watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Patrick Roberts

Started by bog, February 02, 2021, 09:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I see Pat has been loaned out yet again this time to Derby. Perhaps Wayne will get the best out of him. I hope he does.

092.gif

Andy S

Pat Roberts is a prime case of having his  head turned too soon

bog

Exactly. I think Kit Symons held him back too much. Perhaps if Slav had been here then perhaps he may have progressed better.

092.gif   

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on February 02, 2021, 10:05:44 AM
Exactly. I think Kit Symons held him back too much. Perhaps if Slav had been here then perhaps he may have progressed better.

092.gif   

Very very difficult to fit in an emerging talent when every game is so important Captain.
Remember one game at The Cottage where Kit had started Pat and he began very brightly, however the senior pro's in the opposition gradually ragdolled the lad and when eventually replaced looked battered and bruised and completely spent.
Still follow Pat, so thanks for the update.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

I had really big hopes for Patrick Roberts, I even went as far as to suggest he was the best prospect we had seen since Haynes.
Yes I know he was lightweight but I am still baffled as to why he is not playing for a top club.

Bill2

I was really impressed with him when a junior but going to a bit club as he did you know you will not get a sniff of an opportunity.  Sad as he had fantastic acceleration and was very aware of what was happening around him.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 02, 2021, 10:24:25 AM
Quote from: bog on February 02, 2021, 10:05:44 AM

092.gif   

Very very difficult to fit in an emerging talent when every game is so important Captain.
Remember one game at The Cottage where Kit had started Pat and he began very brightly, however the senior pro's in the opposition gradually ragdolled the lad and when eventually replaced looked battered and bruised and completely spent.
Still follow Pat, so thanks for the update.

Part of the learning curve I suppose. Sadly those who offer a very skilfiull contribution can be targeted by those more heavy booted especially when young. I hope he comes through with the Rams.   

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Reminds me of Paul Brooker, similar style and qualities, even though it was against lower division teams.
Sad that after he broke his leg he never really came back.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Lordedmundo

Probably one of the most skillful players we've had - I remember his cameo at Norwich a few years ago where he and Matt Smith came on late as subs and helped make the scoreline a bit more respectable.

Unfortunately, he has an incredibly slight build and even looking at recent pictures of him in a Middlesborough shirt - he still looks like a pre-pubescent teenager (apart from the dodgy facial hair)!

H4usuallysitting

We could probably get him back on a free

filham

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 02, 2021, 07:48:15 PM
We could probably get him back on a free
The question is would there be a place for him on our bench. I suspect not as in our critical position Parker can't risk pure talent unless it caries with it brawn and pace.