watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Speaks

Started by Southcoastffc, February 03, 2021, 10:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bill taylors apprentice

Compared to many managers in his position I think he speaks well and not just spewing the usual clichés but it does get repetitive because we aren't winning.

I believe we started with a lack of punch up front and its got worse because he's had to concentrate on a system that works hard to deny the opposition and cut down the chances we gave every team we played against.

This has worked but at the expense of our offensive play i.e. players making runs into the box and delivering balls early to make the opposition turn.

Our goals against WBA are a case in point, we don't move the ball quick enough in those areas as we did in that game.

Southcoastffc

It is all very well 'understanding and seeing', it's long past time to do something about the dire situation we're in.   
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Hard to see how we are going to mount a recovery after last night. We were at home but really offered no opposition.
Just one header on target over 90 minutes, we would not have scored had that game run on for a second 90 minutes and it is likely to be the same again against West Ham on Saturday.

I have always been in favour of Scott staying for at least the remainder of the season but right now something needs to change. Perhaps it is time for Scott to realize his tactics are not right and introduce  something quite different. We really can't face just more of the same on Saturday.

bobby01

"There are still 17 games left" actually Scott we are 3 games away from catching up, therefore 14 games left presuming we win 3 and those above us gain no points. At this moment in time I will be surprised if we win 3 in the rest of the season.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

The Cravenette

It has been a frustrating season and for me, last night's match was more disappointing than ever.

The players/coaches etc went into the game knowing we had messed up in the 2nd half at WBA; they should have been really going for it.  Yes ofc Leicester are a good team, but they were without their main talisman striker as well as others and we offerred absolutley nothing.

There was zero urgency in the 2nd half and those players that looked so good during our "renaissance" are looking very flat.  When we get set pieces we need to take full advantage but do we?  Corners are usually cleared fairly easily (Tosin was unlucky last night but that was another golden chance that should have been a goal).  Free kicks just inside the opposition's half are normally passed back the the CB's.  We are still so slow at moving the ball forward we just allow the opposition to get back into shape everytime.

Having said that there are still 17 matches left; we should not be giving up and we surely would not expect Scott or the players to.  Not sure what we would expect Scott to be saying after that game "We were crap and we are as good as down"? Not very motivational.

We have to keep going.  I know how much I was looking forward to last night's match and I expect I will look forward to Saturday too.  At the moment I am still getting over last night's pathetic efforts. It's the hope that kills.

Slaphead in Qatar

Why oh why does he keep starting RLC ?????????

Lordedmundo

Quote from: sarvenpa on February 04, 2021, 08:02:16 AM
Quote from: Ajd1968 on February 04, 2021, 03:06:30 AM
I heard Scott Parker after the game and I thought he spoke well and had a bit of spirit and fight about him even though escape is unlikely.
My issue though is that it appears that now some of the players are not showing the same fighting spirit , belief and determination and though we have improved defensively and we know we will struggle to score goals we are looking a little soft and easy beats and you cant expect the defence and keeper to do it all.
As they say teams should defend from the front as well and the grit seems to have left several players.

Lookman and Anguissa looks like different players after ther Covid spells.
Both players have lost pace and workrate.

Mitrovic have somewhat fallen asleep after Serbia went out of competition.

We miss TC alot. His best game for years against WBA home and then injured.

Agree with both.

I think Parker needs to stick Maja up front as soon as he is ready - along with the most in form/fit 10 players. I'm afraid that means that Mitro and Anguissa go to the subs bench along with RLC. I would be tempted to keep Lookman in despite his lack of fitness (but as CF) simply because he is the only player likely to make something happen in the last third.

Until (if) Cairney/Anguissa are back to fitness/form - we should play 442: Areola, Tete, Andersen, Tosin, Robinson, Reed, Lemina, Cavaleiro (LW), Reid (RW), Lookman (CF), Maja (CF) with Bryan a potentially good alternative to Cav.

FFC In Oz

Parker is lost in a fairytale land of "we have a capable team" and "it's not a must win game" but "we must start winning soon"

As a manager/head coach, it's HIS job to set us up in a way that gives us the best chance of getting the necessary results to stay up.

And he is failing.  Dismally.
"

ALG01

The team had a very bad night but it is not poor, we are very close to being brilliant.

However, without a proper cutrting edge we are severely held back and in fact that is not really the manager's fault. he looked totally gutted after the game and I felt for him because he has been badly let down by the mismanagement off the pitch.

Baszab

I thought we played quite well in first half

Obviously a killer to concede in 44th minute - didn't recover from that

Players looked a bit disheartened with having no forward success - Leicester were too good for us at the back

SP is correct - all professional sportsmen will fight and keep going - they are trained and conditioned to mentally - every minute of every game is taken seriously......unless you have a player who is not actually making any effort - then that must be discouraging for the others that are really trying (eg - Reed) - no wonder AK was peed off

FFC1987

Quote from: ALG01 on February 04, 2021, 03:21:00 PM
The team had a very bad night but it is not poor, we are very close to being brilliant.

