watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Speaks

Started by Southcoastffc, February 03, 2021, 10:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Scott Parker stands defiant by his team, knowing they'll give maximum effort and tenacity for the remainder of the season after a disappointing defeat to Leicester on Wednesday.

Two pieces of James Maddison quality unzipped Fulham in a game that lacked gilt-edged chances at Craven Cottage.

"I thought we huffed-and-puffed tonight," he declared. "Their quality in the attacking third for their goals was evident. The detail in their counter attack with the decisions they made was excellent. We weren't able to take our moments, not necessarily with shots, but little overloads.

"We fell a little bit short. We understand we need to start winning football matches - we're at a stage where there is a clear focus. We move onto Saturday."

The Head Coach knows there are many chapters left in the Premier League season and the fight continues to stay in the division.

"For large parts we had a control about us," he continued. "We played some good stuff without causing them too many problems. People may say I'm mad, but I see a team that can win football matches. There are 17 games left this season, we've seen what a couple of results in a short space of time can do.

"Am I looking at a team that's wilting to a slow death? Not at all. My team is fully committed to the job in hand."

The 40-year-old called for the same endeavour that has earned his side many plaudits for the run-in to the end of the season.

"We need to win games now. We want to give ourselves a fighting chance to stay in this division. This team have progressed extremely well. We've gone from a team that was written off to a team that has worked on certain problems.

"When you're newly-promoted, progression is what you need to work on. This is a great group of lads that are working their hardest. The way we win games is by putting in strong, confident performances. We can't let defeats derail us."     064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

OldBrownShoe

093.gif ok then. 051 somebody must accept responsibility for this farcical season.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

fcfulham55

I've seen a team go from being really poor, to progressively slowly getting better. To then begin to slowly return towards poor.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Nero

Perhaps if the manager hadn't told the team at the beginning of the season he expects them to lose most of the time they may have one some and had some confidence going forward

Dodger53

Quote from: fcfulham55 on February 03, 2021, 10:48:43 PM
I've seen a team go from being really poor, to progressively slowly getting better. To then begin to slowly return towards poor.
That is because for a few weeks they punched above their skill level and now they are showing us why we got them on loan or cheap or over priced. Someone saw us coming.

roberto w6

Spot on and I can't really see what has caused the down-turn

john dempsey

Scott speaks gibberish ..

Kimbleman

I quite agree with this post. First six to eight games we were just not at the races, then a marked improvement with the new signings available and bedding in (particularly our new defensive line-up). Dare I say it....there was hope, that we had somehow got to grips (finally) with how to play in this league. Then........

The last month....January, the wheels started to come off again. There were fine margins with ref decisions....with silly penalties (Kamara wall handball) penalties missed (cashman, Cav) and other close goal attempts somehow saved (RLC last seconds goal line clearance against BHA) mental sending off when gaining the advantage (Robinson against Chelsea).

It's become a bit of a pattern and along with our inability to unpick a good premiership defence (think tonight.....Schmeichel barely made any meaningful save).

So, we have a decent defence (just Leicester city were too good for us tonight) and a half decent midfield, it's just up front we seem devoid of ideas. So what the hell do we do????

Shooting practice?? Training ground routines, maybe picking up goals from set pieces (after all that helped get us promoted when the season restarted after lockdown 1)? Roll the dice and shuffle the pack.....have a look at our academy lads to see if there's a gem in there (not even sure that's possible with the 25 man squad ??....can someone please clarify that)

I'm no manager, I've never even been a football player apart from a few turn outs for a pub team (cricket was my game) but without some lateral thinking on the part of the manager, coaching staff and players themselves we are getting close to the relegation 'event horizon'.

Maybe new signing Josh up front with BDR and Lookman?? Drop RLC and play Frank and Lemina with Reid? Stick with today's back four but add Tete? That's a kind of fast front line, solid midfield and strong back four.

