watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I turned off at half time

Started by blingo, February 04, 2021, 09:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

I haven't done that since the days of the plank Lawrie Sanchez.

SP's comments are now boring the best of us. It's clear he is devoid of ideas. We played rubbish until Roy came in and in two months he turned us around. THAT is the difference between a manager who know his trade and an apprentice trying to pretend he's qualified two years into his apprenticeship.

Sorry but dejected is an understatement and it will get worse. I posted an SP TK thread a long while back. I have seen NOTHING to make me change my mind. The squad is good enough, unfortunately the manager and DOF are not.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

PaulJ123

I don't think it's TKs fault if you're saying the squad is good enough. That's his job to get that good enough then the managers to turn it into results.

Sadly, Parker is not up to it.

Whitestone

Quote from: blingo on February 04, 2021, 09:29:10 AM

SP's comments are now boring the best of us. It's clear he is devoid of ideas. We played rubbish until Roy came in and in two months he turned us around. THAT is the difference between a manager who know his trade and an apprentice trying to pretend he's qualified two years into his apprenticeship.

Sorry but dejected is an understatement and it will get worse. I posted an SP TK thread a long while back. I have seen NOTHING to make me change my mind. The squad is good enough, unfortunately the manager and DOF are not.

It makes no sense to suggest that the squad is good enough but the DOF is not.

Slaphead in Qatar

I am not really looking forward to the rest of the season. Our players were just going through the motions last night and it was not a good watch.

blingo

Quote from: Whitestone on February 04, 2021, 09:39:13 AM

It does when there is an imbalance of players.

colinwhite

blingo

Quote from: colinwhite on February 04, 2021, 09:59:48 AM
Blingo ,why bother at all ?

Because it hurts me to see us like this and because I CARE Colin. 57 years supporting man and boy, and I'm supposed to just shut up? No I vent my feelings and anger because I'm watching my club going through a disastrous period.

Andy S

Disaster is a strong word. I would say difficult

Keefy

Blingo, I totally agree with you. For the first time in 59 years of supporting Fulham I also switched off and as things stand I'm in no rush to watch another performance like that. I've seen worse but never from such a talented group of players. Please note I didn't say team. I often hear the phrase describing different teams as well drilled/organised. In my opinion it is not how you would describe Fulham right now. I have never thought of Scott as a Manager and have seen nothing to change my mind.  Hard to imagine teams lining up to employ Scott should ( hopefully when) he leaves. I was at Roy's first game in charge one evening in Bolton and saw a positive change straight away . Recently promoted teams such as AV, Wolves and Leeds have all shown improvements ....not us   

blingo

Quote from: Andy S on February 04, 2021, 10:16:16 AM
Disaster is a strong word. I would say difficult

It is disastrous tho Andy, we have a talented crew but no captain steering the ship.

filham

Well you did well to miss the second half , Liecester just sat on their 2 goal advantage and our attacking was limited to the area between the halfway line and their penalty area, we never penetrated or got behind their defense.
Our attack looked so poor.

blingo

Quote from: filham on February 04, 2021, 10:22:04 AM
Well you did well to miss the second half , Liecester just sat on their 2 goal advantage and our attacking was limited to the area between the halfway line and their penalty area, we never penetrated or got behind their defense.
Our attack looked so poor.

Attack poor or build up rubbish Filham?

colinwhite

Im glad to hear you care Blingo ,because that wasnt obvious seeing you turned off at half time. I guess we are around the same age as ive been supporting the club since 1965.
I hope it makes you feel better venting your anger because it gets on my wick! No offence meant my friend Im just being honest. I sat through the 2nd half and it wasnt great , but with 17 games to go and having been through 2 great escapes we are not buried yet. It isnt all black and whatever you think of Parker he is a fighter who has a knack of bouncing back. So get positive and stop turning the telly off before the end of games ! The club needs supporters.

Whitestone

Quote from: blingo on February 04, 2021, 09:59:09 AM

But you said the squad is good enough. You can't have it both ways just because your narrative is against the DOF.

blingo

Quote from: Whitestone on February 04, 2021, 10:56:17 AM
Quote from: blingo on February 04, 2021, 09:59:09 AM

But you said the squad is good enough. You can't have it both ways just because your narrative is against the DOF.

Lets rephrase, the players are good enough in the main. Has TK done a good job? No too little and always too late. Is parker good enough? In one word NO . He doesn't have us playing as a team

blingo

Quote from: colinwhite on February 04, 2021, 10:53:15 AM
Im glad to hear you care Blingo ,because that wasnt obvious seeing you turned off at half time. I guess we are around the same age as ive been supporting the club since 1965.
I hope it makes you feel better venting your anger because it gets on my wick! No offence meant my friend Im just being honest. I sat through the 2nd half and it wasnt great , but with 17 games to go and having been through 2 great escapes we are not buried yet. It isnt all black and whatever you think of Parker he is a fighter who has a knack of bouncing back. So get positive and stop turning the telly off before the end of games ! The club needs supporters.

Colin, those on here that know me, (I have been around since the site first started) will tell you that there is NO ONE on here who is more optomistic than me on here, but you can't just keep burying your head in the sand because eventually you'll get shafted. We are in dire straights here, the likes of which I haven't seen since the days of Lawrie Sanchez and Felix .

fcfulham55

I recorded the game on BT.  Watched it a couple of hours later.  Played it at x2 speed after they scored. Skipped half time, then at 2-0 just kept it on x16 speed as I kept an eye on the scoreline to the end.

Usually get really stressed out watching.  And though I wasn't happy, its much better to do it this way for my mental health lol.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

New Kid on the Block

I too was bored watching us last night. The players looked very dejected at the end of the match and I suspect, not just because we lost. We have no penetration in the final third and it seems that nobody wants to take a shot. Lookman is a shadow of his former self. He was the catalyst for most of our attacks when he first joined us. Now he is almost invisible. Is that down to Scott's negative tactics?

It's all very well the pundits and commentators saying how much we've improved at the back, but we do still concede goals, albeit far fewer, but if we only concede one goal in a match, we are still likely to lose or at best draw, as we have so few shots at the other end. The new lad is gonna need to score at least 2 per game to even give us a chance of closing the gap and not even C7 could do that. We are down, there is no doubt in my mind. The gap is so large to reach 17th, that I think the relegation places have already been decided.

toshes mate

The squad is good enough, unfortunately the manager and DOF are not.
I watched the whole game although it may have been more sensible healthwise to do what you did. 

I agree with this snippet of your post and would offer the suggestion that had TK not become self-appointed DoF (with CK as his assistant) then Parker would not be our head coach now.  It is the duty of any football professional, especially in a position of significant power, to recognise ability or potential in their employees, not just on paper or in numbers, but with their full set of senses.   That duty of care to good employees becomes a win-win.

TK, in my opinion, has never had and probably never will have any of those senses especially the one concerning duty of care towards the whole entity and not to the self.   When you pass up the opportunity of fostering a good relationship with a fine coach who does well with relatively modest players then you serve him well with a supply of what s/he needs to do even better.   TK's ego doesn't allow him the capacity to be better or become better although clearly he'll appear to do 'well' in an entertainment that is theatre dressed up as sport e.g. the professional wrestling scene.    TK hasn't changed his spots and surely it is time his father took note of that.