watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I turned off at half time

Started by blingo, February 04, 2021, 09:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

Too be fair Blingo you came on the forum before the game and said that we should all get behind the team - which I posted and agreed with . What really disappointed me last night ,along with the performance, was that Maja wasn't even on the bench. That smacks of either we have signed again someone who is not match fit or over cautiousness on Scott's behalf. Would it really have hurt to have had him there , on the bench instead of either Hector or Ream ? I think not - he might have even given him 10 minutes at the end when we were struggling to make any impression on their defence

For what it's worth Colin I haven't given up either but it is looking dire - we look shattered both physically and mentally.

SG

Quote from: HV71 on February 04, 2021, 11:41:41 AM
Too be fair Blingo you came on the forum before the game and said that we should all get behind the team - which I posted and agreed with . What really disappointed me last night ,along with the performance, was that Maja wasn't even on the bench. That smacks of either we have signed again someone who is not match fit or over cautiousness on Scott's behalf. Would it really have hurt to have had him there , on the bench instead of either Hector or Ream ? I think not - he might have even given him 10 minutes at the end when we were struggling to make any impression on their defence

For what it's worth Colin I haven't given up either but it is looking dire - we look shattered both physically and mentally.

I thought we all agreed that he wasn't registered in time to play and only arrived in the country on Wednesday morning. So he couldn't play in this match

HV71

Sorry must have missed that memo - still can't understand how Diagne can fly from Turkey and be on the bench for the Baggies , King can be on the bench for Everton but we can't get a guy to be on the bench from Bordeaux? Must be Brexit . Lack of urgency will lead to F exit from the Premier League!

colinwhite

What is very obvious from watching us this year is that the gulf between the Pl and championship has grown ,even since our last relegation.
We didnt set the championship alight last year but we got up at the first attempt. I find it particularly perturbing that the same people saying that we should have walked the championship last year (with that squad ) are now often the ones saying we arent good enough and r´that we should be strolling passed the likes of Brighton ,Burnley and WBA. Which is it to be because you (and Im not directing this at anyone in this thread especially) cant have it both ways?
I still havent forgotten the fact that we have improved massively since those first 4 games. I agree we are now at crunch point. Its easier to fight as underdog ,given no chance by most against the top sides than the teams you are expected to beat right ? Well no, actually its just two different types of problems.
Ive been reading that we are toothless and dont look dangerous. When we sat deeper ,pressed,counter-pressed with only quick players in the side we created chances . We didnt put them away but there were no short of good chances created. The team selection against wHam will be interesting. Parker is good at bouncing back ,as he showed last season when written off, so dont count us out just yet.

FFC In Oz

I too turned the match off as soon as the second goal went in.

Our drab, dreary style of football is so boring to watch.

The club needs an overhaul, and Parker has to be the first scapegoat.

Jim©

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 04, 2021, 12:18:30 PM
...Parker has to be the first scapegoat.

Does there have to be a scapegoat? Can't we have a longer term plan for things without changing the manager every 10 minutes?

I personally simply cannot understand turning things off because we're not getting the result we wanted.
What few have done is praise Leicester. I thought they were excellent and did what they've done for a good few years now and attack from a deep position with speed and skill.
We were ok until the final third when we looked utterly lost, but that's what LCFC do to teams. Irritating to watch but they're masters at it.

If at the beginning of the season someone had said would you take 3 from 6 points v Leicester, the answer from almost all of us would have been "yes". So why the switching off of matches for supposedly the first time in 50+ years?? Where's the sense of perspective??

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Jim© on February 04, 2021, 12:25:37 PM

Does there have to be a scapegoat? Can't we have a longer term plan for things without changing the manager every 10 minutes?

I personally simply cannot understand turning things off because we're not getting the result we wanted.
What few have done is praise Leicester. I thought they were excellent and did what they've done for a good few years now and attack from a deep position with speed and skill.
We were ok until the final third when we looked utterly lost, but that's what LCFC do to teams. Irritating to watch but they're masters at it.

If at the beginning of the season someone had said would you take 3 from 6 points v Leicester, the answer from almost all of us would have been "yes". So why the switching off of matches for supposedly the first time in 50+ years?? Where's the sense of perspective??

Sense of perspective?  It's not just the 2 Leicester games that we play.  We play EVERY team twice.