Love Mitro but he is way off the Prem pace (use him as a last thirty minute sub possibly) and RLC has flattered to deceive, big powerful but does not score goals. Cav, as with Mitro, impact sub (maybe double up replacement with Mitro).

Comments welcome.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: roberto w6 on February 03, 2021, 10:53:43 PM

Spot on and I can't really see what has caused the down-turn

We've played 200 matches in 45 days and have no quality depth so every decent field player is exhausted?

Statto

The "I see a team that..." catchphrase quickly gets tiresome when we look crap.

FFC In Oz

He speaks absolute nonsense.

He destroyed the team's confidence (As pointed out by Nero above) when he said he expects us to go on long losing runs.

I can't listen to his pressers it's worse than listening to a politician with all the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Ajd1968

I heard Scott Parker after the game and I thought he spoke well and had a bit of spirit and fight about him even though escape is unlikely.
My issue though is that it appears that now some of the players are not showing the same fighting spirit , belief and determination and though we have improved defensively and we know we will struggle to score goals we are looking a little soft and easy beats and you cant expect the defence and keeper to do it all.
As they say teams should defend from the front as well and the grit seems to have left several players.

sarvenpa

Quote from: Ajd1968 on February 04, 2021, 03:06:30 AM
I heard Scott Parker after the game and I thought he spoke well and had a bit of spirit and fight about him even though escape is unlikely.
My issue though is that it appears that now some of the players are not showing the same fighting spirit , belief and determination and though we have improved defensively and we know we will struggle to score goals we are looking a little soft and easy beats and you cant expect the defence and keeper to do it all.
As they say teams should defend from the front as well and the grit seems to have left several players.

Lookman and Anguissa looks like different players after ther Covid spells.
Both players have lost pace and workrate.

Mitrovic have somewhat fallen asleep after Serbia went out of competition.

We miss TC alot. His best game for years against WBA home and then injured.

davew

I have stopped listening to his post match or prematch comments as it is clear he is living in cloud cuckoo land!! Perhaps he will start to accept the inevitable i.e. relegation and discuss what is needed next season, he is like a broken record "I see a team of players" etc. etc. I see a team that I have always supported that are simply in a false league and deservedly heading back to the Championship, will the Khans get it right the next time we get promoted again?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southdowns White

"we understand we need to start winning matches" It's a bit late now, He should have got his players fired up and trying to win games from the start instead of trying not to lose. Personally I believe this team are capable of winning games despite the obvious lack of depth in playing staff, Scott, I think it's time the fat lady started singing for you.

mrmicawbers

He's doesn't come across as panicking.Has he been told he's here next season whatever?

blingo

Quote from: davew on February 04, 2021, 08:29:20 AM
I have stopped listening to his post match or prematch comments as it is clear he is living in cloud cuckoo land!! Perhaps he will start to accept the inevitable i.e. relegation and discuss what is needed next season, he is like a broken record "I see a team of players" etc. etc. I see a team that I have always supported that are simply in a false league and deservedly heading back to the Championship, will the Khans get it right the next time we get promoted again?

TK has already said, We would have killed to be a yoyo team before they came. God help us.

Have we got a team that can win matches? YES, but not under Parker.

clarkey

Parker's interviews are always the same. Unfortunately he does not instill the same level of fight in the team.The last ten minutes they barely mustered an attack and zero urgency.

He should be working day and night on dead ball set ups, and finishing.

He isn't.

blingo

"We have a team thats capable" yes Scott, and if my aunty had a pair of nuts, she'd be my uncle.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on February 04, 2021, 08:29:20 AM

I have stopped listening to his interviews and comments as it is clear he is living in cloud cuckoo land!! Perhaps he will start to accept the inevitable i.e. relegation and discuss what is needed next season, he is like a broken record. I see a team that I have always supported that are simply in a false league and deservedly heading back to the Championship.

Dave, you should not talk about TK like that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.