However, without a proper cutrting edge we are severely held back and in fact that is not really the manager's fault. he looked totally gutted after the game and I felt for him because he has been badly let down by the mismanagement off the pitch.

Honestly, I like the majority of the players in this team but they're far from brilliant. We've been competing mostly, not so much dominating and we've often consistently been toothless in final third.

I'm not in the bracket that I think they're dreadful, but I do think we are one of two away from being a mid table side.

FulhamStu

I have just watched the 90 mins and I agree largely with what Parker said.  1st have the main difference was Maddison who did a few absolute quality things that turned the game.  I actually thought RLC was decent, they did a job on Mitro who looked frustrated.  Generally Andersen and Tosin were good but we did lack quality and Reed despite all his energy gave the ball away umpteen times. 2nd half they sat back as has been said and we went long which did not work as the deliveries were poor.  We really need to improve our delivery into the box from crosses, free kicks and esp corners.  Surely it's not that hard to coach that.  We were not completely outclassed but beaten by a better team, thought we looked a bit jaded and missed Anguissa 2nd half, having said that he would have struggled as well with the sitting so deep.  Not sure that Parker did much wrong on the night, a needs to technique, especially final ball during general training.

hovewhite

I don't have his audio stuff on.

Twig

WhiteJC

LittleErn

Quote from: The Cravenette on February 04, 2021, 10:28:36 AM
It has been a frustrating season and for me, last night's match was more disappointing than ever.

The players/coaches etc went into the game knowing we had messed up in the 2nd half at WBA; they should have been really going for it.  Yes ofc Leicester are a good team, but they were without their main talisman striker as well as others and we offerred absolutley nothing.

There was zero urgency in the 2nd half and those players that looked so good during our "renaissance" are looking very flat.  When we get set pieces we need to take full advantage but do we?  Corners are usually cleared fairly easily (Tosin was unlucky last night but that was another golden chance that should have been a goal).  Free kicks just inside the opposition's half are normally passed back the the CB's.  We are still so slow at moving the ball forward we just allow the opposition to get back into shape everytime.

Having said that there are still 17 matches left; we should not be giving up and we surely would not expect Scott or the players to.  Not sure what we would expect Scott to be saying after that game "We were crap and we are as good as down"? Not very motivational.

We have to keep going.  I know how much I was looking forward to last night's match and I expect I will look forward to Saturday too.  At the moment I am still getting over last night's pathetic efforts. It's the hope that kills.

This sums it up well for me. Our team did look "flat" especially in midfield (I exclude Reed who showed his usual energy). Perhaps it post covid, who knows? But I wonder if it is because of their frustration with the way in which our attacks stall in front of them. We knew that Leicester were good on the counter, so why did our midfield allow themselves to be sucked forward so far, allowing their 1st goal? I think it is because they are watching the forwards take easy options and unable to penetrate a solid defence, so they get suckered into joining in the attack. The "strikers" lack pace over the first few yards (Mitro and RLC particularly) and our slow build up means that we are always in a crowded penalty area. We weren't outclassed by a very good Leicester team, but if Maja doesn't cut the mustard then I don't see where goals will come from. I'm not a great Cairney lover (I think he is too predictable because he only uses one foot), but there are games where his ability to hold on to the ball would be useful, and I think this was one of them.

WindyCity

Quote from: Nero on February 03, 2021, 10:53:29 PM
Perhaps if the manager hadn't told the team at the beginning of the season he expects them to lose most of the time they may have one some and had some confidence going forward

Bingo that!  I still remember that, and it still leaves me scratching my head why any manager/coach would ever say such a thing.  Btw, I do like SP as the coach of FFC and hope he's given a chance over next several years to stick, but quite frankly he has publicly stated several things over the past that I just can't get on board with.

toshes mate

It's really clutching at straws to blame Parker for a malaise that has been around the Club ever since Khan Junior installed himself with CK as the Greatest Ever Illusionists.   Parker has made plentiful mistakes and has, at times, been infuriating, but he was appointed after a series of blunders ripped the heart out of this Club.  He did well to improve morale and with a half way decent DoF who knows what he could achieve.  Of course he is and will continue to be the soft target but if those charged with running the Club really want change for the better then they need to look very closely at themselves before moving Parker, or for that matter anyone else, on. 

Andersen is also doing his bit and I really think we need to get out this doom and gloom and get behind him and the rest of the team.   

Baszab

SP came over really well - he is sincere and has not lost the dressing room
But WHY LC ?