We've not won since the 1st December, that's more than two months.  We've won TWO games all season.  Bottom of the table Sheffield United didn't get a win for 3 months, and they've now won more games than us.

Other teams that people here deludedly thought we could catch (like Palace, Newcastle & Brighton have all started to pick up the occasional win.  We just continue to get further and further adrift.

The facts are that Parkers shows little to no tactical nous and there are no signs that things are changing.

colinwhite

Yeh great ,back to square one roll the roullette wheel

blingo

Quote from: colinwhite on February 04, 2021, 12:53:37 PM
Yeh great ,back to square one roll the roullette wheel

Problem is that the ball keeps landing in the ZERO

Whitestone

I too turned the match off as soon as the second goal went in.

Our drab, dreary style of football is so boring to watch.

The club needs an overhaul, and Parker has to be the first scapegoat.
Quote from: Jim© on February 04, 2021, 12:25:37 PM

0001.jpeg

Statto

Quote from: SG on February 04, 2021, 11:48:02 AM

I thought we all agreed that he wasn't registered in time to play and only arrived in the country on Wednesday morning. So he couldn't play in this match

He was registered in time but Parker said he hasn't played for several weeks so isn't fit

If he was fit we wouldn't have signed him, obviously

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Statto on February 04, 2021, 01:51:38 PM
Quote from: SG on February 04, 2021, 11:48:02 AM

He was registered in time but Parker said he hasn't played for several weeks so isn't fit

If he was fit we wouldn't have signed him, obviously

Crazy that Lingard hadn't played this season for United but what was good to go and score a brace for West Ham.

Whitesideup

I'm with Jim. I thought Leicester's game management from 2-0 was excellent. The defining moment may have been the header from Tosin. He hit the target but it was straight at Schmeichel. Good save as the ball was moving with pace, but a foot to the right or maybe two feet to the left (because of defender by the keeper) and it's 1-1. Psychologically the game changes. But instead shortly after we go 2-0 down - game over. Second half we had one chance, ball from Mitro to BDR, but what a recovery the defender made, just getting the block in. But Leicester defended well all over the pitch, and made it a very difficult second half for us. Mark of a good, well-organized side.

Having said that, offensively we were perhaps too easy to handle, and the last 10 or 15 minutes or so we resorted to hoofing it into the box. But there were occasions even in the first half when it was our poor choices and our poor execution that let us down. Yes, we came up short, including Lookman and Rlc I'm afraid, and Mitro did not have the best of games. But I did not see a lack of effort or application, or even some good passages of play. However, Jonathon Pierce got it right on MotD  when he said words to the effect of "That's a good spell of one and two-touch football from Fulham ... going nowhere".

Dr Quinzel

I was surprised when we got promoted under Scott (and appreciative of course) as I didn't think he had it in him to get us through the playoffs. But that surprise then probably explains why I am not surprised in the slightest at where we are now (assessing SP only - my TK issues aside). He has shown managerial capability, but it's more often we've been average to poor in games across both divisions, rather than looking impressive. That said, I wouldn't change now - we need some stability and I already think we are down. I'd wait until the Summer and see where we are with both TK and then SP.

colinwhite

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 04, 2021, 03:13:03 PM
I'm with Jim. I thought Leicester's game management from 2-0 was excellent. The defining moment may have been the header from Tosin. He hit the target but it was straight at Schmeichel. Good save as the ball was moving with pace, but a foot to the right or maybe two feet to the left (because of defender by the keeper) and it's 1-1. Psychologically the game changes. But instead shortly after we go 2-0 down - game over. Second half we had one chance, ball from Mitro to BDR, but what a recovery the defender made, just getting the block in. But Leicester defended well all over the pitch, and made it a very difficult second half for us. Mark of a good, well-organized side.

Having said that, offensively we were perhaps too easy to handle, and the last 10 or 15 minutes or so we resorted to hoofing it into the box. But there were occasions even in the first half when it was our poor choices and our poor execution that let us down. Yes, we came up short, including Lookman and Rlc I'm afraid, and Mitro did not have the best of games. But I did not see a lack of effort or application, or even some good passages of play. However, Jonathon Pierce got it right on MotD  when he said words to the effect of "That's a good spell of one and two-touch football from Fulham ... going nowhere".

Fair I would say

hovewhite

It's a bloody hard watch this year and am fed up well fed up with it.