'm not going to labour the point because it should be quite clear to anyone who has seen them play.

wolfie

I think they both have their arguements for and against but to be honest they should be bench players at most 100% in prem.

We Are Premier League

Agree with the Op, neither have been good (or had much of a chance) this season. Good call to send them on loan as it gives them a chance to get minutes and we might get a better player back for next year, and we will save a few quid.

With Tete back we might see Reid in a more attacking role at times.