watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time will tell

Started by colinwhite, February 02, 2021, 10:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

18 matches to go. We are not down . We have a solid defense a tight group ,and have got rid of a lot of dead Wood in the squad. Ive no idea if Maja is up to the task or notor if he will be cover from the bench.

We have drawn matches we would liked to and should have won.Not had the best of luck either.

Is everythig doom and gloom ?  No ,now its time to get behind the team and manager for the rest of the season.

Woolly Mammoth

I am not in the Doom and Gloom Department yet. As I feel that we have a fighting chance. Leicester City tomorrow and West Ham United on Saturday will both be challenges we have to meet head on.
Perhaps after playing both of them and it will be interesting to see how we measure up, and perhaps after these two matches may indicate whether our chances have improved or not.
Bearing in mind we have beaten Leicester once already on their patch, and can we do it again, that's a big ask. Also away to West Ham only a last minute penalty miss stopped us from getting a well deserved draw.
So I suppose any result is possible with both these matches at the Cottage, but we will have to be firing on all cylinders to have a fighting chance of maximum points, then again it is going to be like that for every remaining match, no room for error now or any passengers in the team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: colinwhite on February 02, 2021, 10:22:12 AM
18 matches to go. We are not down . We have a solid defense a tight group ,and have got rid of a lot of dead Wood in the squad. Ive no idea if Maja is up to the task or notor if he will be cover from the bench.

We have drawn matches we would liked to and should have won.Not had the best of luck either.

Is everythig doom and gloom ?  No ,now its time to get behind the team and manager for the rest of the season.

IMO Exactly right in all respects.  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Beamer

With no Vardy and possibly / probably (according to several reports) up to 5 other players unavailable there would be no better time to play them. They will be smarting at the way they played against Leeds so will probably be looking to make amends. If we keep it tight and give them nothing early maybe just maybe we can get the result we need.
It would be typically Fulham to have 17 points from 21 games and for 6 of them to have come from the side currently 4th in the table.
So fingers crossed then.

filham

Well we have another attacker ,which we all said was needed and we have a tight defense, all of our games have been tight so it is possible that things could still be be changed. I for one am right behind Parker and this team, it is the best team we have had for a long while. Whether it is good enough to get us away from relegation remains to be seen.

Slaphead in Qatar

We beat Leicester and Brighton lose away to Liverpool then we are 4 points behind with 1 game in hand.

It can all change quickly. I just hope after West Brom disappointment the lads are up for it against Leicester. In a way it's lucky we are playing a team we have already beaten this season - it should give the lads some confidence.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Leicester are a good side, they're gonna cause us problems. But no Vardy is definately gonna give us a little chink of light. We need to go into the games to try and win. Well, not try, just win...

clarkey

We actually do not have an extra attacker. If you do your sums we have one less attacker than we had last week It's just we have swopped a player we don't know for one like AK47 who is fast, has been under played and puts in a shift or Neeskens who is skillful, scores goals everytime he plays at the moment pretty much, and can put in a shift

Against that we have someone who we have already rejected once at youth level and has not set the game alight anywhere.

We would have been better getting rid of Hector and Cav if we needed to reduce the wage bill for FPP.But our over cautious coaching staff decided to ditch two attackers rather than one of numerous spare defenders we have.And we are out of the cups, we need goals and wins !

colinwhite

Quote from: clarkey on February 02, 2021, 03:17:45 PM
We actually do not have an extra attacker. If you do your sums we have one less attacker than we had last week It's just we have swopped a player we don't know for one like AK47 who is fast, has been under played and puts in a shift or Neeskens who is skillful, scores goals everytime he plays at the moment pretty much, and can put in a shift

Against that we have someone who we have already rejected once at youth level and has not set the game alight anywhere.

We would have been better getting rid of Hector and Cav if we needed to reduce the wage bill for FPP.But our over cautious coaching staff decided to ditch two attackers rather than one of numerous spare defenders we have.And we are out of the cups, we need goals and wins !

I think the fact that you rate Kamara as a better players than cavaleiro kind of sums up the difference between our points of view. We need goals agreed but we have been creating the chances ,and are not that far away, as you and others continually want to point out.

Statto

Quote from: colinwhite on February 02, 2021, 10:22:12 AM

0001.jpeg

Don't always agree with you Colin (I reckon we're gone mate!!) but you are a proper Fulham fan

colinwhite

Cheers Statto we will see ! A fiver ?

Twig

I have to side with Statto on this one. Of course I will live in hope but I reckon we are down. To my mind this was a window that showed TK already expects and is preparing for, the Khans third relegation.

Jim©

If we genuinely didn't look like competing or having chances to win games I'd agree, but we do compete and we've not taken chances. It's far far from impossible and with Burnley twice, we've got more than a fair chance.

Oakeshott

IF we beat Leicester, and Newcastle at home, we have every chance of overtaking them, never mind Brighton or Burnley.

Bassey the warrior

We're almost certainly down.

Woolly Mammoth

The results this week v Leicester and West Ham are crucial, and we need wins, no margin for error so we have to be on the front foot. Tough challenges but every match is so we will see what we are really made of in these next two home matches.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SouthIslandWhite

The time to win was January and Brighton and WBA are now behind us. We also never signed Dwight Gayle. We have been set adrift, February makes no difference, sorry we are going down.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Andy S

Not yet another 10 games will give a big clue it's always 11 v 11 remember except when you play Southampton

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 02, 2021, 11:05:46 AM
I am not in the Doom and Gloom Department yet. As I feel that we have a fighting chance. Leicester City tomorrow and West Ham United on Saturday will both be challenges we have to meet head on.
Perhaps after playing both of them and it will be interesting to see how we measure up, and perhaps after these two matches may indicate whether our chances have improved or not.
Bearing in mind we have beaten Leicester once already on their patch, and can we do it again, that's a big ask. Also away to West Ham only a last minute penalty miss stopped us from getting a well deserved draw.
So I suppose any result is possible with both these matches at the Cottage, but we will have to be firing on all cylinders to have a fighting chance of maximum points, then again it is going to be like that for every remaining match, no room for error now or any passengers in the team.

I agree, our chance at staying up is better than people realize. The players were improving up until they got covid and the transfer window came along as a massive distraction. FFP is designed to stop owners from buying their way into the premier league and holding your hopes on the Khans beating FFP bringing in premier league players is futile to even a DOF as Rafa Benetriz would struggle. It is now confirmed that cannot stay up by Tony Khan spending next season's money, so we can get down to beating teams with better squads, which is possible.

Malcolm McDonald had barely any money and lots of holes in his squad (i.e. the bench), yet he got us beating many better teams. Tony Khan, unlike Malcolm McDonald, isn't great at buying players but he won't have to sell players like Roger Brown and Tony Gale which will mean Tony Khan will ultimately be more successful than Malcolm McDonald.

The great news is Tony Khan saved money so that we won't have sell off many players next season, so if players like Tete, Tosin, Robinson, and Reed want to play premier league next season they will have to fight for our badge rather than rest their legs for a great finish to the season and next seasons transfer.

Scott Parker can now turn his focus away from the transfer market saving him and know that we are only going to stay up if Tete, Lemina, Anguissa and Robinson start providing key passes for assists, plus RLC, Mitro and Lookman start scoring for fun. I think an improvement in RLC could be the key to our transformation, he has the quality and his career is at a cross roads.