more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v QPR - Anyone At This One?

Started by White Noise, December 10, 2010, 06:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

An Early 20th Century Postcard of Fulham FC's ground at Craven Cottage, on the
banks of the River Thames and a well-known "boat race" landmark.

http://www.oldstratforduponavon.com/londonhamfulham.html

Burt

Darn I think I missed that one, I was having Sky installed and had to wait for the dish-dude.
:drums:

White Noise

LBNo11

...not sure about this game (being played in front of the famous "Rabbit Hutch" stand, the predecessor to the Stevenage Road Stand) but the Fulham 'crew' back at the first game ever played at Craven Cottage against Minerva in 1896 (4 - 0) consisted of Fernhurst, Peabody and Corked Hat who made up the 'Riverside Ruffians'. So vociferous was their 'ragging' of the Minerva fans, that they never tried to take the Riverside ever again...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

VB

FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

finnster01

I think I can make out Mr CorkedHat, Mr OldBrownShoe, Mr Fernhurst and Mr Alfie in the stand, but then I may be wrong... :58:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

In the Enclosure

Think that is the Riverside - a precursor to the present stand

Scrumpy

Well, as LB quite rightly says, that is Stevenage Road behind the Rabbit Hutch (the first 'stand' ever built on the site of Craven Cottage). Proof, if it was needed, that the Club was there long before any of the local houses were built. There isn't a house in sight - and I bet the parking was a breeze!

I guess Fulham was just another suburb in those days, a short trip from London but with plenty of green areas still around. It's changed a bit.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

MJG

Is that a young Danny Murphy in the middle of the picture?

White Noise

Quote from: MJG on December 10, 2010, 11:29:13 PM
Is that a young Danny Murphy in the middle of the picture?

:011:

Looks like he has just mis-timed a tackle - or has his leg given way?

CorkedHat

Quote from: finnster01 on December 10, 2010, 07:46:10 PM
I think I can make out Mr CorkedHat, Mr OldBrownShoe, Mr Fernhurst and Mr Alfie in the stand, but then I may be wrong... :58:

I don't know about those blokes but I distinctly remember that it was another penny to get into the stand and having just spent a halfpenny to park my Penny Farthing in someone's front yard I couldn't afford the luxury. No I'm about thirty from the right standing up. :clap_hands:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

HatterDon

Quote from: CorkedHat on December 11, 2010, 01:39:50 AM

I don't know about those blokes but I distinctly remember that it was another penny to get into the stand and having just spent a halfpenny to park my Penny Farthing in someone's front yard I couldn't afford the luxury. No I'm about thirty from the right standing up. :clap_hands:

so where did one go to spend a penny in those days?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Quote from: HatterDon on December 11, 2010, 03:34:34 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on December 11, 2010, 01:39:50 AM

so where did one go to spend a penny in those days?
Which reminds me of the old joke:
Who invented the copper wire?
Two Scots fighting over a penny :drums:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

alfie

back in those days i was an Essex boy, did not even know what Fulham was let alone where it was.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver